Maryville vs. Alcoa

Rebel Nation

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

See what you Maryville people dont understand is that if we beat you one out of every 4 years, then that is an accomplishment. Maryville should never ever ever get beat by a 2A team. Alcoa should be praised for their record against Maryville, because it is better than a lot of 5A teams against Maryvile(William Blount and Heritage, not to mention any names). So instead of boasting about your 52-21 record against us, you should be saying to yourself, how is a 2A team competing with us and beating us some? Just some food for thought.

And by the way, what do you Maryville people think about the scared football teams of William Blount and Heritage dropping us from their schedule. I guess it was to embaressing for them to get beat by a 2A team all the time. I bet they will try to schedule us again after Brandon, Duck, Joei and company are gone.

825686585[/snapback]

[/quote

That theory on the part of Alcoa people is getting a little old. Some of the same people who this year are saying Alcoa has all this D1 talent and could compete if not beat any team in the State regardless of classification turn right around and say "Maryville should never lose to Alcoa". Since your handle has 06 you may or may not realize that for a good part of this long rivalry the schools were close to the same size and 20 years or so ago were even in the same "district" in 2A. Granted the difference now is quite noticeable but it has not always been that way. "More food for thought". If this young Maryville team loses to this All World Alcoa Team I can live with that. Beating one of your best classes ever 3 out of 4 is not that bad. A lot of people already have it marked up as an L for us. I kind of like that role for a change. I think our players and coaches do also.

Edited by mhs

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe in that theory MHS. I think that Alcoa has enough talent to play with any sized team. True, some of our players are forced to play both ways, but Coach Reid handles conditioning well enough to get them prepared. School size shouldn't be an excuse any more. You know what they say about excuses anyway...

I don't believe in that theory MHS. I think that Alcoa has enough talent to play with any sized team. True, some of our players are forced to play both ways, but Coach Reid handles conditioning well enough to get them prepared. School size shouldn't be an excuse any more. You know what they say about excuses anyway...

825714007[/snapback]

im going to laugh when alcoa gets beat

i'm surprised to see Alcoa getting 63% of the vote.  I thought it would be lopsided the other direction.  There must be a bunch of closet Alcoa fans on here.

825714679[/snapback]

Or maybe people really think that Maryville will not be as great as normal this year and that Alcoa will beat Maryville....Have you ever thought about that????????

Good luck to both teams! and May the Poll reflect the game. thumb

This game is very exciting...I am from Knox Co but my college roommates played for Maryville, even after graduation, it was amazing to see how hyped they would get for this game....This could be the best rivalry in the State....One question, I heard a rumor that this game was being moved to Thursday night...Can anyone from the Rebel or Tornado community confirm or deny this for me?