Favorite Baseball Broadcaster

tdluna

Mike Shannon is great.

And I was just channel surfing one night and heard John Miller - didn't even notice he was doing the Giants... so much baseball to listen to on XM (Braves 3, Marlins 0 in the seventh)

I grew up with a grandpa who loved his Braves (Milo Hamilton) and a dad who loved his Cardinals (Dizzy Dean, Harry Carey)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ernie Harwell hands down

Vin Scully second

on tv, the best, bar none, is Steve Stone

on my MY-FI (Braves getting ready to start) I can't stand the Yankees broadcasts.  Red Sox and Cubs rule!!    Phillies is fun to listen to..  And Charlie Steiner is doing Dodgers games now....  and ESPN's Jon Miller can be heard on Orioles broadcasts

and thanks to XM Radio, I am quickly becoming a Jorge Cantu fan!!!!

825664914[/snapback]

still think jack buck is the best ever.................love stoney and jon miller both on tv.........................the absolute worst is tim mccarver he tries so hard to create drama and sound like he is an expert on the game

I absolutely hat listening to Tim McCarver call a baseball game. He is Terrible! It will be in the first inning and he's talking about a play that just changed the course of the game and all this other crap. Let the game create the Drama, not you. Thats the only thing i hate about the MLB Postseason, that i have to listen to him.

"all we need is a bloop and a blast"

"Ain't nothing shakin but the leaves in the trees, and they wouldn't be shaking if there wasn't no breeze"

"Go Crazy Folks"

"I don't believe what I just saw"

"That's a winner!"  and so was he--miss you Jack.

825665023[/snapback]

Definately Buck IMO

The biggest "winners" were all the people that were able to listen to the great Jack Buck. He may have the 2 greatest homerun calls of all time. Kirk Gibson's "I don't believe what I just saw." And Ozzie Smith's " Smith corks one down the line, it may go GO CRAZY FOLKS, GO CRAZY, the Cardinals have just won the game 3 to 2 on a homerun by the Wizard. GO CRAZY!

That was 20 years ago and I can still remember where I was when that happened.

He has a great legacy, that will only grow as Joe fills part of the void we feel since we lost Jack.