TSSAA bias against USJ?

necvol

I would like to know if any other teams were told by the umpires (who were specifically instructed to tell USJ's Coach by the TSSAA) that their team had to stop celebrating by the dugout players meeting players with high fives etc. on their way back to the dugout. The umpires told our Coach that the bench players could not even leave the dugout to congratulate a player after a homerun.

IMO, the above is absurd and I'm guessing that USJ is the only team that recieved such instructions from the officials.

I would like to know if any other Coaches/teams were instructed to stop leaving the dugout to congratulate players from their own team after big plays.

My primary point was not to sound like I was crying. We would have won even if USJ was targeted and I'm still not convinced that the rule wasn't instated because of the spirited way that our team has played all year. I would guess that some of the teams we defeated cried to the officials that our approach to the game intimidated their players and thus the rule was created (USJ is the only teams that I saw all year that left the dugout to congratulate every player for a positive play).

825683672[/snapback]

As usual, the world revolves around the people of USJ.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know if any other teams were told by the umpires (who were specifically instructed to tell USJ's Coach by the TSSAA) that their team had to stop celebrating by the dugout players meeting players with high fives etc. on their way back to the dugout. The umpires told our Coach that the bench players could not even leave the dugout to congratulate a player after a homerun.

IMO, the above is absurd and I'm guessing that USJ is the only team that recieved such instructions from the officials. The TSSAA needs to remember who these events are for-THE PLAYERS. It has always been tradition for players to leave the dugout to greet players that have made big plays and I sure hope the TSSAA is not headed toward taking away a lot of the fun of the game.

I would like to know if any other Coaches/teams were instructed to stop leaving the dugout to congratulate players from their own team after big plays.

825683672[/snapback]

Obviously TSSAA is out to get ya! I think they will be bringing you to your knees next year when you go to 2aa . You better be happy they don't slap you into the same league with the private schools out of Memphis and Nashville, then you would really be crying - instead of crying about how you are treated in the state you will be crying that you never get there. TSSAA has protected you long enough.

so let me get this straight, you feel as if there is some dark conspiracy cooked up in some dark dank hall way at the tssaa central office to get usj, and you think the best that tssaa could come up with, was stop the kids at usj from celebrating and there whole season will fall apart and that somehow would make the usj kids unalbe to pitch or hit or field or anything

makes sense to me lol, i think your on to something, i think we should start an investigation things like this should not be allowed to continue the injustice of it all

so let me get this straight, you feel as if there is some dark conspiracy cooked up in some dark dank hall way at the tssaa central office to get usj, and you think the best that tssaa could come up with, was stop the kids at usj from celebrating and there whole season will fall apart and that somehow would make the usj kids unalbe to pitch or hit or field or anything 

makes sense to me lol, i think your on to something, i think we should start an investigation things like this should not be allowed to continue  the injustice of it all

825685315[/snapback]

Another failed attempt :)<_< by the TSSAA to keep USJ from winning the State Championship. What will they try next year to prevent USJ from taking it all in AA? :P

Edited by Old Timer

IMO, the above is absurd and I'm guessing that USJ is the only team that recieved such instructions from the officials. The TSSAA needs to remember who these events are for-THE PLAYERS. It has always been tradition for players to leave the dugout to greet players that have made big plays and I sure hope the TSSAA is not headed toward taking away a lot of the fun of the game.

825683672[/snapback]

GET A LIFE !!!!

I am sick and tired of all of these teams walking around with a chip on their shoulder.... You won... Your the State Champions.... "For Now"....

makes sense to me lol, i think your on to something, i think we should start an investigation things like this should not be allowed to continue  the injustice of it all

825685315[/snapback]

No, the best the TSSAA could come up with is the 1.8 multiplier. It is a fact that the multiplier idea originated from Collinwood and was specifically aimed at USJ. There are quotes from a Collinwood official that prove the above without a shadow of a doubt.

If USJ was the reason that the multiplier was initiated, how can it be so far-fetched that any new rule could be made up to specifically target a particular school.

Anyone who thinks stopping a team from celebrating (when they have done it all year) couldn't have a negative impact on the team's play doesn't understand that momentum & rhythm are extremely important in baseball. Anything that can be done to disrubt a team's established routine can greatly impact their play. Good Coaches do things all the time that are specifically done for no other reason than to get the other team out of it's rhythm/routine.

Sounds like all teams were given the same instructions but I still would like to know what/who initiated the idea of limiting the amount of "spirit/enthusiasm" a team can show during a game. What does the rule accomplish? As long as it's a dead ball, let the kids have fun!!!