Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Maplewood vs Knoxville Catholic State Championship

• Please log in to reply
    27 replies to this topic

#1 thenextone

thenextone

Trainer

• Members
    • 151 posts

Posted A week ago

Who comes out on top?

#2 orngnblk

orngnblk

Most Valuable Player

• CoachT+
    • 8,958 posts

Posted A week ago

Who comes out on top?

KCHS

#3 Shozen

Shozen

Competitor

• Members
    • 489 posts

Posted A week ago

I can't doubt Knox Catholic but I would expect it to be a great game. KC by 7.

#4 IrishBBall

IrishBBall

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,971 posts

Posted A week ago

I can't doubt Knox Catholic but I would expect it to be a great game. KC by 7.

Seeing the light!

Edited by IrishBBall, A week ago.

#5 Shozen

Shozen

Competitor

• Members
    • 489 posts

Posted A week ago

Seeing the light!

I have picked you guys every round... I was only jokinng when I said MC in an upset I did expect it to be closer. Never doubted Luke Smith. He is a player like Key. I like our chances a lot more with them than against them.

Edited by Shozen, A week ago.

#6 thenextone

thenextone

Trainer

• Members
    • 151 posts

Posted A week ago

I'm gonna say Bo is the difference maker and pick Maplewood by 3

#7 NeWbLuE

NeWbLuE

Contender

• Members
    • 965 posts

Posted A week ago

guess it was luck of the Irish on St patricks day.... Crazy crazy.

Nobody is talking about the half court heave at the buzzer to take Whites Creek out.

I have Maplewood in this one. It will take more than luck to win this one, and that shot was lucky.

Hoping for a Creek and Maplewood final.   ehhh oh well.

This will be a good one

"DON'T GIVE UP....DON'T EVER GIVE UP"........Coach Jimmy V .

The "V" Foundation for the cure of Cancer.

#8 IrishBBall

IrishBBall

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,971 posts

Posted A week ago

Irish are battle tested and ready. Bo Hodges is an impressive player but I don't think one guy can beat a TEAM. They truly have a team first attitude and it all starts with Luke Smith. Four different guys have led them in scoring this season. At one point in the Macon County game we had 4 guys with 11 pts and another with 6. Should be a great game!

#9 QSouth89

QSouth89

Record Holder

• Members
    • 3,372 posts

Posted A week ago

I'm gonna say Bo is the difference maker and pick Maplewood by 3

Littke known fact, Catholic's seniors (TN Vision) have been playing against Bo Hodges (TN Legends) and a few more recognizable faces from the state tournament (Team Nashville, TN Fury & the Nashville Celtics) in AAU since they were in 5th grade. I know some peoples feelings about AAU but there are some actual teams out there who do it to prepare kids for competition and the next level and not for a college job, money or a $12 trophy. Guys like Mike Dobson, Geraud Hall, Jay Heyward, Jazz Kimber, Scott Oatsvall and Timbo Hodges were trying to get their kids ready for the next level and played against powerhouse teams from Charlotte, Memphis, Atlanta, Miami, Louisville etc. I'm excited for all of these young men and how they've developed over the years, especially the Irish. Coach Hutchens played these seniors as freshmen (starting 4 of them most or part of that year) and weathered a 9-20 season and it paid off for them. Battle tested indeed and they won't be intimated. Wonderful atmosphere yesterday and expecting nothing less today. Good luck to both teams this afternoon. Being an ETSU alumni, I hope Bo Hodges has a very successful career for the Bucs but an off night on Saturday (lol).

Edited by QSouth89, A week ago.

#10 FBfan26

FBfan26

Medalist

• Members
    • 1,950 posts

Posted A week ago

Happy to see a metro team in there. I'm mad that whites creek got put of by luck but hey it is what it is. Good luck Wood.

Spirit Style Chooser: