Class A Sectionals

Shozen

• 4 weeks later...

Coach T strength of schedule does not even count 5 teams on GCA schedule. Don't forget at Christmas we were the only non 5A-6A team in the Moritz classic in Ft Worth Texas. We finished 6th out of 16 teams and almost made final four except that our point guard Gettlefinger fractured his Tibia in Game 1. We played Games 2-4 without him. One Texas Coach said Ledford and Arnold were the best 1-2 he had seen all season. Both made all tournament team.

Also the 5th game was in the Clem Haskins classic in KY in January against the KY State runner up and they only had us by 7 when Arnold fouled out with 4mins left in the game.

We lost to Independence after leading the whole game. WE screwed the pooch the last 3 minutes with some really dumb basketball and turnovers and lost by just a few. Then the next day we spanked Oakland for 3 quarters only to do the same thing but we held on to win that one.

We are own worst enemy. In fact, I don't fear any team in single "A" ball more than I fear the "DUMB, TURNOVER PRONE, LAZY REBOUNDING, and SELFISH SHOOTING Version of 2017 GCA" and that one shows up a lot. Especially when the crowed is loud and large.

But we have this other version......when it shows up with UNSELFISH Teamwork, Crisp Passing, hard working boards, and awesome shooting with good shot selection.......well ask CAK, Independence, Oakland, Catholic, Webb, Wartburg, Harriman, Meigs Co, and few others in Texas and Kentucky how good that one is. Pretty Good is the Answer.........

So, will we beat Hampton and have chance to prove we belong? I don't know, but I will let you know around 9pm Monday night.

All we have to do is RISE UP to the occasion and DO WHAT WE CAN DO......