William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

What's the deal in LA? Can the govs not protect the Qb? Did the backup qb play the last half of the 3rd and most of the 4th to get some experience? By now, an offense should be in place to play to their strengths. How many seniors on the wb roster? I know one who did not play a single play last week in a running clock game. WTC?

What's the deal in LA? Can the govs not protect the Qb? Did the backup qb play the last half of the 3rd and most of the 4th to get some experience? By now, an offense should be in place to play to their strengths. How many seniors on the wb roster? I know one who did not play a single play last week in a running clock game. WTC?

A big part of that was Alcoa's defense. I was surprised at how good they were given that they graduated so many of their starters on defense last year. In my opinion, they are better this year than they were last year. I think they will give Maryville fits.I'll be very interested to see how that game goes.

I'm gonna wait until I see how the Govs do in the DB game before I judge the offense too harshly.

A big part of that was Alcoa's defense. I was surprised at how good they were given that they graduated so many of their starters on defense last year. In my opinion, they are better this year than they were last year. I think they will give Maryville fits.I'll be very interested to see how that game goes.

I'm gonna wait until I see how the Govs do in the DB game before I judge the offense too harshly.

After hearing you and Hammer talk about the GOV offense, I'm shocked they aren't putting up huge numbers. I was thinking this was the second coming of 2007.

The mercy rule in football IS A JOKE.  No one has time to put anyone in.  The clock was running after a TD was scored for goodness sake.  Then I love it when the officials confer for 2 minutes about something and the clock just keeps on ticking.  So what if a team loses 66-0 versus 45-7.  It is still a beatdown.  I thought the game was "for the kids."  It is very hard to reach a 35 point lead in basketball.  It is not in football.  It needs to be 49 minimum.  Parents pay money to see their kids play in the second half of blowouts.  The only people who like the mercy rule are the officials.  TSSAA needs to rethink this. 

And as far as Friday night's contest, the athleticism of Alcoa is remarkable.  Easy 14-1 State championship with their only loss to, of course, Maryville.  Same ole story...different year.

BORING..........If NCAA football was like Tennessee High School football, not many people would care to watch.  Same teams in state championship every year.  Absolutely NO PARITY.  It reminds me of NCAA Women's Basketball in the 1980's.  Every game was predictable.

I have to go because lunch is over but I am going to start a different thread discussing this tonight.  A possible solution to make high school football more entertaining.

And, for the record, Alcoa could beat Loudon 242-0 if they wanted.  These two teams should not be playing.  That is dumb.

The mercy rule in football IS A JOKE.  No one has time to put anyone in.  The clock was running after a TD was scored for goodness sake.  Then I love it when the officials confer for 2 minutes about something and the clock just keeps on ticking.  So what if a team loses 66-0 versus 45-7.  It is still a beatdown.  I thought the game was "for the kids."  It is very hard to reach a 35 point lead in basketball.  It is not in football.  It needs to be 49 minimum.  Parents pay money to see their kids play in the second half of blowouts.  The only people who like the mercy rule are the officials.  TSSAA needs to rethink this. 

And as far as Friday night's contest, the athleticism of Alcoa is remarkable.  Easy 14-1 State championship with their only loss to, of course, Maryville.  Same ole story...different year.

BORING..........If NCAA football was like Tennessee High School football, not many people would care to watch.  Same teams in state championship every year.  Absolutely NO PARITY.  It reminds me of NCAA Women's Basketball in the 1980's.  Every game was predictable.

I have to go because lunch is over but I am going to start a different thread discussing this tonight.  A possible solution to make high school football more entertaining.

And, for the record, Alcoa could beat Loudon 242-0 if they wanted.  These two teams should not be playing.  That is dumb.

Why would Alcoa not choose to play up when they are only challenged once a year?