Oakland Football 2005

MidTennFootball

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see the scrimmage against Beech/Oakland, but the remark about whether Beech has a weight room - it does.  However, most of your linebackers and ends are sitting in the stands.  Too much pressure from the football program on the mandatory workouts.  They're playing baseball and basketball instead.  I've had a problem for many years about these mandatory workouts in the summer with these athletes.  Beech, as well as other programs, does not have the luxury of hording its players for one sport only.  If an athlete is playing more than one sport, it doesn't take him too long to catch up when he shifts gears to another sport.  Let a kid play more than one sport without the guilt and punishment trips given to these players.  When you have a program that went 1-9 last season with these strict mandatory "voluntary" workouts, you need to re-assess the problem and figure out a way more kids would want to come out and play.  Dressing out freshmen players as varsity players on Friday nights simply for numbers sake on the sidelines isn't the fix. B)

825637849[/snapback]

Players of ANY sport will benefit from using the weight room. The solution is simple, they just have to have dedication to their sports. Also the mandatory 'PE' class can be 'weight training' so it can be done during their regular class schedule. See it is simple, if they REALLY want to WIN! For instance the 'clone' lifts during his normal PE class as well as in his ROTC class(which takes as much time or more than playing another sport). As for suiting Freshman for Varsity games, it is NOT done here until Freshman football is over and the only ones suiting up are the ones 'asked' to as they will be on the varsity the next year as there would NOT be room on the sidelines for that many folks!

Don't know much about Sumner County lately as I left it when I left a Police Dept over there to become a Federal agent, and that seems like a lifetime ago. As a matter of fact it is almost a normal lifetime ago. B) At least then Gallatin had an AWESOME team. thumb

Lost Old Dad: I totally agree. The weight room can help in every sport and they can move things around during the "P.E." classes to help more. Problem that Beech has had in the past few years (and I'm sure there are other programs out there as well - I'm using them as an example because I know more about it) The summer workouts that the kids have to do before football ever begins - they have X amount of workouts to do or they cut you from the team period. If a kid is playing football, play it during football season. When you shift to basketball season, let the kid finish football and move on over to basketball. When he's done with basketball, move on over to baseball or soccer. The kid is staying in shape because of the workouts he has to do in each sport to stay competitive. I'm not talking about the kids who only play one sport and spend a lot of time inside playing xbox. But the guilt a kid feels because he's come up short from not making his quota of mandatory workouts over the summer - forget the fact that the kid may have a job during all of this - a program is gonna lose out on potentially great players.

Hope you're continuing to keep Sumner County safe! :lol:

Sorry I had been gone for a while :D I know last year when coach Aric was there young men were allowed to miss at least seven work outs including the dead period that is quite a bit of time off B) If you want to win a price has to be payed they pay it at Oakland Riverdale Gallatin Hendersonville, I also know that Coach Aric's summer plan was much less than Gallatin and Hendersonville White House Portland Heck I believe it was even less than westmoreland. So I agree cutting back is better. I know before he left :angry: he had told the parents he was not going to work out until after the dead period was over. Anyone else in Sumner county going to do this. GW80 please know the facts before you make yourself look like an idot. The weight program at Beech was not keeping anyone that wanted to play from playing.

Sorry I had been gone for a while B) I know last year when coach Aric was there young men were allowed to miss at least seven work outs including the dead period that is quite a bit of time off :angry: If you want to win a price has to be payed they pay it at Oakland Riverdale Gallatin Hendersonville, I also know that Coach Aric's summer plan was much less than Gallatin and Hendersonville White House Portland Heck I believe it was even less than westmoreland. So I agree cutting back is better. I know before he left  :D  he had told the parents he was not going to work out until after the dead period was over. Anyone else in Sumner county going to do this. GW80 please know the facts before you make yourself look like an idot. The weight program at Beech was not keeping anyone that wanted to play from playing.

825638825[/snapback]

to be strong u got to pay the price in the weightroom and nobody should miss that much time as he gave them off.

Players getting time 'off' in the summer? :D

The 'ONLY' time that R'dale players get off is during the dead period! Well that is not exactly true, they do get to take time off for Christmas vacation time. Other than that they are working!!!!! They may not be hitting in pads, but they work EVERY day! Now everyone knows 'why' and 'how' they do what they do so well.

THEY WIN!!!!!!!

I keep hearing about giants of 6 foot plus that weigh over 300 pounds. Thing is R'dale has 6 footers that weigh less than 250 that overpower and out speed them consistantly. B) Anybody remember the lines that ALABAMA had under 'Bear' Bryant? They were not big, but they WON!

Dedication and hard work is what it takes to have a winning program in any sport.

Gville 80, I left the Police Deptartment that I worked for in Sumner County the year after my partner was murdered. I went to the Feds then and now carry a badge in Rutherford County.

I look for Oakland to go about 6-4 this year....like Oaklandgrad said.... going from what they had last year to one of best in state is ridiculous...esp without an experienced QB.

825638893[/snapback]

HH, they HAVE an experienced QB this year. Better yet he got his experience at R'dale and has improved since he left. Depending on the other teams in the region, they 'could' win as many as 7 or 8 games.

Car Creek Critter - Before you start calling anyone an idiot, :angry: you better be careful. I am aware of Beech's program more than you realize. You can sit here and argue all day long, but on any given Friday night, you can look up in the stands and ask the question, why aren't these guys playing football up here in the stands? Other schools do, but again I say, Beech doesn't have the luxury of hording players for one sport - the best ones have to be shared with the exception of one upcoming senior this year. B)

Lost Old Dad - So sorry to hear about your partner - that's horrible. I'm certain you're keeping a good watch out for the citizens of Rutherford County. :D

o man who is this demolition man that u speak of?

825638029[/snapback]

Well grateful that you asked oland.......

the one and only DEMOLITION MAN is player extraoridinare RYAN STELL.....

.MLB and #51. He can deliver a lick that will CHOP you straight in HALF. He and the PAIN TRAIN will make names for themselves this year. They will be DEADLY and they will be FEARED.....and coming to run rampant on a field near you....guaranteed folks...........GUARANTEED!

Edited by 2priceless