Rebel Nation

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Maryville going to switch up their offense a little since Cade Thompson, Steven Childs, Andrew Clement and them are gone?

825667673[/snapback]

Nope..........hasn't changed since GQ became offensive coordinator and head coach. Not to worry............Maryville is loaded with the personel to run GQ's offense.

Alcoa will be the first to learn that Maryville doesn't rebuild.

Edited by MLREB

Well 14 days and 22.5 hours to be close but I'm not counting!  I love the game and the HS level is the purest form of the great game.  What’s better than young men playing a game mostly for the love or enjoyment of it?

I am also mildly concerned about the Offence.  But the RB's are solid.  We got two kids that I know of being developed by the Master of development of young QB's and RB's.  WE got some size and speed stepping into the O line who got a fair amount of playing time last year while the first shirts got a rest because opponents were put away early.  WR's?  Some of those kids stepping in will be the fastest group collectively in recent years for the men in black.  The special teams will have veteran kickers when most of the seniors on the squad are on the coverage teams.  The coaching staff lost no one and I have heard every one of those fine men returning.  We still got Mr. Joe Black the finest mender/healer known to man!  What could be better?  Hunt and Barnett will be able to make some plays and are smart enough not to get us beat.  What could be better????

Alcoa is a very good team but not a great one and not the best they have ever had.  2A is not 4A, I don't care how you cut it!  Melrose would have beat Alcoa like a dusty rug and was the fastest physical team I have ever seen in many years!  They might have been the best team last year but Maryville again dug in when they had too, showed what champions do, and thus won yet another State Championship!  All is good in Reb-ville.

825664474[/snapback]

Add about 3 months to my then numbers, sorry I got excited! Go Rebs. The poll is funny!

That's quite a negative statement comby on a game that's only 2 1/2 months away...where do you get NEXT season...the season is pratically HERE.  They must not play very good ball where your from....no excitement. :rolleyes:

Haters aside, FBE is confident and that's good.    Maryville has every reason to be so.  Nope, we're not as experienced on offense, but our defense should be stifling.  Lasyt year MHS averaged just under 7 points a game in scoring defense.  That should only improve.

If the D scores once or more a game this year and the offense scores a couple of times or more, we'll be hard to beat again. Something to keep in mind is that our offense won't stay young for long...I'd say till half way thru the 1st qtr of the alcoa game. thumb

825663908[/snapback]

No, there is excitement where I come from, and I didn't mean to offend. Heck, I got Alcoa winning it all again. But, I'll consider it next year when the seniors at my alma mater have graduated and gone on to their respective places. They have put in a lot of hard work and it shouldn't just be forgotten.

Now, I'll take the Rebels in this one. Alcoa is an offensive powerhouse. They didn't really lose anything. But just like my alma mater, Camden Central, Alcoa has a monkey on it's back known as Maryville. Over here in West TN, we got a monkey known as the Huntingdon Mustangs.

It would be nice to get over the hump. Both of these games are going to be games of the week in their respective locations in the state. What week do the Rebels and Tornadoes get it on? Maybe both our favorite teams will be able to cast the demons down.

No, there is excitement where I come from, and I didn't mean to offend. Heck, I got Alcoa winning it all again. But, I'll consider it next year when the seniors at my alma mater have graduated and gone on to their respective places. They have put in a lot of hard work and it shouldn't just be forgotten.

Now, I'll take the Rebels in this one. Alcoa is an offensive powerhouse. They didn't really lose anything. But just like my alma mater, Camden Central, Alcoa has a monkey on it's back known as Maryville. Over here in West TN, we got a monkey known as the Huntingdon Mustangs.

It would be nice to get over the hump. Both of these games are going to be games of the week in their respective locations in the state. What week do the Rebels and Tornadoes get it on? Maybe both our favorite teams will be able to cast the demons down.

825670499[/snapback]

You misunderstand. FBE and I are Rebel fans, not Alcoa fans. We have no demons to cast out...we own a 52-21 edge all time on Alcoa. I'm sure we sound like Alcoa fans though, since we're speakin for them a lot. Sorry for the confusion.

Good luck with the stangs...their tough!!

August 26th for the MHS/AHS game...

• 4 weeks later...

[quote=alcoasportsguy22,Jun 3 2005 - 05:13 PM]

Alcoa, no question.

825686446[/snapback]

Yep.......that's what you Alcoa fans have said the last three years and then were solidly beaten by the Red Rebels each year. If it happens I will give you credit but until it does your arrogant comments are nothing but fodder for comedy.

See what you Maryville people dont understand is that if we beat you one out of every 4 years, then that is an accomplishment. Maryville should never ever ever get beat by a 2A team. Alcoa should be praised for their record against Maryville, because it is better than a lot of 5A teams against Maryvile(William Blount and Heritage, not to mention any names). So instead of boasting about your 52-21 record against us, you should be saying to yourself, how is a 2A team competing with us and beating us some? Just some food for thought.

And by the way, what do you Maryville people think about the scared football teams of William Blount and Heritage dropping us from their schedule. I guess it was to embaressing for them to get beat by a 2A team all the time. I bet they will try to schedule us again after Brandon, Duck, Joei and company are gone.

Not really...it happens sooo very infrequently that it really NEVER crosses our minds...

I think dropping you is stupid personally...it kills the mythic Blount co Championship. Actullay, I respect Alco a lot. I wish y'all the best. thumb

Just don't expect me to be impressed by 52-21 thumb

The whole concept of a "rivalry game" is based upon some kind of non-verbal agreement between schools and players. Whether Alcoa NEVER beats Maryville or whether Maryville NEVER beats Alcoa -- that doesn't matter. It's a rivalry between PLAYERS (and the community). The towns literally touch one another and people who live in Maryville work in Alcoa -- vise versa. The community is essentially the same conglomerate of people divided by civil boundaries. It's not like Brazil vs. Argentina in soccer. The record is only indicative of friends (and families) who, by chance, play for the other side. It's mostly friendly except for ONE day of the year. It should be embraced and bring people together; not dividing. The Alcoa vs. Maryville rivalry is what high school football should be about.

[quote=alcoasportsguy22,Jun 3 2005 - 05:13 PM]

Alcoa, no question.

825686446[/snapback]

Yep.......that's what you Alcoa fans have said the last three years and then were solidly beaten by the Red Rebels each year. If it happens I will give you credit but until it does your arrogant comments are nothing but fodder for comedy.

825686489[/snapback]

It's been a while boys, but I'm back!! I didn't want to start up this early but I couldn't wait any longer. I'm not really going to break down the game just yet, but this one should be a classic. thumb