Oak Ridge's new Offensive Coordinator

2bear2

Former standout Jeff Miner will take the helm and replace Ronnie Gray as offensive coordinator dumping the wingT and putting in the spread. Last season when the offense was running on all cylinders Coach Miner had his hands on the controls.

Another great move for new coach Stanton Stephens is adding John Spratling to the staff.

With Speas running the big red D what will Coach Gray be doing?

Congratulations Coach Miner! :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great news for the kids not only will they have a great time in that type of offense but it will make everything for our running backs and receivers so much easier to execute and be more productive. Congratulations not only to Jeff but to Stanton as well for making a great decision, this will be a very explosive offense against all comers not just to our region foes but also to the likes of Riverdale. As far as the ex-offensive coordinator goes I would think he would coach else where, don't believe it would work out very well if he stayed, Best of luck to him though.

Oak Ridge running the spread.... Sounds Great!  :D

825654846[/snapback]

They may line up in the spread but you can bet #1 the best ball player on that team will be the feature offensive weapon. I believe also we will see a much more aggressive defense than we have seen, I have heard that the new D coordinator is a very skillful tactician and likes to bring the heat. I for one cannot wait to see a defense create some points. Another very good move by Stanton.

Here's a link to the Oak Ridger Article that Tank promised:

Wildcats, Stevens ready for spring practice

Congrats to Coach Miner and Coach Speas, I know they will do a great job (as they have done already). Also, welcome to our new coaches, Adams and Spratling! Read the article carefully, we are going to run a lot of "I" with the spread thrown in there. If you have seen AE play, then this should not be much of a surprise.

I was at our Lift-a-Thon last night and Coach Stevens did a great job of setting the table for the coming season. We had a good crowd in the weightroom and our team is ready to play. I hope to see some Wildcat faithful hanging out at the practice field a week from Monday as Spring practice begins.

Go Cats!

Check out the new OR Football web page put together by the Boosters club.  Great job by the webmaster, Taylor Lane! 

http://www.oakridgefootball.net/

Got a lot of graphics so broadband is fastest. thumb

I've really enjoyed the new website and want to thank Taylor Lane and the Boosters for putting it online. Being an ex-Oak Ridger (now live in Hixson, TN), I appreciate any bit of news I can get.

It would be super if the Boosters could sell OR merchandise through the site. Check out what Dmoyers is doing on his Maryville site. Big D has done a great job with his Rebel stuff even though I kid him from time to time about hating the Cats :D You know the saying ... Let them hate as long as they respect.

I love what Coach Stevens is doing with his staff ...BUT ... all this talk about STATE is a little early ... I go by the boyfromsi school of take them one at a time. I will admit that I'm excited about the season and REALLY REALLY REALLY want wins over Ooltewah and Soddy. :D

~~Back the Cats!

Oak Ridge is buzzing with excitement with  Coach Stephens, Miner,Spratling, and Layton. The BIG 4. Back at their alma matter and taking the Wildcats back to elite status. Welcome home men.

Just heard from a current player former OC Ron Gray is not coming back. Pitty.

'Cats are STATE BOUND!

825655379[/snapback]

I wonder if this is any kind of record at OR? 4 former players coaching? i like the BIG 4 line!!

Glad you're staying Miner and Layton and WELCOME HOME Stevens and Spratling!

Oak Ridge is proud of all of you! Go Cats!!