Best High School Rivalry Game You Witnessed

mobry

DRDB and the rest of you DB Indians.

I want to apologize for my old teammate BiggieEarl01 and his comments.  I played with BiggieEarl on the 2003 Wildcats.  That was by far the toughest and most exciting game that I had played in (until the next weeks game against Riverdale).  Your fans did not leave the game early, they actually clapped us up and congrats on us a great season.  I myself had several DB fans come up to me and tell me "Go Win State and Represent what 5A football truly means." and we did not dance on your logo.  We had enough class to go to the 30 yard line and celebrate. You have a class act program and no matter how much we hate each other on the field, we are both champions and friends in the end.

Go Indians!

Roll Wildcats Roll!

825659020[/snapback]

who are you , give me your old football number so i will know who u are

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who are you , give me your old football number so i will know who u are

825659410[/snapback]

Don't worry about who I am, I didnt shame you or make you look stupid. I am just apologizing to everyone, because you made Oak Ridge look like a @$$ act program not a class act program.

Just keep in mind that we are among the best in Tennessee and we don't need anything or anyone to give us or our program a bad name

Funny you mentioned when OR played RIVERDALE i was gonna mention that game. i went to OR for that game and let me tell you that was also a great enviroment we were jammed pack in our stands and yall were jammed pack on your side and we had people standing around the fence because there was no where to sit and then turned around this year when yall came to RIVERDALE and the same big crowd and great atmosphere i know it isnt a rivalry but man what a great atmoshpere ...so was the 2003 game at LC

Seymour VS Gatlinburg Pittman. When these two get together, anything can happen. It is as an intense rivalry as there has ever been, as intense as TN VS FLA.

The players, coaches, students, and fans all get really get into this game.

Also, Maryville - Alcoa; Oak Ridge - Farragut;

Some old ones: Seymour VS Porter; South VS Young (Knoxville); Maryville VS Rule

the best short term rivalry this year in region 5-5A was mcgavock vs galatin. last year mcgavock had a horrible head coach and lost 55-6 or some outrageous score, and then found that they had an illegally zoned player on their team and galatin had to forfeit their season. and this year galatin came back and played mcgavock AND LOST. mcgavock stomped the ever loving everything out of galatin.

it was a very good game for mcgavock and their new head coach Arcentae Broome. look for it to be heated up just as much next year WOOT WOOT

825647699[/snapback]

First of all, BigBubba, it is G-A-L-L-A-T-I-N, not galatin.

Second, I hardly call this a rivalary, one win in 50 years.

Third, check out G-A-L-L-A-T-I-N-S last game on the schedule this year. Mcgagvick comes to the WAVE, GREEN WAVE that is. Too bad you will already be out of the playoff picture by then. But good luck anyway.

96 MBA vs BA 2OT playoff game. Tito Lee took it in to win. Unbelievable game.

825647473[/snapback]

Best game ever, except for the fact that we(MBA) lost. FHSRebel is right, it did seem like a rivalry that had been going on forever, even thought it was only the second year we played BA. There was alot of hype surrounding that game i.e. BA being ranked #5 in the nation, BA having tons of D-I prospects, MBA wanting to avenge the '95 loss, game being played at MBA, etc. It seemed like there were 10,000 people there that night in the freezing cold. What an atmosphere! Plus, it was an exciting game for the fans...the way we came back at the end of regulation to tie it, the TD catch by Bartholomew to send it to 2OT, and the TD by Tito.

2003 Oak Ridge Riverdale game at the "SHIP" It had everything that makes a great game great. I mean it was snowing like crazy the wind was howling. I felt like I was at the frozen tundra. Just kidding the field wasnt frozen. I was though.

The thing that made it so great was the snow, the wind, the 8000+ screaming fans and a game that went down to the last 9 seconds with no one knowing what was going to happen. I don't see how it could get much better from a fans perspective.

ROLL CATS ROLL

2003 Oak Ridge Riverdale game at the "SHIP"  It had everything that makes a great game great. I mean it was snowing like crazy the wind was howling. I felt like I was at the frozen tundra. Just kidding the field wasnt frozen. I was though.

The thing that made it so great was the snow, the wind, the 8000+ screaming fans and a  game that went down to the last 9 seconds with no one knowing what was going to happen. I don't see how it could get much better from a fans perspective.

ROLL CATS ROLL

825660900[/snapback]

I still cant believe that dave thomas fumbled the ball when alll we had to do was run the clock out what a great gamelike i said in another post the 2004 game had a great atmosphere also it lost a little lust with a few minutes to go in the half when RVIERDALE started to pull away but the enviroment was great

• 3 months later...

2003 the night before halloween it was a strange night it was warm one minute then a cold wind would blowthe next. the moon was silver and hugh there was really no need for the lights moonlight was enough. it was earily quite then loudon and lenior city took the field and the place rocked for 4 quarters those boys played like there was no tomorrow loudon won that round but it was such a strange night everyone that was there still remembers it