MUS 9 CBHS 6

wavelax1

Which goalie preformed better tonight? Rainer or Taylor? They are the two top goalies this year...

825646768[/snapback]

I also want to say that i think these sort of questions are BS because everyones so biased. I say jimbo is better because his team won, but even more so because (bias) i play with him. Any CBHS guy will say Taylor is better based on some other stats. theres nothing wrong with that, i think esp. in a game like tonights where both goalies had good games, a fan should rally behind his own team's goalie.

Edited by knigh240

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not trying to start anything with you guys. the refs were bad and having to have refs w/ cbhs ties is not either teams fault, its sad that we cant find any refs that dont have connections to teams playing in the game. it was a great game by two teams giving everything they had. to # 13, i did not mean to attack you,but from the stands it did appear that you kicked a cbhs player while standing over him. if you didnt well then i apologize, but if you did, i would call that a dirty play.

Theres no need to get into it any more about this game. Both teams played really well, and if there really are issues with officials, rest assured that the TSLA will handle it, as I know for a fact that the President of the league was there watching the game. It is a problem that our refs do have some school ties, but I think that they know better than to let that come into play in their officiating. But whether or not they're doing a good job actually officiating is another issue. From the comments I've read I'm pretty sure I know who y'all are talking about, and I've seen this person call some pretty poor games myself in the past.

I don't think I kicked anybody, but everyone has their dirty little tricks. When I am on top of somebody, yeah I lean into them, that's porbably what you saw, and yeah, I am guilty of that completely. Everyone does those little things, like when crease attackmen jab me in the ribs with the butt end of their stick when I am covering them. That kind of thing happens. I was not out to play cheap, in fact I didn't have a single penalty during the first half of play. I did lose it and run over two picks, which was dirty and uncalled for, and for that I apologize. I lost my head, no excuse.

I think this is rather funny to be totally honest. You guys are talking about this game like you did not expect some heated tempers. This is what we call a RIVALRY game and I would not expect anything less than some flaring tempers and maybe some questionable calls. Yes, maybe it is not appropriate I understand but that is what rivarly games are all about: great hustle combined with some heated emotion. I am not condoning cheap shots or unsportsmanlike play, but honestly you have to be kidding me if you didn't expect any of this. It happens in all sports in all rivarly games. That's what is so great about high school rivalries.

Either way, I again give my best regards to both teams on yet another great rivarly matchip.

people always talk about how cbhs always has a bad attitude. however, 13 has the worst attitude out of any player i have ever seen in my life. everyone should know that if you get a penalty, you do not talk back to the refs. cbhs players kept their heads high the whole time while the mus players were being the prime examples of horrible sports.

if cbhs had its head in the game the first half, there would have been a different outcome.

i cant wait until state.

825646656[/snapback]

I mean it's ok though for a cbhs player to turn around and flip off the MUS fan section, and start talking trash and then tell us to come fight him on the field? You want to critique MUS, why don't you worry about your own team first?

Wavelax1,

Do not start talking about how CBHS players held their heads high even when Scales lost his temper. CBHS has always been in MUS's lacrosse shadow and they are very jealous of that. Last night the players for the Purple Wave lost their tempers too, but it was directed towards the fans of MUS not the players. Multiple times, the brothers would look back at us fans and either give us the bird or start cussing us out. Granted we were heckling them but that is a normal occurence at any high school sporting event. Every high school athlete is told not to react to comments made from fans. Obviously CBHS disregarded this and showed their lack of class by responding to the fans. This response only fueled the MUS fans more and probably helped in the fallout of the Purple Wave. When you react to a fan's jeering your head is obviously not focused on the game. As for the refs at last night's game, it seemed like MUS was getting called for anything and everything. The TSLA needs to rethink its ref situation and not have two refs with ties to a school officiating a game against their school's rival.

I have to agree with HSsoccerfan. This is stupid. Really what did yall expect. Both teams had people get out of hand on the bench and on the stands. Thats part of rivalry games. Neither team really acted with class, so there is no use in pointing fingers and putting the teams down. I can come up with plenty of examples of both teams acting without class, and some of you guys are trying to make it completely one-sided. As for the refs: this is a problem that i have seen in TSLA for years. Refs in tenn just dont cut it. Ive played everywhere from florida(Great refs) to DC(also great Refs). By far the refs here are really bad. They have a different style that causes things to get out of hand. They dont let the game play out and they are too quick to make petty calls. These so called "CBHS" refs are not the only ones. Kirby, former MUS player, and that other new guy this year did the same thing in the McCallie v. MUS game. I think they trully lost them the game. McCallie played much better then MUS except for Gibson. After this year TSLA needs to seriously review their refs and get them some better training. It is not an isolated problem with the two refs last night. It is a problem across the state.

I'm going to chime in on this with a couple of things I saw in the CBHS-McCallie game. #28 for CBHS should have been kicked out of the game, or at the least penalized more than once for unsportsmanlike conduct. While he was on the crease (offense), he attempted to hit #2 for McCallie in the family jewels with the end of his stick, multiple times. He was called for this, and as soon as he got back on the field, he did the same thing again, this time to #7 for McCallie. Ball went down near them, and instead of going for the ball, he went right at #7, hitting him repeatedly across the chest (not a cross check, but close). #7 pushed back once, and then dropped it, but #28 kept trying to start a fight. I know there was an exchange of words, but that outbreak was still uncalled for. No flag thrown at this either, although it went on for ~5 seconds. The final thing I saw #28 do that was dirty, and just plain stupid, was KICK #9 in the chest while Penn (#9) was on the ground. It was in the open, and everyone saw it, and there was no flag thrown. It wasn't an accident either, as Penn's body moved about a foot when the guy kicked him.

In our (McCallie) game against MUS, they (and us, for the most part) played a fairly clean game, but there was still a clear bias against us. The ref bias in the CBHS game was much more evident, and I'm going to say that it is not a stretch at all that the refs were extremely biased towards CBHS, especially since it is such a heated rivalry.

Here's a rant-

Officiating was clearly an issue in Memphis last weekend. How is the game growing so quickly in Memphis, but there only seems to be 4 officials in the entire city? By the end of the CBHS game, Taylor looked like a beaten man. Ties to the school shouldn't be an issue when assigning, but a solution might be to assign 3 to each game and have one controlling the sideline and coaches. The number one factor seemed to be consistency, and that comes with experience. Unfortunately, the only practice ref's get are actual games. Another random point: the teams that seem to be complaining the most are those that came out victorious. McCallie complains about #28, you won! MUS complains about the Purple Wave losing their focus - YOU WON! Did the calls affect the final outcome of the game?

Basically the game last night was high intensity which is are the ost fun games to play in. Yea guys from both teams did some cheap stuff but it was going both ways MUS doesn't need to act like they were innocent because they werent. Yea the officiating wasnt all the great but its high school lacrosse mind you. Its not like last nights game was officiated by some pro refs.