Rockwood Lady Tigers

TigersBball42

I've said all along that the Lady Tigers have the potential to get to Memphis. They, however, have to play hard every day. They played well yesterday against Coalfield, but still made some mistakes. The all freshmen outfield needs to be more aggressive and call off infielders on short fly balls. Also, there was two times yesterday that Rockwood had a runner on second with no outs and they didn't get the run home. Those little things will make a big difference in the district and region tournament.

The thing I like best about Rockwood is they can put together a big inning at any time. Their first six or seven batters have gap power and Candace Gallaher impresses me more every time I watch her.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who exactly are you wanting credit from? Goose covers all of the RC teams well. You don't send your stats to the new sentinel, and there are very few Roane Co. topics on this board. I just get tired of everytime you all win a game in any sport, someone cries -NO RESPECT. Respect from who?? I know the Kingston team thinks you all have a good. The game we played against you all was pretty close. But one win against CAK and Alcoa doesn't mean you need to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Get over your Rodney Dangerfield NO RESPECT complex.

But one win against CAK and Alcoa doesn't mean you need to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

825654779[/snapback]

A win over Alcoa & CAK is not saying alot its not like they are powerhouses in Softball. CAK has been to the State tournament but has never won a game at the State.

A win over Alcoa & CAK is not saying alot its not like they are powerhouses in Softball. CAK has been to the State tournament but has never won a game at the State.

825654799[/snapback]

Question: How many softball teams in east tennessee have been to the state tournament back to back? I think any team that can make it that far deserves some respect.

Alcoa and Rockwood both have good teams this year.

Question:  How many softball teams in east tennessee have been to the state tournament back to back?  I think any team that can make it that far deserves some respect. 

Alcoa and Rockwood both have good teams this year.

825654840[/snapback]

I agree

By no means do i think we or the teams we have played are powerhouses. But we are winning big games regardless of who pitches them. CAK may not have won a game yet in the state tourney but at least they have been there, which is more than you or i either one can say about our respective teams..right jacketsfan? We dont cry no respect everytime we win but alot of what we do does go unnoticed. I know Goose covers the county best he can but he didnt even know we had beaten CAK and Alcoa until we saw him at the Midway game and told him. Anyway enough about it, we will settle it on the field if we win games we prove we are good, if we dont then i guess we got lucky ( since we didnt play their best pitcher).

I've said all along that the Lady Tigers have the potential to get to Memphis. They, however, have to play hard every day. They played well yesterday against Coalfield, but still made some mistakes. The all freshmen outfield needs to be more aggressive and call off infielders on short fly balls. Also, there was two times yesterday that Rockwood had a runner on second with no outs and they didn't get the run home. Those little things will make a big difference in the district and region tournament.

The thing I like best about Rockwood is they can put together a big inning at any time. Their first six or seven batters have gap power and Candace Gallaher impresses me more every time I watch her.

825654253[/snapback]

Hek yeah, Candace Gallaher is ONE of the star players on this team. She has a great stick and some speed!! She did awesome against Coalfield!! I think she actually brought all the runs in..NOT SURE!!..Glad she decided to play for the ROCKWOOD LADY TIGERS!! :P

Yes Goose knew you beat CAK and Alcoa. Sometimes I just become a little sarcastic because I normally know how everybody is doing even when people fuss because I wasn't there.

Right now Rockwood and Kingston are on top in their respective districts. OS is fourth in 4AA, Midway second in 3A and Harriman third in 4A. Next week. Kingston plays LC twice and would wrap up the regular season title with a sweep. Rockwood plays Coalfield Tuesday and all but wrap up the No. 1 seed with a win. The Lady Tigers would still need to beat some of the bottom teams, but they would have to lose at least three games to lose the No. 1 seed if they beat Coalfield. Midway can pull even with CAK for first in District 3A with a win over CAK on Monday. OS is pretty much locked into fourth while Harriman can still finish tied for second with a win over Coalfield and Coalfield losing to Rockwood.

I get aggrevated every now and then when people ask why I wasn't at this game or that game though. I'm usually at games six days a week when it doesn't rain or they play on Wednesday and Saturday. I do, however, usually try to watch in-county games first and then district contests. That's why I don't see a lot of games like Rockwood-Alcoa, Kingston-Sweetwater and games like that. Coaches need to get together a little more when they schedule spring sports because it would be a lot better if Rockwood played OS in both baseball and softball on the same night at the same location. They should really try to do that for county games and district games when possible. Also it would help if more coaches faxed me copies of the book after games, but some coaches don't keep the book with them and stuff like. I really know I could get more in the paper, but some nights we have 10 games being played at 8 or so locations and I can only be at one. Also baseball season and softball season (regular season) only lasts about seven weeks and they play as many or more games as a regular season in basketball although basketball season last 13 weeks and they play their games at the same place.

Oh well, I'll quit my preaching and get back to the subject. I think Rockwood and CAK are the best two teams in Region 2A and they are my picks to represent this area in the substate. However, Midway, Coalfield, Harriman and maybe even Greenback could beat them come tournament time which is why I say that Rockwood has to take it one game at a time and they still have room for improvement, although that improvement is working on a lot of little things because they have a solid foundation already in place. The have solid pitching and I think the addition of Brittany Lawson has really helped Megan Turner, not as much right now, but Megan was worn out by the region tournament last year and she will be much stronger this year. Rockwood also has good speed, some power hitting and a solid defense.

Edited by goosevol

And no matter what anybody says, wins over CAK and Alcoa are impressive. No matter who pitched for Alcoa, they still have a great hitting lineup and Rockwood outhit them. Also Brockmann at CAK is a great pitcher and they hit her pretty good too.

People also must realize that Rockwood scheduled these teams to get ready for the postseason and not necessarily for wins. Facing players like Isham from Kingston, Lewis from Oak Ridge and Brockmann from CAK will help them come tournament time.

First ladytigerfan, you need to get off Goose. He covers the intercounty games so he can cover two teams at once and maybe make to another site in time for another game. It would be ridiculous for him to drive to Alcoa or Sweetwater to cover one team when its not even a district game. If you are complaining now I would hate to see what you would have done 7-8 years ago in the pre-Goose era when spring sports were hardly even in the paper-you could forget about pictures too.

Second I didn't say CAK and Alcoa weren't quality wins. I just said Alcoa is a different team without Hollifield. Besides you still have to get past Midway who played us a heck of a game and almost beat CAK. As to the comment about the state, Kingston has been to the state in softball, obviously not this team, but they have been.

My whole point was quit whining, and I wantedto know who you wanted respect from-obviously Goose. Prove yourself at the end of the season, if you go to state you will get all the respect you deserve. That is when you get respect.

Well jacketsfan...for your information i wasnt on Goose. I know how hard his job must be and he does a great one. This was never about him anyway. And secondly we already got past Midway 4-2 last week. So now we just wait and see what happens at the end of the tourneys. One thing I can assure you of is that we will earn our respect on the field, even though i know we dont play in big ole AA like you, i guess we will have to just do the best we can.

Yes you were on Goose, you said he didn't even know you beat CAK and Alcoa. My question was- who is not giving you respect and you still have not answered that. Also I was referring to you getting past Midway in the region . You all should have gone to the state last year, but you lost to them. I have never said anything about being in "big ol AA". Besides you have my respect. I think you have an excellent young team.