DB vs Science Hill Regional

bud

Farragut beat Halls. DB is leading Science Hill 10-1 in the 7th with 1 out and the bases loaded. If DB wins Halls will be coming to J Fred Johnson in Kingsport. DB played tonight as a determined team on a mission. They hit the heck out of the ball. thumb

I think I would still rather have Farrugut @ home rather than Halls. I think most people felt that if DB won they would be playing Farragut @ home. You never know, that is why we play the game.

Edited by bud

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boola Boola!!

A thrashing in JC and the men in yellow took it on the tail! Gaf Gaf!! The big spanker was a Soph. Jordon Adams with a bases loaded double, and had 5 ribbies in the game.

A Home game with Halls is looming large and the boyz down at the E-Z Snooze Hotel have got the Vacancy sign dusted off for the visitors from Big K Town.

Penuts, popcorn, onion soup, yadda yadda yadda, poo-poo-pee-doop!

Boola Boola

Famous Amos

Hmmm, a title game between D-B and Science Hill for all the marbles and D-B stomps them......hmmmmm......seems familiar. The great thing about yellow pants is that you can't see the pee running down the legs!!

Boola Boola!!

A thrashing in JC and the men in yellow took it on the tail! Gaf Gaf!! The big spanker was a Soph. Jordon Adams with a bases loaded double, and had 5 ribbies in the game.

A Home game with Halls is looming large and the boyz down at the E-Z Snooze Hotel have got the Vacancy sign dusted off for the visitors from Big K Town.

Penuts, popcorn, onion soup, yadda yadda yadda, poo-poo-pee-doop!

Boola Boola

Famous Amos

825677177[/snapback]

Hmmm, a title game between D-B and Science Hill for all the marbles and D-B stomps them......hmmmmm......seems familiar.  The great thing about yellow pants is that you can't see the pee running down the legs!!

825677192[/snapback]

Cookies for Stonewall.......On that comment

LOL that was a good one stonewall. Great job tonight boys. Ben Allen pitched a heck of a game throwing a 1 hitter after six innings recorded, then brad mayes came in to shut things down. Leading hitters were Wesley Lane ( He's Back! ), Jordan adams, Ben Allen, Wesley Jones, and well basically the rest of the team!

Good Luck Friday, and you guys better have your heads screwed on straight!

Rollem Up Boys :P

Okay, now I saved myself from making this comment after Dobyns-Bennett eliminated Jefferson County, but now after the same type of comments come up after beating (but not eliminating) Science Hill it seems like this might be a good time to say go ahead and let it out.

Major League Baseball plays a 162-game regular season schedule. After each win that a team has, you will usually not find the players putting down the team that just lost. Even after a playoff game, you will see the victorious team talking about how great of a game it was and sometimes even giving credit to their opponents. Has high school baseball lost track of that? This was not a MUST WIN game tonight, a big win yes, but not the biggest. Remember, if you lose on Friday...your season is over.

I wish y'all luck on Friday, and I hope that y'all will beat Halls. But if I were from another team getting ready to play y'all, I would have to say that you have no class. Remember that a win is a win, whether it is by slaughter rule or a 1-run squeaker. On that same note, a loss is a loss. And a loss on Friday would be the final one, so don't let that happen.

Science Hill will be playing on Friday too, and I hope that they win as well. It'd be great to have 2 teams from District 1-AAA going to State. And just a piece of advice, if y'all win state (and a victory on Friday would make for a pretty good case that y'all could take it) please take that trophy, order your rings, and leave Memphis headed back to Kingsport with the satisfaction that you've beaten the best. There is no need to run the other team into the dirt, that's just bad sportsmanship (and this doesn't go for everyone on the board...and I've been guilty of the exact same thing before and it's only later that I realize what that must have looked like). I don't want to go into the "if you don't win state" part, because honestly I don't want to make a prediction like that.

This win doesn't mean a thing if it's followed by a loss on Friday. Every team in the state of Tennessee that lost tonight has the same chance of getting to state as all of the winning teams from tonight's games. Win on Friday, celebrate responsibly with the friends and family, and have a safe trip to Memphis.

But I do agree with GLee's statement about those yellow uniforms...and the Unicoi uni's that remind me of a blue-toned version of the old Astros. Where are people getting these horrendous ideas from?

I don't really disagree w/you Pete. If you trace our conversation back a bit, you will note that I posed to you that perhaps you didn't really understand the hatred of this rivalry. You're remarks are mature and pointed, but for most D-B fans, beating the Hill is more dramatic than what will happen Friday. Both teams will be underdogs, and both will likely be done by midnight Friday. However, keeping the Toppers on that leash......priceless.

Okay, now I saved myself from making this comment after Dobyns-Bennett eliminated Jefferson County, but now after the same type of comments come up after beating (but not eliminating) Science Hill it seems like this might be a good time to say go ahead and let it out.

Major League Baseball plays a 162-game regular season schedule.  After each win that a team has, you will usually not find the players putting down the team that just lost.  Even after a playoff game, you will see the victorious team talking about how great of a game it was and sometimes even giving credit to their opponents.  Has high school baseball lost track of that?  This was not a MUST WIN game tonight, a big win yes, but not the biggest.  Remember, if you lose on Friday...your season is over.

I wish y'all luck on Friday, and I hope that y'all will beat Halls.  But if I were from another team getting ready to play y'all, I would have to say that you have no class.  Remember that a win is a win, whether it is by slaughter rule or a 1-run squeaker.  On that same note, a loss is a loss.  And a loss on Friday would be the final one, so don't let that happen.

Science Hill will be playing on Friday too, and I hope that they win as well.  It'd be great to have 2 teams from District 1-AAA going to State.  And just a piece of advice, if y'all win state (and a victory on Friday would make for a pretty good case that y'all could take it) please take that trophy, order your rings, and leave Memphis headed back to Kingsport with the satisfaction that you've beaten the best.  There is no need to run the other team into the dirt, that's just bad sportsmanship (and this doesn't go for everyone on the board...and I've been guilty of the exact same thing before and it's only later that I realize what that must have looked like).  I don't want to go into the "if you don't win state" part, because honestly I don't want to make a prediction like that.

This win doesn't mean a thing if it's followed by a loss on Friday.  Every team in the state of Tennessee that lost tonight has the same chance of getting to state as all of the winning teams from tonight's games.  Win on Friday, celebrate responsibly with the friends and family, and have a safe trip to Memphis.

But I do agree with GLee's statement about those yellow uniforms...and the Unicoi uni's that remind me of a blue-toned version of the old Astros.  Where are people getting these horrendous ideas from?

825677316[/snapback]

when I was in high school we had a pretty tight rivalry with Cherokee...resulted in a fist fight at the 50-yard line with players, fans, and parents...my fondest memory of my senior year of football was charging towards the 50-yard line (something that I did in my immature adrenaline-filled body), and glancing up to see my classmate (not on the team) with his face fully painted rushing into the pile...somehow we made it home with a Cherokee football helmet, but it did get returned...eventually...I think...

There you go then, you understand. I bet it's hard even now for you to look at Cherokee in any playoff action and say, "good luck from all of East Tennessee fellas."

when I was in high school we had a pretty tight rivalry with Cherokee...resulted in a fist fight at the 50-yard line with players, fans, and parents...my fondest memory of my senior year of football was charging towards the 50-yard line (something that I did in my immature adrenaline-filled body), and glancing up to see my classmate (not on the team) with his face fully painted rushing into the pile...somehow we made it home with a Cherokee <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=football%20helmet" onmouseover="window.status='football helmet'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">football helmet</a>, but it did get returned...eventually...I think...

825677337[/snapback]