Does anyone remember Nathan Aaron and John Crouch?

bigbobcat

Nathan Aaron was the BEST that ever came out of Pickett County!!! He scored over 3,300 points in his HS career! He was the leading scorer that ever came out of PC.

John Crouch had over 2,400 points in his HS career (if my memory serves me correctly)!!

They played together for PC, with Nathan scoring avg. of 30+ per game, and John 20+ per game!

But, we can not forget Joseph Ammonett either. He scored over 3,000 points in his HS career @ PC.

They were the true stars that ever came out of PC! I f anyone would like specifics for those days, ask Bobcatfan300. He has the stats.

Nathan Aaron was also Valadictorian of his class, that young man had True Class!

The Bobcats made it to the state more than once during Nathan and John's career, but they did not bring home the gold. They were fortunate enough to bring it home during Joseph's HS career.

We could never forget the best that ever came out of PC! thumb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathan Aaron was the BEST that ever came out of Pickett County!!! He scored over 3,300 points in his HS career! He was the leading scorer that ever came out of PC.

John Crouch had over 2,400 points in his HS career (if my memory serves me correctly)!!

They played together for PC, with Nathan scoring avg. of 30+ per game, and John 20+ per game!

But, we can not forget Joseph Ammonett either. He scored over 3,000 points in his HS career @ PC.

They were the true stars that ever came out of PC! I f anyone would like specifics for those days, ask Bobcatfan300. He has the stats.

Nathan Aaron was also Valadictorian of his class, that young man had True Class!

The Bobcats made it to the state more than once during Nathan and John's career, but they did not bring home the gold. They were fortunate enough to bring it home during Joseph's HS career.

We could never forget the best that ever came out of PC! thumb

825621387[/snapback]

Go to the photo gallorie for the Mar. 14, 2001 game of PC and Ezell-Harding. Nathan shooting the buzzer-beater! John was right there too. There are some awesome photos for back then! Not only for PC, but other schools. But.....

don't forget to look up Nathan and John!!

Go to the photo gallorie for the Mar. 14, 2001 game of PC and Ezell-Harding. Nathan shooting the buzzer-beater! John was right there too. There are some awesome photos for back then! Not only for PC, but other schools. But.....

don't forget to look up Nathan and John!!

825621395[/snapback]

Forgive me, I did not spell "gallery" correctly. :blink:

Pickett Co. has had some great players come out of that little school.  Its amazing how good the kids are up there year after year.  thumb

825621422[/snapback]

I too am amazed how PC has good players year after year. They have had a good team for about 15 years now. bigbobcat, don't forget Eugene Parris, Eric Mitchell, two former Mr. Basketball. They were good. Nathan Aaron actually had 3003 points. Alot of people don't realize that his senior year, PC had two great players transfer schools. Adam and Allen Asberry. Adam was a hoss, could dunk and shoot the three. When Adam transferred he lead Upperman to a state tournament appearance that year. When Adam Asberry, John Crouch, Nathan Aaron were juniors, that team only lose two games, 30-2, I believe. So if the Asberry's would have stayed they would have been hard to beat. Anyway, congrats to PC this year.

You my friend, are full of crap.

The best player to ever come out of Pickett Co. was Joseph Amonett. Mr. Basketball and he did something Crouch and Aaron couldn't do.

Won a state championship.

Crouch, Aaron, and the Asberrys were all a bunch of underachieving whining babies.

And what buzzer beater was hit against Ezell? Before the half? You lost that game.

The best player to ever come out of Pickett Co. was Joseph Amonett. Mr. Basketball and he did something Crouch and Aaron couldn't do.

Crouch, Aaron, and the Asberrys were all a bunch of underachieving whining babies.

And what buzzer beater was hit against Ezell? Before the half? You lost that game.

825621675[/snapback]

Real go eagles...who pulled your chain! Do you only come around when Ezell is winning, because you have been quiet for a couple of years. Good to hear the recruiting class has gotten better...

825621675[/snapback]

Real go eagles...who pulled your chain! Do you only come around when Ezell is winning, because you have been quiet for a couple of years. Good to hear the recruiting class has gotten better...

825621675[/snapback]

Aaron, Crouch, and Asberrys were NOT a bunch of underachieving whining babies. That was Ezell from 2000, 2001 team, when they should have won the state during the 2000 year but underachieved. The PC boys played with heart but just could not get it done.

That was a great bunch and that Ezell comment was typical of the attitude at that school. They came to Pickett in '96 for a substate, acting rude, turning their backs when the Pickett players were introduced...they left VERY quiet after Pickett blew them out of the gym. That team with Nathan & John, etc. would have been even better, with Adam Asberry and you have forgotten Jason Gibson would have been with them too if he hadn't moved to Albany, KY. No one could have beaten that team if they had all been together. But, Joseph Amonett was the best ever at Pickett...out of a lot of great players. Look at the records he still has in the state record book. I was talking with a gentleman before the game who'd been going for 46 years...when I said Pickett Co. he immediately brought up Joseph and said he was one of the best players he ever saw...and in 46 years at the state tournament that must have been a lot of players.

Well, I was around when Andy, Adam, Allen, and Amanda Asberry's father played. I just wonder how many points Steve Asberry would have had if they had had the three point shot. Also Jerry Kinchen was a big gun for the Bobcats back in the day. Another one would have been Eugene Parrish's dad, James was a great player. Again back in the day, 1969-76.

Gosh, I must be old to remember these guys! HA HA!

Well, I was around when Andy, Adam, Allen, and Amanda Asberry's father played.  I just wonder how many points Steve Asberry would have had if they had had the three point shot. Also Jerry Kinchen was a big gun for the Bobcats back in the day.  Another one would have been Eugene Parrish's dad, James was a great player.  Again back in the day, 1969-76.

Gosh, I must be old to remember these guys! HA HA!

825622688[/snapback]

You are right DaCoach, my dad played with Jerry Kinchen, he was good. My dad wasn't too bad himself from what I hear. He tells me that he basically got the ball to Jerry.