Gallatin Football 2005

wavelink101

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the scoop if Coach Walls does leave? Would they promote from within or would they call and interview a few known talents? Also, is Steve Duke still involved with athletics?

825657222[/snapback]

I don't think promoting from within is even an option. Sanders, Walls, and Duncan were all on the defensive side of the ball, so there is noone to promote. Right now Dunn is the only coach we have that is on the defensive side.

Has anyone heard who is in the running?

Hello all. It is good to be starting another season of talking Gallatin football with all of you guys. In my opinion, Donte Hall would be better suited for the QB spot. Saddler is a good option QB, but he is still a bit small. Gwave, this could be the year that that very talented sophmore class that we spent all year last year talking about breaks out. Now as juniors, they have a little experience under their belts. What do you think, will Ronez have a 1,000 yard year this year? Just some stuff to think about. What time is that scrimmage on the 19th?

Hello all.  It is good to be starting another season of talking Gallatin football with all of you guys.  In my opinion, Donte Hall would be better suited for the QB spot.  Saddler is a good option QB, but he is still a bit small.  Gwave, this could be the year that that very talented sophmore class that we spent all year last year talking about breaks out.  Now as juniors, they have a little experience under their belts.  What do you think, will Ronez have a 1,000 yard year this year?  Just some stuff to think about.  What time is that scrimmage on the 19th?

825660420[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you, Gtowner. I think Hall would be an excellent QB but Sadler may have the experience edge. I wouldn't count out one of the juniors such as Overton or Ferrill making some noise either.

I would love to see Ronez have a 1000 yrd or better season. What a lot of folk don't know is, that he was hurt most of the year last year. Worse than what was reported. Everything will depend on the new line. If they can develop some consistancy, he will have a good shot at it. Along with him, our backfield should be loaded. Shawn Hill looked good in the B-team games, we all have seen what Harper and Manning can do, The manchild LaKaylan Glover should be a force at fullback, and the new kid Dunn is supposed to be really a stud. I am not too worried about who gets the ball.

If our Qb job gets settled, o-line gets some experience, and the kicking game can come together, we should be in real good shape.

Gwave (or anyone else who may know), have you heard anything about who Gallatin will be playing in non region competiton this year? I would like to see Gallatin and Portland play sometime in the next couple of years. Now that Portland is a 4A school and they don't play 9 region games a season, I don't think that it would be too far fetched. I am sure Gallatin will probably make their 4A game against Beech though, at least this year.