Class A Sectionals

Shozen

Tough game for anyone to lose tonight. Both teams played their guts out. The atmosphere was unreal as usual. If you haven't seen a sub-state game at Hampton they you just wouldn't understand. It is the best bball environment. What a gem Vanhuss-White gymnasium is! Congrats Hampton on another regional title and battling down to the last second. Congrats Grace. Not many teams can say they came to Hampton and won a sub-state game. Good luck in Murfreesboro.

To all the seniors, you made everyone proud to be a bulldog. Nothing to hang your heads about. You are all winners.

Class Act dogtruth. Much appreciated and I can assure anyone reading that his words are "dogtruth". That place is like none other in a substate game. The 1 and only game I will ever experience at Hampton was the 2014 Substate game. It was crazy, annoying, LOUD, obnoxious, scary and LOUD again. You guys have something very special in that gym. I encourage you guys to get the troops out every game and not just the substate game.

Class Act dogtruth. Much appreciated and I can assure anyone reading that his words are "dogtruth". That place is like none other in a substate game. The 1 and only game I will ever experience at Hampton was the 2014 Substate game. It was crazy, annoying, LOUD, obnoxious, scary and LOUD again. You guys have something very special in that gym. I encourage you guys to get the troops out every game and not just the substate game.

Thanks Pride. I may be wrong but from previous posts I think you are Arnold's dad. If so, I know you are extremely proud of that young man. He was very impressive tonight. He made big shot after big shot. The cream of the crop usually rises in games like tonight and he definitely rose to the challenge tonight. 

Thanks Pride. I may be wrong but from previous posts I think you are Arnold's dad. If so, I know you are extremely proud of that young man. He was very impressive tonight. He made big shot after big shot. The cream of the crop usually rises in games like tonight and he definitely rose to the challenge tonight.

I'm sure his dad, 12thMan, will appreciate your kind words. That young man has been a great asset to the student body at GCA since his arrival in middle school.

I'm not his father, just a thorn in the side of Uknoit and pujo.

I'm sure his dad, 12thMan, will appreciate your kind words. That young man has been a great asset to the student body at GCA since his arrival in middle school.

I'm not his father, just a thorn in the side of Uknoit and pujo.

My memory is fading in my "old" age LOL.  My apologies to 12thMan. Uknoit and Pujo are great fellers as I am sure you are. In the grand scheme of things, we are all brothers who enjoy great competition. 

That was 4 qtrs of competition.

Kept a 12 point lead for much of the 2nd qtr, went into half with a 1 point lead.

Got back up again and lost Arnold too often and he made us pay.

Arnold misses front end of 1 and 1 giving us the chance to win by 1 with 9 seconds to go.

Was a heck of a game, just didn't go our way.

Feel for the seniors

Choke....spit... lol my wife would LOL 😂 no I am Connors Dad but pride is his Uncle in Love

Edited by 12thmanGCA

So Arnold misses the front end of 1+1, then Hampton misses 2 put backs? I think that is what I gathered from the broadcast?

That's a big time front end of a 1+1 to miss.

Well he di hit the winning basket at .27 on tje clock

I Agree on the misses it was tough but he is like 87% on the year and he did have like 27 tonight. I think he was 7/9 from 3, He was gassed but what you missed was he sprinted down the floor and blocked it with 2 secs left to seal after Yonkers blocked one with 4 secs. They were not misses they were defensive gems!

But my MVP tonight or at least Co MVP was bench-man Benjamin Connor - he was the man on the post boards and D

Great team win