EGG on HIS FACE!

blue5

Guest catfish-hunter
What were his stats at Vandy???

8 wins?

300 yds rushing?

4Tds?

He was pathetic!

He was an average HS player on an Average Team!

He was a Terrible College Player on a terrible team!

No way he makes an NFL roster!!!

Maybe as the Strength coach!

825656637[/snapback]

Matthew Tant's career at Harpeth was from '97-'00. Those years Harpeth went 11-1, 10-2, 11-2, and 9-3. That is an overall record of 41-8 my friend. During that run Harpeth won the region championship each of those years and their playoff losses were to Huntingdon (twice), Milan, and McKenzie. I'd say that starting for those teams and rushing for 1,000+ yards every season makes you just a tad bit better than an average player on an average football team. Also, if you play college football in the SEC then chances are you must be pretty darn good. Hey blue5, when was the last time you had a chance to go play at places like Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, or LSU???

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to be a great player to play for Vandy, just smart as a whip. I played against a guy in high school that went on to play ay Vandy, he was TERRIBLE! I have honestly never saw a player that bad make it at the D1 level. I don't know much on Tant so I want comment, except for playing for Vanderbilt must of have been bad to want to leave and sign an as undrafted player. I heard on the ESPN radio that he knew we wouldn't be drafted. I guess now if he is on losing team he will get paid for it.

Edited by BURLEY

You don't have to be a great  player to play for Vandy, just smart as a whip. I played against a guy in high school that went on to play ay Vandy, he was TERRIBLE! I have honestly never saw a player that bad make it at the D1 level. I don't know much on Tant so I want comment, except for playing for Vanderbilt must of have been bad to want to leave and sign an as undrafted player. I heard on the ESPN radio that he knew we wouldn't be drafted. I guess now if he is on losing team he will get paid for it.

825656719[/snapback]

You people are killing me, he signed with San Dieg, a team that was a playoff team in 2004. They didn't lose a starter on offense and Matthew will get to learn from Lorenzo Neal, the best blocking fullback in the league. He is in a great situation. He will get his deree from Vanderbilt. Matthew Tant is strong as an ox and will fit in well with the Chargers. For those that say he is an average player then you knowledge of football is slim to none. I saw Matthew play my sophmore year when he was a senior and he was a man amongst boys out there on the field. Pound for Pound I bet he was one of the strongest players that was eligible for the draft.

WHAT IN THE WORLD MADE HIM THINK HE WOULD GET DRAFTED?

I GUESS THIS WAS A LITTLE HARD FOR MATTHEW"MR EGO" TANT TO HANDLE?

THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD HIM A TABLE AT THE DRAFT SHOW RIGHTY NEXT TO AARON RODGERS! HA! I THOUGHT VANDERBILT PEOPLE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE SMARTER THAN THAT!

825656501[/snapback]

Sounds to me like you are jealous!! My congrats to a young man who worked hard and EARNED himself a scholarship to pay for his education!!!!! Best of luck to his possible NFL career!

Gerry, just because Tant got signed as a Free agent does NOT mean he will make the team! Like you said they have Lorenzo Neal with that said his chances of making the team is slim to none! Of all the undrafted free agents in the league each year only about 16 make an nfl roster! He will make a decent AFL2 player though but they only get paid $250 a week! Oh and BTW it does not matter how strong or fast you are a lot of player are strong, it doesn't make you a player...ask Clarett slow 40 times didn't stop him from getting drafted! If you can play they will find you!

You people are killing me, he signed with San Dieg, a team that was a playoff team in 2004. They didn't lose a starter on offense and Matthew will get to learn from Lorenzo Neal, the best blocking fullback in the league. He is in a great situation. He will get his deree from Vanderbilt. Matthew Tant is strong as an ox and will fit in well with the Chargers. For those that say he is an average player then you knowledge of football is slim to none. I saw Matthew play my sophmore year when he was a senior and he was a man amongst boys out there on the field. Pound for Pound I bet he was one of the strongest players that was eligible for the draft.

825656731[/snapback]

Pay attention to my post before you reply. I never said he wasn't going to graduate. He does have another year playing time left in college, right. aspu gov said the rest. ;)

How many of you have gotten the chance to play SEC football? How many of you could get in to Vanderbilt, much less get a full ride? How many of you had teams willing to sign you as an undrafted free agent? I say the answer to those questions are more than likely zero. Matthew was ready to get out of Vanderbilt and not suffer through another losing season at Vanderbilt.

I know him being signed as an undrafted free agent doesn't mean he is promised a spot, but at least he has the opportunity. Why are you downing this kid? Even if he doesn't make the team, he will gain valuable experience. In the long run Matthew will be successful in whatever he chooses to do and people on here putting him down will be eating crow.

Burley I wasn't commenting on that part of your post, I was commenting on you saying he is terrible. I hope you don' have a job judging talent cause I would want Matthew Tant being my fullback.

How many of you have gotten the chance to play SEC football? How many of you could get in to Vanderbilt, much less get a full ride? How many of you had teams willing to sign you as an undrafted free agent? I say the answer to those questions are more than likely zero. Matthew was ready to get out of Vanderbilt and not suffer through another losing season at Vanderbilt.

I know him being signed as an undrafted free agent doesn't mean he is promised a spot, but at least he has the opportunity. Why are you downing this kid? Even if he doesn't make the team, he will gain valuable experience. In the long run Matthew will be successful in whatever he chooses to do and people on here putting him down will be eating crow.

Burley I wasn't commenting on that part of your post, I was commenting on you saying he is terrible. I hope you don' have a job judging talent cause I would want Matthew Tant being my fullback.

825656972[/snapback]

Again you did not pay attention to my first post. I was not even talking about him. I was talking about a guy I played against who played o-line. I don't know him. I personaly think you have to be pretty good to go pro from Vandy. Read before you critizie.

This might be a NEWSFLASH for a lot of people, but:

TANT is not ever going to play 1 down of NFL football. Signing as a free agent MOST likely means he is playing on the practice team. There are probably 200 fullbacks better than him, including someone like Jabari Davis -- who didn't even get drafted. You're KIDDING yourselves if you honestly think this guy is going to "make it." I don't blame the guy for TRYING, that's not what i'm saying. I just hope he finishes his degree because he will certainly need it.

This entire topic is ridiculous and I just hope a mod here on Coacht decides to shut it down. Here is a guy out trying to make his dream come true and all of the"wanna bes" on this board are trying to find a way to break him down. I saw alot of the same type of people as i was growing up in HS people telling me I was to small to play college football, not good enough and so on well I made it and I loved it when I walked by those same people and they had little to say about me then. If Tant's goal is to make it in the NFL then so be it. He has a leg up on alot of others who dream of the NFL he played major College FB(SEC school), has a free agent contract so he gets to go to an NFL camp. What he makes of the opportunity is up to him. If he is cut so what? He got a chance to make an NFL roster it did not work out so he takes his Vandy education makes a good living and becomes a productive citizen! Sounds okay to me so I hope all the wanna bes get off his case or the Mods shut you down because there is no place onj CoachT for the putting down of coaches or players.

There have been many free agents that have went on to play in the NFL. It is not out of the realm of possiblity for Tant to make it. I know he is a hard working fb player and he did play against the best in the SEC. Either way you look at it, he is a success. Even if he doesn't play a down in the NFL, he has got a lot furthur than the moron who was blasting him on this board. He will probably be writing your paycheck one day. With that Vandy degree, he can have his pick of jobs. Good luck to Matthew.

Guest catfish-hunter

Wasn't Drew Bennett and undrafted free agent??? I might be wrong but it seems like he is doing well for himself in the NFL.

Matthew might earn a roster spot playing for Marty out on the west coast. He is a good blocker who will only get better playing with a guy like Lorenzo Neal. Tant can also do something that Neal can NOT do for the Chargers and that is the fact that he can catch the ball out of the backfield. Troy Fleming proved better at doing that last year for the Titans than Robert Holcombe and now you all see which one is still in Nashville. Don't any of you hate on Tant just because you weren't good enough to hold his jockstrap in high school.