Class A AP Poll

bob77

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Union City's defense, they have played a fairly tough out of district schedule. You got to take into consideration, Westview is usually MUCH better than they started out the season. Westview is still a good win for Union City. They also went TO Paducah Tilghman the other night and was able to beat them. They also beat Livingston over in the Hickman tournament. They have played a tougher schedule than Gibson.

GC my old friend i have seen the future of Class A basketball for the next 4 years and she resides in Clarkrange. This young lady is special, if she isn't 6'4 she is close to it and she is very talented. I heard she played on the freshman AAU team for the national champion team and she was the starting center on it. She is surrounded by talent and while i do believe this year, teams like Jackson County and Union City have a chance to beat them, after this year its over. I know you guys are suppose to be good but i have seen my share of players before and there are only a few that are truly special like JayCee Coe, Laken Leonard, Andrea Davidson, Brandy Brown etc... and this young lady is going to be that kind of special. I predict she will sign with an SEC team before her career is over and that kind of talent in Class A is rare. If you come to the state tournament you'll see what i'm talking about.

GC my old friend i have seen the future of Class A basketball for the next 4 years and she resides in Clarkrange. This young lady is special, if she isn't 6'4 she is close to it and she is very talented. I heard she played on the freshman AAU team for the national champion team and she was the starting center on it. She is surrounded by talent and while i do believe this year, teams like Jackson County and Union City have a chance to beat them, after this year its over. I know you guys are suppose to be good but i have seen my share of players before and there are only a few that are truly special like JayCee Coe, Laken Leonard, Andrea Davidson, Brandy Brown etc... and this young lady is going to be that kind of special. I predict she will sign with an SEC team before her career is over and that kind of talent in Class A is rare. If you come to the state tournament you'll see what i'm talking about.

Interesting.... We have a stud post player in the work too, not 6'4, but very good right now as a Freshman(Justyce White). Not saying she is on the level of the Clarkrange girl, but she's going to be a stud for the next 4 years. We have some good freshman coming in next year and then our 7th grade class looks verrrry strong as well. Not in any way saying we are a state champion every year, but hopefully we can grab 1 or 2 gold balls over the next several years. I would really like to see this area get stronger in Single A but I'm not so sure. Beating teams regularly by 30-40 points isn't fun to watch. I'd like to see us get some games with Jackson Co. and Clakrange over the next couple of years, but it all depends on if both sides are willing to travel.

Yes Jackson co. did but most everyone thinks Clarkrange is even stronger than Jackson Co. I doubt Union City would be unbeaten if they played the schudules most 7A teams do. We will see tonight who wins...(JC or Clarkrange). If Union City wins the state I will be on here to congratulate them on doing something which doesn't happen often...7A not winning it. State Champions: Jackson Co. 2013, Clay Co. 2012, Jackson Co. 2010, Clarkrange 2009,  Jackson Co. over Clarkrange by 1 point 2008,  Forrest over Jackson by 1 in 2006,  Clarkrange 2004, Celina (Clay Co.) 2nd in 2002, and Jackson Co. won 4 in a row in AA  (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003). I have no doubt Union City is good but not the best. And, next year and the year after Pickett Co. will be very strong too...they have only lost to JC, Clarkrange, AAA Warren Co. & Livingston (AA power).

Pickett County will be OK the next couple years but won't hold a candle to Clarkrange or Jackson County. Coaching and team attitude will be the primary reasons. Buck is a great shooter and player.

As for this year JC and Clarkrange dominated them in the first meetings and will the next time as well. LA did not start the season well and struggled at PC. This time LA dominated the game from tip to finish.

PC is the 3rd best team their district and region FWIW.

In Union City's defense, they have played a fairly tough out of district schedule. You got to take into consideration, Westview is usually MUCH better than they started out the season. Westview is still a good win for Union City. They also went TO Paducah Tilghman the other night and was able to beat them. They also beat Livingston over in the Hickman tournament. They have played a tougher schedule than Gibson.

UC has played a tough non-district schedule. They are for real and I would be shocked if they don't make it to the Boro. I believe GC will be there too. On the hill, anything goes, but I expect to see the familiar names of JC, CR, etc. I'll be there watching...very impressed with both teams and GC has a very bright future.