Top 10 teams this year

Blaze45

Shad will win 6-7 games a year there regularly and have 8-9 win teams, too.

That man is the real deal. He proved it to me when he won at MTCS.

I think he gets it turned around immediately. Good to hear WB's scrimmage against Cleveland went the Govs way.

By the way, somewhat off-topic for this post, the fullback #45 on Oakland, Hurd I believe, is a beast. He'll shine in Coach Creasy's Wing-T.

I believe it! The last couple of years the Govs have been absolutely horrible on defense. Horrible! But they looked very good on defense in that scrimmage and Cleveland is a quality team. I was shocked when I saw how improved they were already.I am very confident that the Govs will surprise some teams this year.

1. Maryville

2. Oakland

3. Whitehaven

4. Blackman

5. Riverdale

6. White Station

7. Science Hill

8. Smyrna

9. Ravenwood

T10. William Blount

T10. Dobyns-Bennett

DB will not be in the top 10. Probably not the top 20. Sorry dreamers. Change the whole organization +5 years with new thinking coaches and maybe. Move on to ETSU football - something with at least a glimmer of hope. Edited by DBGRAD70

DB will not be in the top 10. Probably not the top 20. Sorry dreamers. Change the whole organization +5 years with new thinking coaches and maybe. Move on to ETSU football - something with at least a glimmer of hope.

The only thing right in that poll is Maryville at #1. I agree somewhat with what you say but DB probably is a top 10 team despite the "organization problems".  Science Hill is not a top 10 team and Sevier Co. is. Science Hill lost 75% of their offense from last year and their defense was terrible.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

I believe it! The last couple of years the Govs have been absolutely horrible on defense. Horrible! But they looked very good on defense in that scrimmage and Cleveland is a quality team. I was shocked when I saw how improved they were already.I am very confident that the Govs will surprise some teams this year.

Not trying to put a damper on your WB parade but there is nothing currently "quality" about Cleveland. Good history? Yes! Currently a "quality" team? Not even close!

Not trying to put a damper on your WB parade but there is nothing currently "quality" about Cleveland. Good history? Yes! Currently a "quality" team? Not even close!

They are two years removed from a semi-finals run and gave OR fits in the 2nd round last year. They also just got a coach that has appeared in the last 2 state championships and won 1 of those. If that's not quality I don't know what is.

Forget a top 10, it's a top 32 with one very lucky team at the end.I'm the first to say Maryville is a favorite every year after watching them for the last several years.With that said, they have had to work some magic to get it done so many times and last year they had to pull a 800 pound rabbit out of coach Qs hat.

Forget a top 10, it's a top 32 with one very lucky team at the end.I'm the first to say Maryville is a favorite every year after watching them for the last several years.With that said, they have had to work some magic to get it done so many times and last year they had to pull a 800 pound rabbit out of coach Qs hat.

They were lucky to survive the 2nd half onslaught from sevier co. :D

The only thing right in that poll is Maryville at #1. I agree somewhat with what you say but DB probably is a top 10 team despite the "organization problems". Science Hill is not a top 10 team and Sevier Co. is. Science Hill lost 75% of their offense from last year and their defense was terrible.

I doubt sevier co. will be top 10 in 6a this year

I'm excited for the super 32. With everyone getting a 1st round game there's a chance for some upsets. Now the people against the super 32 say there'll be a lot of blowouts and they may be right. But.... These people fail to realize that blowouts have been happening in the playoffs for years, its not even uncommon to see a blowout deep in the playoffs. There's alot of variables that can lead to a blowout.

They are two years removed from a semi-finals run and gave OR fits in the 2nd round last year. They also just got a coach that has appeared in the last 2 state championships and won 1 of those. If that's not quality I don't know what is.

And there is probably not a lot of kids on those teams still there, plus they like yall have a new coaching staff.

Besides yall will be better simply because yall are getting better coaching. It's not that Shad is some kind of coaching genius. I can recall probably four calls in my four years with him that I thought were genius. I call also say there were times when I thought we were very predictable and others when I thought we abandoned those things that were working, and god knows we had no idea where the middle of the field was in the passing game. 

To me the Shad difference is two fold. (1)-preparedness: If you haven't been to practice you should go. The kids will be fully aware of where they are supposed to be. He is organized and has a air horn blowing to keep him on track if he gets distracted. The coach we had prior to Shad would lumber from station to station and you would also see the kids doing the same. That will not happen with Shad, everybody hustles all the time.

(2)-master motivator: He has a way of capturing the moment and the ability of communicating with kids and making them believe.

Yall will make the playoffs (so will everyone else) and yall will surprise some people, because yall will practice better and be more prepared than a lot of the coaching staffs yall will face. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Mykidsdad,

I was impressed with the big difference I saw in the defense. I have ranted about this a million times but the defense has just been god awful. At the scrimmage our defense was playing lights out and was right on top of everything. We didn't have kids out of position and arm tackling like you'll usually see watching WB's defense. With our improved defense alone we will be able to win more games this year.