District 4-A

kazam37

For the first time that I can remember.....each of these four games can be won by either team.  I would think Coalfield has the steepest hill to climb because Meigs is playing pretty well right now.  Both of the 2 vs. 3 match ups are going to be decided by whoever brings the most grit to the floor.  Sunbright getting to play at home should help them a little, but GCA has some experience and that could go a long way in a hostile environment.  Oneida has been to TP in years past and has been able to handle the challenge.  This group needs to start getting after it....they have the pieces to make a run.  Wartburg may find Greenback to be a pest.  I can say the GB win over Oneida was probably as bad as Oneida played all year....they were just not ready to play that day.  Hopefully everyone realizes they don't have the luxury of taking any more days off or your going to get beat.

My guess:

Meigs Co. over Coalfield by 11

Wartburg over Greenback by 10

Oneida over TP by 7

GCA over Sunbright by 2

Kazzy

P.S.  I hope all our district teams win their game....I am rooting for them all.....!

If I am right with the outcomes, then each district will have a representative in the region title game. 

The GCA-Sunbright game is giving me the weirdest vibe, because I thought Sunbright did a very good job against a good Oneida Team and I won't be surprised if they beat GCA and prove my prediction wrong.  GCA has been in several regions over the last few seasons and it is just hard to gauge how Sunbright will react to getting their feet wet for the first time.  All that being said, I am whole heartedly rooting for the Lady Tigers to win that one....!

Anyone got anything to post on the other region's teams.  How is TP?  Haven't seen Meig's, TP, or GCA this year, but most accounts have them all not being as strong as their last team?  Does anyone even care or is the gag rule in effect....?  lol

Kazoo

Meigs is the cream, Tellico is a very rough, athletic team with 1 really good player, she can play. Greenback is small but quick again the lefty is really good getting to the basket, GCA shows up at district tourney with 2 new players, haven't seen them yet but 1 is pushing 5-10, maybe bigger. They were the smallest of the bunch with quick guards and no post presence at all. They showed up for the greenback game and throttled a pretty good GB team so there you go. There won't be any runaways unless CF comes out flat. Good luck to all but 3A should prevail(I hope). As long as GCA loses I really don't care. Go Sunbright!

NMS......hey....there is life on the planet CoachT....!  How you think Oneida-TP will go?  I can not get my head around them losing to Rockwood twice, because I have seen the Tigers and they are not very good IMO.  Heck, there are several teams with head scratching outcomes this year (Oneida losing to GB)(complete disappearance)  Oneida beating Clarkrange?  again....where in the heck did that come from?  Does the fact that the Lady Indians have beaten Coalfield by double digits all three times play into TP's heads?  Wanting that Monday game in the worst way to happen with a win going in to get the momentum flowing again.

Kazar

Defensively Oneida is very strong....I'm sure they will throw multiple players at TP's strongest player.  They also can shoot the 3 ball, with any one of several players......I believe they have as many as 9 players with at least one 3 this year.  They are pretty good around the rim too.  They have plenty of excellent players just no superstar....any on of them can get hot.

Kaz