Preseason Predictions for Murfreesboro

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

Summer is almost here and that means backyard grills and of course nearly naked women :lol: What it also means is that fall is on the horizon and that with the fall comes another high school football season. This is my favorite time of the year because this is the sport that really makes this state. I want to know who you all like to contend for a state champiosnip this upcoming year in classes 1A-5A and to get it started here are my picks:

1A- Trousdale Co. returns to where they once were #1. They'll soon be again.

2A- A rematch between Alcoa & Huntingdon is expected to take place here.

3A- Knoxville Fulton and Austin East seem to have everyone else playing for #2.

4A- The Hillsboro Burros will return with a vengence after last season.

5A- Is there really a choice here folks??? RIVERDALE WARRIORS= SUCCESS

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
Uh...you may want to rethink 5A....I think there are PLENTY of possibilites  besides RHS.

825633875[/snapback]

Riverdale is always going to be at the top of the list in 5A or at least in the top five. Why would I go against them???

Riverdale will need more than Gaston Miller to repeat.

Oak Ridge has to be a preseason #1. Ooltewah should also be really strong.

Keep a close eye on Gallatin, Ravenwood, Wilson Central, and Cookeville from the mid-state.

The West may be a little more wide open this year. Germantown should be tough.

Dobyns-Bennett probably not as strong as last year but still a solid 9-1 or 10-0 year.

Both OR and Ooltewah are poised to make a strong run. A couple coaches are going to be coming into those loaded programs and expectations will be really high.

As far as the sleeper pick; the rebuilding process seems to be going quite nicely at Oakland but they are probably still a year away. It's pretty rare to be able to get it done without a lot of seniors on the team. It happens, just not everyday. Just think, 8 months from now we'll know how it all played out.

Has Franklin been mentioned yet? They have exceeded expectations the last two years and bring a good core of players back

Riverdale will need more than Gaston Miller to repeat.

Oak Ridge has to be a preseason #1.  Ooltewah should also be really strong.

Keep a close eye on Gallatin, Ravenwood, Wilson Central, and Cookeville from the mid-state.

The West may be a little more wide open this year.  Germantown should be tough.

Dobyns-Bennett probably not as strong as last year but still a solid 9-1 or 10-0 year.

825634291[/snapback]

Riverdale has quite a number of proven players coming back. They have several questions that will have to be answered in the spring but they have four pretty solid college prospects among their skill people. Gaston only averaged 12.4 carries per game during the regular season last year. Obviously he will carry the ball more this fall.

Oak Ridge has a lot of good players coming back but they also lost some good ones, plus the coach. That QB of theirs will be hard to replace. They lost some very good, tough linemen. They are much like Riverdale, very strong at soem of the skill positions but quite a few questions to be answered. A player like Gulmire is the kind of guy you want to rebuild your offense around.

Germantown is my preseason #1 this year.

Cookeville is getting lots of notice...they are loaded...really big and strong.

I actually look for Dobyns-Bennett to be stronger this year. It's going to be a real dogfight in the East if OR and Ooltewah adjust to their coaching changes well.