How are the umphires doing this year?

I_Live_4_Baseball

I must say the upms at most of the games this year have been very inconsistant. They can never settle on a strike zone. At the begining of the game everything away is a strike them late in the game it is something different. The hitters do not know what a strike will be from one at bat to the other. All I want is a consistant strike zone. Don't take the bat out of the guys hands let him hit. And in the field I have seen some odvious calls blown. It goes both way I don't feel my team is getting the wrong end of their call all the time it happens on both sides. SOME CONSISTENCY PLEASE.

:D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree you should play hard and let the umps do their job, an umpire can take the bat out of a batters hands...and one untimely and unfortunate blown call can adversely affect the game. I have a tendency to back the umpires, the police and the military, but the consistency is not there this early in the season.

Edited by Slyder

You show me any person in this world that can get EVERY call right and ill admit your a god. Do the calls seem obviously blown because they arent going your way? Be fair. Not everyone can be perfect. I give my hand to the umpires for enduring coaches and players harassing them. As for strike zones, every umpire has there own. I hate to see them change in the middle of the game also, but they are only human :P

well i agree about the umps being inconsistent i do give them credit for puttin up with coachs fans and players but they have to think about the call they are gonna make we had a game with 2 blown calls the other day and they were both horrible and they both could have costed us the game we still one but one of our players got thrown out of the game

i just started umpiring last year and i ump 12 and 13 year olds. i am also a baseball player. before i started umping i felt the same as most of you do, but once i started doing that i can now easily realize that it isnt as easy as it looks. i know that that is their job and they should do it right, but you gotta give these guys a break. its hard to be 100% consistent throughout a game no matter how good you are. you cant really be giving these guys that tough of a time until youve umpired yourself and realize how hard it really can be.