Milan-Harpeth

westtn2004state

This morning I have heard more acts of class from parents of Harpeth players made by Milan fans.

They made comments concerning our bath room, "they hope we raised enough money to get an indoor bathroom, not a portable one". My reply, I have been to parks that teams play at and even though they had a "real bathroom" it's condition left something to be desired. We just played in Loretto on a very nice field, that I was told was funded by a Major League Player who played high school ball at Loretto, we haven't been that fortunate yet.

They also made the comment "you call this a baseball field". This field has come along way in the last 4 years thanks to many donations and alot of hard work by the parents of these boys, it still has things to be done, but like all improvements, they take time and money. Hopefully with the success of this years team the school will put forth more effort and help improve the field and it's surroundings. But to answer the fans question, Yes it is a field, it's got grass, dirt, three bases, a home plate, dugouts, and a scoreboard, it's also home to one of the top 8 teams in the state! GO HARPETH!

Edited by vrod

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just mad when I heard them yelling at J. White and my brother at first base.

825679157[/snapback]

I don't think it was right for some of the students from Harpeth to tell J. White that he blew the game. It was not one persons fault that we lost we just didn't play well as a team. So some students from Harpeth need to calm down b/c I didn't see them out their playing only talking trash from the sidelines. Goodluck to Harpeth in Memphis.

Congratulations to Milan on 2 great years of baseball, and a good crop of players coming back next year. This team wasn't as deep as last year, but to go through the season and make it to the substate with less than 10 losses is a great accomplishment--I know not what you were looking for, but a great year.

Also, good luck to Harpeth in the state tournament.

I don't think it was right for some of the students from Harpeth to tell J. White that he blew the game. It was not one persons fault that we lost we just didn't play well as a team. So some students from Harpeth need to calm down b/c I didn't see them out their playing only talking trash from the sidelines. Goodluck to Harpeth in Memphis.

825679294[/snapback]

I agree and it was stopped as soon as it was heard by an adult. But fans shouldn't knock someone elses field. These are grown people I'm talking about not kids. Everybody just needs to learn and grow from this whole experience and make the rest of this year and the years to come more enjoyable for all. Good luck to your team and I personally respect your players and know in my heart that this game could have went either way because high school ball can be very unpredictable.

Sounds like 'class' is a 2 way street...........

Chalk it up to emotions. It was a great tournament atmosphere and if the kids aren't into it, they need their pulse checked. Here's a suggestion. Fans for the home team should sit on their side and fans from the visitor's team should sit on the opposite side. That's what I've always done and I haven't had any problems watching and enjoying a game by doing so. I do think we need to hire a Constable or Deputy Sheriff for crowd control in these type games. I heard rude comments from both sides, but many of the Harpeth fans also made positive comments to the Milan team as they left for their bus.

Congratulations to Milan on a fine season and good luck next year. Harpeth gets the winner of Pigeon Forge and Seymour in the first game in the bracket on Tuesday. Go get 'em Indians!

825679294[/snapback]

your right it wasnt only j. white who blew the game it was the whole team. and tell the coach he has a goat comin to visit him. and the parents at milan are very mature for trying to pick a fight with a student from a local school in cheatham co that just played milan. good luck to j white in the near future lookin forward to seeing him play next year :rolleyes:

Sincerely;

A REDNECK FELLA that drives a big truck and dips skoal.

the milan fans got in the middle of the harpeth fans and that is not showing class.the milan fans were very arrogant and never did i hear them congratulate harpeth on a good game and say good luck in the state tournament.all they would say is that jackson south side and covington would beat harpeth.they complained about the officiating and we did not choose the umpires,they were sent from murfreesboro!!! so milan fans learn to be a good loser!!

milan is a good team i was at the game the other night and i heard so many negative comments from their fans never did I hear anything positive. i heard a few parents saying they have already called memphis and booked rooms for the tournament, they were complaining about harpeth not haveing any bathrooms well not all teams are as fortunate as milan harpeths parents, fans, and players all work hard with what they have and why should we put a restroom on the field if the school isnt even a 100 yrds away, they were also complaining about harpeths playing facility just exactly was wrong with the field? and parents from milan trying to start fights with students whats going on there? i also noticed that milan fans were sitting in the middle of the harpeth section and if you are complaining about our fans WHY DO YOU SIT IN THE MIDDLE OF THEM if i am not mistaken milan had 3 sets of bleachers and harpeth had 2 and i saw plenty of seats on the milan section that were open. but absolutly non of the players were unsportsmanlike. good luck with next year milan. and the next time you want to come on here and start saying that harpeth has no class remember that its just a game for the KIDS and not a boxing area for the adults vs. students. you need to realize that not everyone is as perfect as MILAN FANS. good luck to the milan bulldogs next year. Jonathon White heck of a game on the hill. good luck to harpeth in the state.

Guest milan06

I was at the game, too. Congratulations to Harpeth on the win, thanks for the hospitality, and good luck at the state tournament. I've taken the loss, and I'm ready to move on.

Here's a secret to middle TN people, Milan fans always complain about everyone else being classless and bad sports, but I have yet to be around fans that as a whole act worse than Milan fans. If you don't bow down and worship the Bulldogs at every step in every sport, then you are classless. Just wait until Milan/Hintingdon this fall in football if you think this is bad.

I feel bad for the kid that made the error becasue I know that has to hurt, but I had a hearty laugh because of their fans when I saw they lost.