Class A Sectionals

Shozen

On the last play? There's video of it online. I'd call that a good no call that the home team sometimes gets. Initially, there was no contact, then McClain actually pushed off on Yonkers before getting the ball back. On the 2nd attempt, there was some body contact with Arnold after he let it go, but from what I could see online all night, they mostly let both sides play...the way it should be.

Oh Good nice post! I will say Hampton pushes and pokes alot. I felt like the refs did pretty good. The worse call all night helped us. Ledford got the NBA and one 😂😂😂😂 in the first half

Doesn't seem like there were any close games tonight besides Hampton and GCA. Everybody thought VB and Pickett would be close but VB won by 27 congrats to all winners tonight.

This one suprised me - disappointed Picket didnt give as good a game but we got Van Burened last year so you know props to them they made it back

Oh Good nice post! I will say Hampton pushes and pokes alot. I felt like the refs did pretty good. The worse call all night helped us. Ledford got the NBA and one in the first half

That one was really bad  but overall the game was called pretty good. Like you,I was too far away to see what happened at the end.Hampton had a couple of huge turnovers near the end of the game,those 2 hurt really bad. You guys deserved the win. This was one of the best games I;ve ever attended.

I'm not going to complain about the no call, but I highly doubt you would have agreed with it had it been your term, that's just the nature of most fans

I do try to be objective and mostly just want the calls to be consistent for both teams and thru the entire game. I haven't watched too many games this year, but from what I could see streaming online (to my TV), I felt that was about the best called game I've seen.

On a side note, I'm glad Grace and Hampton won't be in the same division next year and I won't have to worry about mixed loyalty. Considering how much of my time and energy growing up went into either that gym or the old HES gym, I don't really like Hampton described as not my team.

Oh Good nice post! I will say Hampton pushes and pokes alot. I felt like the refs did pretty good. The worse call all night helped us. Ledford got the NBA and one in the first half

That wouldn't have been a continuation even in the NBA! LOL

Edited by uknoit2

Well yea you had a better angle than I did. So I cant argue the call. I was 40ft behind the play. Still a great game.

It was a dandy! 

That one was really bad  but overall the game was called pretty good. Like you,I was too far away to see what happened at the end.Hampton had a couple of huge turnovers near the end of the game,those 2 hurt really bad. You guys deserved the win. This was one of the best games I;ve ever attended.

Yea, those turnovers and losing track of that darn Arnold kid was butt kickers 

Note to self: UCsportsfan said Clay would beat us by 20+ last year..."Hampton has nothing for Key...Clay is on another level".

My boy was off the entire tournament and still matched Key's stats in that game... and a great last second shot from McClain sent us to OT and the W.

Key is spectacular and Clay is well coached...But never dismiss a East team the likes of Hampton, Harriman or GCA.

Sportsfan is a class act, he just doesn't like us east teams too much Lol

That was a great game! Thought Clay had it won but give credit where it's due you guys made the plays at the end!

This one suprised me - disappointed Picket didnt give as good a game but we got Van Burened last year so you know props to them they made it back

Van Buren has a really solid team at home. They are tough to beat in that gym but get them away from there and they are just average. They've got a really good player in Mills and some good role players around him. This was one of those games where the home team was going to win. Had this game been played at Pickett I have no doubt they would have won. Now this is the last year Van Buren gets a cupcake walk to host a substate game. They move into district 7A's region next year where every game will be tough.

It was a dandy! 

Yea, those turnovers and losing track of that darn Arnold kid was butt kickers 

We played great nearly the whole game,had just a few mental mistakes. I never once got the impression that we were the better team. We did a great job to stay in the game and have a shot to win it in the end. I was really proud of our team.