Preseason Predictions for Murfreesboro

Guest catfish-hunter

My $0.02 worth is:

1A- No Clue Really? 

2A- Alcoa if the key players stay healthy and hungry.  The schdule is tougher this year.

3A- Austin East

4A- Hillsboro may return with vengence only to find Maryville, then, Well you know!

5A- Ooltewah or maybe Lincoln County.  Oak Ridge could be tough and then DB

825638090[/snapback]

Only problem I see with your 5a picks is ALL of them will have to go thru the winner of Region 4 (whoever it is) before they can actually play for the gold ball. I really liked the Oak Ridge team of last year and they may have a chance 'if' they get the coaching situation solved in time. Lincoln County may also be a dark horse 'if' the rumors of the new QB are true and they get their line back up to protect him.

Gonna be a fun season I think though!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad that finally at oakland there is some excitement over there i remember when the crawford bos went to oakland there was a lot off excitement then too things at RIVERDALE are looking good for at least one more year after this year i will be worried i think our talent will drop after this year oh wait havent they been saying that since balckman opened? you can never count out our coaching staff the boys always work hard and find ways to win i think we will win our region and if OR hadnt lost their caoch i would say we are gonna fight them for a chance at the state championship if OR stays in house for a coach it could still be them but nevertheless cant wait til the season starts GO WARRIORS

I am glad that finally at oakland there is some excitement over there i remember when the crawford bos went to oakland there was a lot off excitement then too things at RIVERDALE are looking good for at least one more year after this year i will be worried i think our talent will drop after this year oh wait havent they been saying that since balckman opened? you can never count out our coaching staff the boys always work hard and find ways to win i think we will win our region and if OR hadnt lost their caoch i would say we are gonna fight them for a chance at the state championship if OR stays in house for a coach it could still be them but nevertheless cant wait til the season starts GO WARRIORS

825638299[/snapback]

I think as far as Oakland is concerned there has always been a lot of excitement, but the last few seasons have just down seasons by Oakland standards. Oakland now has the depth and experience to make a deep playoff run and will return just as many in 2006 when they will be a top 5 team in the state

a tennessee football player can't help but assume that melrose, or maryville, or riverdale, or alcoa, and all the other power-houses will win state. This past year i watched the championship games, all of them, from the bleachers. I'm not watching it again from the bleachers.

Red Bank has a shot this year. Yeah, you might not hear too much about them, but here are some stats. RB has a fullback squating 515(425 10 times) pounds and plays outside linebacker. The two other linebackers were all region and both squat 550 lbs. These boys can take state. They will take the region.

How do the Big Red look this year? Will they be part of the first D-II games in the 'Boro?

825638295[/snapback]

Hard to tell at this point, I think they have spring practice later in the semester. They lost a fair amount of seniors so we'll see who steps up.

Or How about this one: Make Riverdale win with their own players, not somebody else's...............

825638523[/snapback]

You are kidding right? you cant name one player that is not ours however i can name a few players that yall hae that played for us but transfered to oakland and even sat a year to do it so get off that own players crap we have the best coaching staff in the state with a lot of kids that work hard to get better THAT is how we win

You are kidding right? you cant name one player that is not ours however i can name a few players that yall hae that played for us but transfered to oakland and even sat a year to do it so get off that own players crap we have the best coaching staff in the state with a lot of kids that work hard to get better THAT is how we win

825638558[/snapback]

no your kidding......try Tamar butler and Chad Hunter....both from blackman. want me to keep on going?