Tyreke Key Chooses Indiana State

Shozen

Correct, Larry Bird signed with Indiana but got homesick and transferred to Indiana State. Bobby Knight recognized his talent in high school and gave him a scholarship so it wasn't like he completely flew under the radar.

Almost everyone who was not familiar with teams in the southern part of the state was wondering who the heck he was, when he was picked for the Indiana allstar team his senior year.

Edited by rabbitranch

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe some of thee kid should consider some of the Power 5 Heavyweight programs steeped in rich basketball tradition the likes of.... VA Tech, Clempson, Rutgers, Penn ST,  Nebraska,  TCU, Washington ST, Oregon ST and the likes.

Now if a kid is pulling in offers like that I would say he is BIG TIME...these type of High Major programs would truly speak to the measure of a kids true talent...forget all the Mid Major BS. I mean if you aren't getting offers from the type of programs I mentioned you just ain't really a major prospect. These programs are just a shade below the Blue Bloods of college hoops.

Carry on.

Edited by yankees8589

Maybe some of thee kid should consider some of the Power 5 Heavyweight programs steeped in rich basketball tradition the likes of.... VA Tech, Clempson, Rutgers, Penn ST,  Nebraska,  TCU, Washington ST, Oregon ST and the likes.

Now if a kid is pulling in offers like that I would say he is BIG TIME...these type of High Major programs would truly speak to the measure of a kids true talent...forget all the Mid Major BS. I mean if you aren't getting offers from the type of programs I mentioned you just ain't really a major prospect. These programs are just a shade below the Blue Bloods of college hoops.

Carry on.

Since when has any of these made any noise in the NCAA tournament?  Whichita State's program is much better than any of these as is Gonzaga's, St. Mary's, Dayton, and Butler.  

The programs you talked about aren't even in the conversation let alone a shade below the Blue Bloods.  

Carry on ....

Thanks for asking. He has one D2 offer right now and around 8-10 D2 schools looking at him and 6-8 D1 schools. He got his qualifying ACT score and is working hard on maintaining his Core 16 GPA.

He obviously isnt a Rivals 100 guy but he can play at that next level. We are just trusting God that he has the right path for him laid out. Connor has told all schools he will wait and be an April signee so that will natuarally delay some offers. I hope you understood my post about T Key. It was positive. These young men have so much pressure and expectations on them. I just hope people support all the Keys and Slims of the world and help them celebrate in their accomplishments. It really is special at any level.

Good luck to you and your team!

E

We (Mitchell) played against him two years ago in the state. He started out killing us and coach had to call time and devise a game plan to stop him. Jeremiah Martin who won Mr. Basketball the next year and now is

the starting pg at Memphis said he had to work extremely hard to stop Connor.

You know what is amazing to me? A D2 and Low Major education is about 75K to 125K and all anybody talks about is High D1 it seems. This years LMU team could beat half the SEC.

This years 2017 TN class has some ballers. And as far as this thread goes......Tyreke Key just locked up a 105k education room and board. Pretty dang impressive young man. Now go get you some!

Let's face it, Most kids are not going to be playing basketball for a living.  Most that do whether in the league or overseas are still going to have to have a career afterwards.  Basketball has "used" a lot of these kids up to this point and now the smart kid will "use" basketball for a free $150K education that can create  a career after basketball whether D1, D2, Power5, Mid Major, etc...  Find a place where you fit and GO GET YOURS! (points and an education)

• 2 weeks later...