MOVE IT TO VANDY!

tellicobearfan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally!! A stroke of genius....moving it to VU would be such an imporvement.....and for those of you griping about the benches, you should appreciate the uniqueness of the gym and its surroundings!!

Of course they will never move it to Nashville.....but you can always dream!

You wait and see, in '06 all three events (football, basketball, and spring fling) will be in the Buro area.

825625737[/snapback]

That's EXACTLY where they should be held, IMO--smack dab in the MIDDLE of the state.

I really don't understand WHY TSSAA would even CONSIDER moving those events to a more DE-centralized (less convenient) location.

sadly...the fans cant even fill up MTSU why should they pay for Vandy???

825625644[/snapback]

Exactly...if you're going to move it, move it to Memphis, Chattanooga, or Knoxville. I think part of the problem with attendance is that the Murfreesboro area is too used to having the state tournament and they don't come out to watch it because ho-hum, it's always been there.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO do not move it to Vandy. First of all the benches are at the ends of the court and the court and the court is like elevated. Second of all there is absolutely no light in that place, I don't see how you could see the ball at all. And last but not least, the reason for MTSU being the site is because its central, Vanderbilt University is in Nashville, that's no central.

Is it really that big of a deal that we have to get on here and complain about MTSU the Murphy Center and the staff, and the tournament as a whole can we not just go watch basketball and enjoy it. We complain about the attendance but here is my opinion, most of us on here are true basketball fans so if they played the game in the middle of the street we would all probably go watch so who cares if the gym is half empty you are not there to watch the fans anyway, and as far as the event staff I had no problem with them I just went to my seat and sat there and watched the games so I dont know what the problem is and why all the complaining. We complain about the T$$AA being about money and not about the kids but guess what we are just as bad as they are by complaining about eveything we can think of, the kids had fun and experienced something many athletes never get to experience. So how about we just congratulate the teams and coaches say goodbye to a great season and countdown the days to November 1, 2005 so we can do this thing all over again