DB vs Science Hill Regional

bud

well let's just say that my sophomore year of college that I was dating a girl and decided to take her down to Cherokee for annual slugfest...as we were leaving and walking to the car, a fight literally broke out directly in front of us (the second one we saw walking from the field to the car) and I said "That's Hawkins County football for you...the real action takes place after the game..."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sickpete, in your post (#10) you seem to be saying the "DB players" are doing two much talking and have no class. I don't think I have heard a classless word from any of the DB players.

What you are really doing in that post is unfair. You are compairing Major League Baseball "players" to "DB fans". What you should compair is Major League Baseball Fans to DB fans. There you will find that DB fans have much more class.

And, if you want to compair DB fans to any other high school fans that post on CoachT, there is really no difference. Everyone likes to get under the others skin. Sometimes it gets out of hand and sometimes its all in fun. Read some of these other threads, DB is nowhere near the top in the "classless department"

WaCo :) JaCo

WaCoJaCo,

I posted on another thread that Halls is much worse at it than y'all...also, what's with changing my screenname around?...I've been to Dobyns-Bennett games before, and I know how the fans can get...fans can get like that everywhere...I think it would be a lot better if someone could see Dobyns-Bennett winning and note that they don't throw it in everyone's face...if you feel that you have to trash talk people to feel better, then I'm not going to stop you...I make comments about things that I see...also, I have no comments for teams in other areas of the state that I have little or no interest in, and talking with certain other teams in District 1 (all classes) would be pointless (plus D-B is just better than those teams and probably the only realistic chance of a State winning team)...Play with Class, Win with Class is what I want from my players...

I can go on a totally different tangent talking about the fans of high school sports, because I've seen the worst of them (including the ones mentioned in Post #12). I did notice a bit more team cohesion coming from Dobyns-Bennett last night than I have seen at some other schools. From a psychological standpoint, the body contact (such as high fives) that the Indians use has shown to produce better results...my friend did a study on it, quite interesting actually. This Indians team plays together, and I'm glad to see that in a team.

Who gives a flip about the fans?  Lets talk about the games.  The fans "class" doesn't matter at all.  Yes they do have to have some class but whats wrong with boasting every once in a while?

825677587[/snapback]

Boasting every once in awhile is okay, but where was the boasting when Science Hill beat you guys twice in a row?

Boasting every once in awhile is okay, but where was the boasting when Science Hill beat you guys twice in a row?

825677749[/snapback]

I mean shutup. The same can be said for last night regarding Science Hill. Where was all their boasting for Science Hill last night? We heard tons of Science Hill boasting after they won district. It goes both ways. You just want to take a shot at DB admit it. Quit trying to single out a team just b/c you dislike them. Back to baseball now, if that is possible

Edited by bud

I mean shutup.  The same can be said for last night regarding Science Hill.  Where was all their boasting for Science Hill last night?  We heard tons of Science Hill boasting after they won district.  It goes both ways.  You just want to take a shot at DB admit it. Quit trying to single out a team just b/c you dislike them.  Back to baseball now, if that is possible

825677757[/snapback]

\

Not taking a shot at DB. I hope they win state. That shot was meant for the one I quoted. Not you, pal. I don't have a problem with DB baseball, its the jerk fans who post on this board.

Edited by Falconbaseballbacker

I wasn't talking about the class of the fans, I was talking about the people posting on this board. I'll go Dr. Phil on you if you want me to, I can pull things out like "D-B was happier than a pig in the mud after getting revenge on the Toppers on Wednesday, but that doesn't make the hair grow on a mole rat."