Fair Play

apparentlely there is no right answer to this.  TSSAA has added a mulitiplier to move all the privates up to AA.  So single A will be wide open to all.  Good luck to all next year.

825681401[/snapback]

Uh, not all privates are moving up. JCS out of Jackson will still be single A and will be a favorite to win it all in baseball in '06.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the vein of deciding that someone has an unfair advantage, I have decided that the Chattanooga area needs to be split off into its own division. After all, 8 area teams in the Fling in Softball alone??? DOMINANCE...must be an unlevel playing field as this area consistently sends many softball teams to the finals. I would say a 1.8 or so is appropriate...

Trinity Christian Academy (now playing in the spring fling with the rest of the 7 of 8 private schools in single A softball) remains single A next year. And they are playing with a VERY young team.

825681865[/snapback]

Actually, University School of Johnson City is a public school. So it is 6 of 8.

Get rid of all the classes, have a true state championship.  We play mostly against AAA through the season anyway.  Don't mind taking the lumps, as long as we get better.

825682547[/snapback]

Are you kidding! Leave the classes alone and Private schools make their own divisions separate from Public. A lot of Private supporters keep saying that separation is not fair or right. So I ask again what is the difference, you are already separated from Public Educationally. If Public school system is not good enough for you then why should our sports be any different??? If you want to play Public Sports again then go back to the Public School system use your money to improve it and make it better. If not then go your separate ways educationally and athletically. What do you think about that???? thumb thumb

Are you kidding!  Leave the classes alone and Private schools make their own divisions separate from Public.  A lot of Private supporters keep saying that separation is not fair or right.  So I ask again what is the difference, you are already separated from Public Educationally.  If Public school system is not good enough for you then why should our sports be any different???  If you want to play Public Sports again then go back to the Public School system use your money to improve it and make it better.  If not then go your separate ways educationally and athletically.  What do you think about that???? thumb  thumb

825682558[/snapback]

I think I have heard of this concept before...let's see, a Governor of Alabama maybe...

Oh, yeah, "Seperate but equal", or "They aren't like us so we shouldn't have to associate with them". No, wait, surely not.

But hey, why not, separate leagues where there has always been one. Seperate shopping malls, and churches, and water fountains, and restrooms...oh, wait, you say that isn't the way to go? I couldn't agree more.

BTW, parents who send their kids to private schools DO support the public schools...just as much as you do. We all do...because we all pay for them with our taxes. In fact, I would bet that on average the parents of kids who go to privates pay far MORE money for the public schools than most public school kids. So, if we are gonna seperate I think the parents of private school kids shouldn't have to pay to support the publics. Oh, wait, you wouldn't like that would ya? Now who wants to have their cake and eat it too?

Truth is the publics and privates have always played athletics together, it was always ok, until some privates got good and started winning consistently. When you ask somebody to play a game with you as long as you smash them and then when they start winning you try to force them out it isn't about fair, it is about something else not quite as noble.

Are you kidding!  Leave the classes alone and Private schools make their own divisions separate from Public.  A lot of Private supporters keep saying that separation is not fair or right.  So I ask again what is the difference, you are already separated from Public Educationally.  If Public school system is not good enough for you then why should our sports be any different???  If you want to play Public Sports again then go back to the Public School system use your money to improve it and make it better.  If not then go your separate ways educationally and athletically.  What do you think about that???? thumb  thumb

825682558[/snapback]

Use my money to better public schools hahahaha. I am already taxed to death by purcell and i do not even use thier schools. So I can have a say because every person that sends their kids to private school STILL pays taxes to support public schools. Let us stop paying taxes, and i would be happy to go to our own little private world. and the funny thing is that the state of TN is putting out $10,200 per student, and thier schools are still failing. I give 5500 a year and i get smaller and safer classes. Wake up public school people, you are paying private prices you are just not getting any return for your buck. You do not hear any of the good public schools whining about the privates, just he ones that can't get it done.

PS hey isn't this board fun? :lol:

I think I have heard of this concept before...let's see, a Governor of Alabama maybe...

Oh, yeah, "Seperate but equal", or "They aren't like us so we shouldn't have to associate with them".  No, wait, surely not.

But hey, why not, separate leagues where there has always been one.  Seperate shopping malls, and churches, and water fountains, and restrooms...oh, wait, you say that isn't the way to go?  I couldn't agree more.

BTW, parents who send their kids to private schools DO support the public schools...just as much as you do.  We all do...because we all pay for them with our taxes.  In fact, I would bet that on average the parents of kids who go to privates pay far MORE money for the public schools than most public school kids.  So, if we are gonna seperate I think the parents of private school kids shouldn't have to pay to support the publics.  Oh, wait, you wouldn't like that would ya?  Now who wants to have their cake and eat it too? 

Truth is the publics and privates have always played athletics together, it was always ok, until some privates got good and started winning consistently.  When you ask somebody to play a game with you as long as you smash them and then when they start winning you try to force them out it isn't about fair, it is about something else not quite as noble.

825682637[/snapback]

Good Point!! Let's all quit paying taxes on the Public School system. Let's just get rid of it! It's not working for me so I'm going to send my kid to the local Private School. Hold up I don't have enough money to send my kid to the Private school. Where will my kid go to school. Oh well I guess he can work out in the field.

People like you make me proud to be an American! thumb

If no one had to pay taxes that went to the Public School system then there would be No Public School System. No Free Education for all. Good Idea! Do away with it. Then only the Upper Middle and Upper Class citizens can send their kids to school. The Lower Middle to Lower Class citizens kids.....well who cares!

Do you support Communism?? No I'm not saying all who attend Private schools I'm just talking to anyone who believes this S#$T! That's what other countries do. Only the rich get education while the others serve the rich.

Also I doubt you get taxed more than me. Rich people don't get taxed more than everyone else. So get out of here with that crap! I'm an American that believes in all kids Rich or Poor. I think they all deserve the same opportunities. Don't you?? heck I'll pay more taxes to keep that for "ALL" the children of this great NATION that provides EDUCATION for "ALL"! It's called the American Dream! Apparantly your grand parents found it now you want to get rid of it for everyone else. COOL GUY!!! Hold your head high!!! thumb thumb