Top 10 teams this year

Blaze45

I also really liked Shad's ability to bring energy to the team. During the scrimmage when he could tell the team was starting to go into a lull he would light a fire under them and get them jacked again. After scrimmaging for 2 hours our team still looked excited and ran over the end zone to have the post game meeting with Shad. They were jumping up and down and high fiving each other while Clevelands players slowly walked to their meeting with Cummings.

I love how folks are posting up Shad just outside of GQ's shadow....

He is not even in the same area code as George in game management, let alone play calling. My clairvoyance will be apparent soon enough..

Go Cardinals

Why don't you come to the Govs next scrimmage in the fall and see how good he is doing with this team? You might change your mind.

I was really shocked when Cummings left West and went to Cleveland. Not sure what team can produce better players but he did a great job at West. I can remember one year back in the eighties when West had eighteen players on the entire football team and having lots of 1-9 seasons. That would have been the last place in Knoxville I would have went to be a head coach at but he did a great job there making something out of nothing.

Gov where he will hurt Maryville and Alcoa eventually will be getting the players that should of been coming to William Blount in the first place. That might even some things up a bit but that will take a few years There are some boy's that are key players on Maryville that may have went another direction had he been there two or three years ago but it's the ones coming up now in the midgets and middle schools that will change in that direction if things go good for him the first few years.

They are two years removed from a semi-finals run and gave OR fits in the 2nd round last year. They also just got a coach that has appeared in the last 2 state championships and won 1 of those. If that's not quality I don't know what is.

If that is your definition of quality, then I expect the same Govs to run out next year only to be a bit better coached. Nothing else! Cleveland is so far removed from that that you speak of it isn't even funny. Being better coached doesn't necessarily equal wins. Just means your kids will be in better position to make plays. As for your OR reference, face it, OR played in a soft district and it showed come playoff time.

If that is your definition of quality, then I expect the same Govs to run out next year only to be a bit better coached. Nothing else! Cleveland is so far removed from that that you speak of it isn't even funny. Being better coached doesn't necessarily equal wins. Just means your kids will be in better position to make plays. As for your OR reference, face it, OR played in a soft district and it showed come playoff time.

Cleveland might not be as good but they will still be one of the top teams in their district and you know Cummings will have them competing at a high level in no time.

WB will be better and will surprise people. The defense I saw in that scrimmage is light years better than we have played in years and I have no doubt that is due to Shadowens influence. We have had the players but they weren't getting coached up and our stars had egos and didn't want to play defense. Just last year one of our stars on offense made it known that he did not like playing D and it showed... But during that scrimmage with Cleveland he was involved in almost every single play on defense and had a pick 6 and a couple of pass break-ups. Shadowens has got these kids to embrace defense and you can tell they are having a blast. Last year our offense was pretty good and it will be much the same this year, except with some different faces and a bit less sloppy. The Govs will make some believers out of people this year. #youbetterbelieveit

Gov where he will hurt Maryville and Alcoa eventually will be getting the players that should of been coming to William Blount in the first place. That might even some things up a bit but that will take a few years There are some boy's that are key players on Maryville that may have went another direction had he been there two or three years ago but it's the ones coming up now in the midgets and middle schools that will change in that direction if things go good for him the first few years.

Barney,

We have a few players that transferred over from Alcoa last year and are eligible this year. One of them looked pretty good in that scrimmage. He had a pick 6 and some other good plays on defense. They also let him have a carry or two on offense and it looked to me like he could be a good back if they can get him to stop holding that football like a loaf of bread. He definitely has the speed.

Cleveland might not be as good but they will still be one of the top teams in their district and you know Cummings will have them competing at a high level in no time.

WB will be better and will surprise people. The defense I saw in that scrimmage is light years better than we have played in years and I have no doubt that is due to Shadowens influence. We have had the players but they weren't getting coached up and our stars had egos and didn't want to play defense. Just last year one of our stars on offense made it known that he did not like playing D and it showed... But during that scrimmage with Cleveland he was involved in almost every single play on defense and had a pick 6 and a couple of pass break-ups. Shadowens has got these kids to embrace defense and you can tell they are having a blast. Last year our offense was pretty good and it will be much the same this year, except with some different faces and a bit less sloppy. The Govs will make some believers out of people this year. #youbetterbelieveit

Ooooookkkkkk toned down PA!

Its not the players its the system. Until someone is able to install a system like Maryville has and keep it running on all cylinders for as long as Maryville has things will remain the same. It just blows my mind that nobody can duplicate what they do because its so simple. I guess dedication is a thing of the past everywhere but good 'ole Maryville.

Its not the players its the system. Until someone is able to install a system like Maryville has and keep it running on all cylinders for as long as Maryville has things will remain the same. It just blows my mind that nobody can duplicate what they do because its so simple. I guess dedication is a thing of the past everywhere but good 'ole Maryville.

This post is so wrong.