PLAYERS MISSING GAMES

JOE23

The first question that should be asked is when did they buy the tickets? If they bought them before they were given the schedule, then it is not really their fault. The same goes if the games got moved from a different date, all players have to go off of is what the coach has told them. You can't honestly expect your players to sit tight and do nothing, just because they play soccer, lets be for real this is not the pros. Student-Athlets must be allowed to do what they want during the time that to their knowledge is not scheduled for anything. However, if they knew there were games and they still decided to buy the tickets without the coaches approval, they should be punished.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my opinion, when you become a member of your high school's soccer team, you agree to go to all the games and practices if you can possibly help it. I missed pre-prom events one year because a game was rained out and re-scheduled, but that comes with the commitment you make to your teammates and your coach before season even starts in my opinion. So I say kick em off.

Come on now guys it's MUSIC FEST. Only comes around once a year.

825645451[/snapback]

hey ridgeway-how often do you think gettin noticed by college scouts comes round? specially if you get kicked off a team? is it worth it then? do you think richie grant or clint browne or any other college coach is impressed by ur dedication to music?

I think the best teams are the ones that are committed to the team and each other. That means off season conditioning, attending all practices and games and giving your best effort all the time whether it's spring break, Saturday, prom, whatever. Punishment should be up to the coach and captains to decide. thumb

I think that that is for the captains and the coaches to decide. I mean you can't just not go to games caus you dont want to go. But some people have their reasons. We have a player that misses frequently because he is on the national team and has to go and play like Holland.

I think that that is for the captains and the coaches to decide.  I mean you can't just not go to games caus you dont want to go.  But some people have their reasons.  We have a player that misses frequently because he is on the national team and has to go and play like Holland.

825646899[/snapback]

That is a little different than going and listening to music.

How did that Mexico game turn out, Jorj?

Edited by BigGExpress