College Ball

AndrewJ

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Gibson is headed to Notre Dame and Abernathy from Webb is going to Roanoke per laxpower. Also, last I heard Ryan Burns is headed for a PG year where he will play football and lacrosse at Hotchkiss, but that might not be true.

Edited by Redtwin

Now I understand that an extra year of experience is always a good thing. But don't you think that CT football is a step down from MBA football?

Insert Sarcasm/ Do they even play football in the North?

The Hotchkiss School is located in CT and competes in the Founders League against teams such as Avon Old Farms, Taft, Loomis Chaffe, and Deerfield.

Now I understand that an extra year of experience is always a good thing. But don't you think that CT football is a step down from MBA football?

Insert Sarcasm/ Do they even play football in the North?

I think CT high school ball probably is down from MBA, but those pg teams have some pretty physically mature players I would imagine. I really don't know though. I know that the lacrosse team would be a pretty good step up from TN lax. I don't think Hotchkiss is quite on the same level, but Bridgeton prep has some really good players. Prep School is probably a good idea for a very talented athlete who missed his senior football season with an ACL injury that is still affecting his lacrosse a little.

Redtwin is right about Bridgton. We played them last week, and they beat us by 5 (Final 7-2). I guess it kinda hurts that we don't practice at all together as a team, and we barely have a coach, but still, DI JV teams should be able to take down a bunchj of HS seniors. I'm embarrassed about that loss.

Also, the Brigeton kids were all really intense about that game. They were pushing from behind all over the field, and practically choked one of our attackmen. After the game they were real happy, but we knew better. They had a long busride back to Maine and then they'd still be at bridgton, while we'd still be, well, here.

Edited by Kapman4

I had several Bridgeton guys in my signing class, and the difference it seemed to me between BA and another PG school like Peddie or Navy Prep was that the BA guys seemed to have DI talent but either academic or discipline problems while the other prep schools had a few academic/discipline problems but mainly guys who were on the DI/DIII bubble who were looking to improve their stock. The BA guys were definitely intese though. There's nothing to do there but class, workout, and practice, and a lot of those guys see that as their last chance to make a DI roster. I briefly considered Peddie, but the idea of another year of high school like atmosphere in NJ was too much for me. I think it could be really good for Ryan though.