Besides Alcoa, Who will do well in 2-2a and why?

BossHog

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
Loudon knows exactly wut it takes to be able to play with the big dogs, just look at the region they came from, if i remember right they played fulton neck and neck last year. My vote is gonna go to em, good luck loudon!

825699129[/snapback]

well the big dogs had to work for it you are right the loudon D held AE to 21 points all scored in the first half Fulton won it in the last quarter and they had to fight till the last whistle Anderson Co. was a tie entering the 4th quarter and won it the last minute of the game so Loudon may have a bad record but they are mean fighting underdogs who do not understand the word quit I belive they will be one of the top 4 at what place I don't know but it will be an intersting year for them

dmoyers,

Alcoa will still have talent coming back after this year.  They'll return 6 players on defense and 5 on offense.  They'll have to replace Duck and Joei, but they have the best freshman WR in the state, Brian Sommer, IMO, our other receiver Kyrus Lanxter, they have a bunch of good young RB's Troy Hodge, Cameron Battles, and Darrell Tate.  Randall Cobb will be an excellent replacement of Joei at QB.  We'll return Jacob Lequire, Josiah Standridge, and Colton Reid on the O-Line, and Cody Marsh and Nathan Backus are going to be very promising replacements. 

Defensively we'll lose 3/4 of our D-Line, but Rae Sykes will be back and will be a monster.  Bobby Keller could start at end this next year, and Cody Marsh and Corey Brewer will be two fine DT's.  LB's will be James Stultz, Bart Hicks, and Colton Reid...they'll be very good.  And the secondary will be Kyrus Lanxter and Brian Sommer at the safeties and Darrell Tate and Alex Green at the corners.  So I still expect the 2007 Tornadoes to still win the region and make it deep into the playoffs, but thats 2 years from now....

Anyway I see Sweetwater , Loudon, and CAK filling the other 3 playoff spots this year after Alcoa

825658170[/snapback]

Actually it will be Justin Dunkin, Hicks and Reid at LB. Sommers will be at corner, and Tate is a LB. Someone else will have to step up and fill the FS position. You can't forget that Shivy will be leading the Tailback's next year, unless DT and Troy really step it up. Quarterback will be in good hands with Randall. He's got an arm, and he's lightning quick.

TE will be a hard spot to fill. Look for a battle there next year.

As for this year, I'm thinking

Alcoa

Rockwood \

Sweetwater Contending for 2

Loudon /

Alcoa is the team to beat. Maryville game 2 and Fulton game 4 will be very interesting. Cak lives and dies on the pass and will make it interesting this year. If they are able to increase team #'s like Knox Catholic has, look out. Loudon should be tough, but we will wait and see. They have scrimmaged Rockwood a few times in the past. It will be interesting to see how well Sweetwater will be with a new/old coach. Their defensive coordinator stepped in as head coach. I know they will be talented as always. They really picked it up towards the end of the season last year. Wartburg brings back almost all of their offensive line. If they have some skill players, they could shock a few people this year by making the playoffs. Rockwood lost four offensive lineman last year after posting 11-2 season. Both loses came to a great Alcoa team. This should be a very interesting year. As with any team that plays AA football injuries will play a role in the success of the teams. GOOD LUCK to all 2-2a teams and let's continue the tradition of representing the best AA region in the state!

I need to add one more in there, and that is Oliver Springs. It was easy to forget them after the season they had last year. No disrespect!!! I was disappointed with the way they played last year after winning the region the year before. I look for them to be re-focussed on the task at hand. I have heard that they worked harder this year than ever in the weight room! I do expect them to be a much improved team this year and make a run at the playoffs.

I won't make any prediction on who will finish where, because it is frankly too dang hard at this point. Alcoa is hands down the team to beat. Good luck again to all the teams around the region and stay healthy!

Waggle, we can always count on you to state the obvious.  You know about as much football as a 5 year old school girl.  Rockwood must not have much this year or you would be pumping them up like you have in the past.  HOW BOUT THOSE DEVILS !!!!

825714368[/snapback]

Yeah how bout those Devils.... how bout them movin down to 1A cuz they couldnt do jack in 2A! I believe the reason that Waggle states the obvious is because of little immature kids like somebody :cough: Devils97 :cough: cant understand it. So therefore it must be stated over and over.

Waggle, we can always count on you to state the obvious.  You know about as much football as a 5 year old school girl.  Rockwood must not have much this year or you would be pumping them up like you have in the past.  HOW BOUT THOSE DEVILS !!!!

825714368[/snapback]

About time we hear from you DEVILS97, havent heard a stupid remark from you in a while.. its good to have you back.. So, now that your Blue Devils have conquered a 30 game dry spell in 2a you think you guys can do it in 1a???