Alcoa and Liberty 3A Championship Game

hogman49

28-21 Alcoa wins.....this might be the best game of the weekend in Cookeville. Goons coming early to enjoys Ralph's and going after the game to Crawl Daddy's? I will suggest if you get a chance to try out Father Toms pub....great place to get a cold one.

Only way Alcoa gives up 21 is if the Tornado offense puts up 49-56 points and defense subs early....Go Tornadoes! 🌪🌪🌪

Only way Alcoa gives up 21 is if the Tornado offense puts up 49-56 points and defense subs early....Go Tornadoes! 🌪🌪🌪

#18, #20 & #13 are Liberty's play makers.

The best plan for Alcoa maybe to go power run game. Pound the rock for the first 2 qtrs and wear down all the Liberty players going both ways. Not much depth. The key playmakers play both ways.

Alcoa defense needs to slow LT speed to the edge. Put a spy on #13....he like to keep the ball to the last second and try a find a seam. Take your eye off him..he's gone.

Alcoa wears them down and controls the LOS in the 3rd and 4th qtr.

Edited by BCsportsfan

The best plan for Alcoa maybe to go power run game. Pound the rock for the first 2 qtrs and wear down all the Liberty players going both ways. Not much depth. The key playmakers play both ways.

Alcoa defense needs to slow LT speed to the edge. Put a spy on #13....he like to keep the ball to the last second and try a find a seam. Take your eye off him..he's gone.

Run, run, run and run some more. Like I said, #30 will be busy! 🌪🌪🌪🌪

I would say that's a fair enough scouting report and gameplan

What kind of mess is this?You all have gotten into our playbook and took our dang game plan now that Rang man will know our secrets!(does sound a lot like what we will do)LOL!

I'm curious how big the gap really is...I think the spread using Laz's numbers puts it at 10...in 2015 it was around a FG

I think we're going to give you a better game than most are expecting...I also think that the physicality is very difficult to pick up on film...surviving the first quarter without digging our own grave that early is key

Of course I want Liberty to win, but a loss to Alcoa in the state championship is not a program killer, I think it will have the opposite effect with the talent in Madison County, very similar to the flooding that came with our basketball program 10 years ago