Tyreke Key Chooses Indiana State

Shozen

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what is amazing to me? A D2 and Low Major education is about 75K to 125K and all anybody talks about is High D1 it seems. This years LMU team could beat half the SEC.

This years 2017 TN class has some ballers. And as far as this thread goes......Tyreke Key just locked up a 105k education room and board. Pretty dang impressive young man. Now go get you some!

What kind of offers does your son have?

What kind of offers does your son have?

Thanks for asking. He has one D2 offer right now and around 8-10 D2 schools looking at him and 6-8 D1 schools. He got his qualifying ACT score and is working hard on maintaining his Core 16 GPA.

He obviously isnt a Rivals 100 guy but he can play at that next level. We are just trusting God that he has the right path for him laid out. Connor has told all schools he will wait and be an April signee so that will natuarally delay some offers. I hope you understood my post about T Key. It was positive. These young men have so much pressure and expectations on them. I just hope people support all the Keys and Slims of the world and help them celebrate in their accomplishments. It really is special at any level.

Good luck to you and your team!

E

Edited by 12thmanGCA

You know what is amazing to me? A D2 and Low Major education is about 75K to 125K and all anybody talks about is High D1 it seems. This years LMU team could beat half the SEC.

This years 2017 TN class has some ballers. And as far as this thread goes......Tyreke Key just locked up a 105k education room and board. Pretty dang impressive young man. Now go get you some!

Your absolutely right about the quality of the D2s. I coach in the Rocky Top league and I would say 4 or 5 LMU players, 2 King players and Devin Schmidt were better than most of the D1 guys there. Fans, parents and some players have the illusion that they are SO much better than the D2 level but in reality wouldn't see the floor at LMU.

The bottom line is find a place where you can play early and be successful PLUS take advantage of a great educational opportunity!

Edited by IrishBBall

• 1 month later...

Im torn on this, but if were gonna say SMU is mid major so is Memphis. I wouldn't consider Vandy a mid major and turn around and call LSU a high major. Same conference same level. When i hear mid major i picture schools such as Portland, Pacific, Murray St, Indiana St and schools of that level. Plus Douglas had offers from FSU, Marquette, ND, Memphis, TCU Ole Miss etc. so choosing a mid major wouldn't be the outcome. With a offer sheet of his and how heavy coaches were visiting him over the last 2 months its still shocking that he chose SMU as the front runner I must say. But they have won 25 games 3 years in a row so maybe he was sold on the environment and the direction they are headed after Larry Brown. I guess we also have to look at the fact of the success he has had at a school that isn't known for putting out D1 Bball talent so maybe he wanted to follow a similar mold on the next level.

SMU is on the map these days

Brown has done a great job there

Brown is no longer the coach he resigned last year after the recruiting allegations on a situation that he couldn't avoid just about. The coach now is Tim Jankovich who comes from under the bill self tree and was the coach in waiting when Brown was there also. 

I know most of us have watched the NCAA  tourney these past few years and there is a lot of noise being made by "Mid Major" conferences.  Whichita State is one name that jumps off the page and ISU plays in that same conference.  Look at Gonzaga year in and year out.  ISU got a steal in Tyreke Key, and I for one can't wait to watch this kid play against that level of competition. 

I know most of us have watched the NCAA  tourney these past few years and there is a lot of noise being made by "Mid Major" conferences.  Whichita State is one name that jumps off the page and ISU plays in that same conference.  Look at Gonzaga year in and year out.  ISU got a steal in Tyreke Key, and I for one can't wait to watch this kid play against that level of competition. 

Couldn't agree with you more. ISU got another 'steal' a few years ago when a blonde curly headed boy from that state decided that a major school's campus was to big for him!

Couldn't agree with you more. ISU got another 'steal' a few years ago when a blonde curly headed boy from that state decided that a major school's campus was to big for him!

Correct, Larry Bird signed with Indiana but got homesick and transferred to Indiana State. Bobby Knight recognized his talent in high school and gave him a scholarship so it wasn't like he completely flew under the radar. Edited by Norman Dale