Who the best Male Golfer this year

timbdp

Tyler Cassetty should win the A/AA state this year.  This kid can absolutely play.  He is a great kid and has trememndous respect for the game of golf.  I'm pretty sure he cant drive the ball 350+ like an earlier post said, but he does hit it a long way.  300 sounds a little better.  the kid has an outstanding shortgame also.

825709333[/snapback]

Good post about Tyler, he is a great kid and he's only a junior! He will play D-1 golf for sure. He has the whole package and a great attitude which makes him even tougher. He was by far the longest driver at the school days tournament in which he won, he hits it 320+ and i have seen him drive it further than 350. If you are familiar with Overton Counties course, we teed off on #4 the par five, in a tournament playing from all the way back in the "schutte" and he hit it so far it went out of bounds in #5 fairway down by the #5 tee box! Thats a long way. This past summer he drove #7 green there and that too is a long way, but not only that he has the short game to go with it and the putting. People can post what they want but in the end they'll have to beat him to win it. Good luck to all. thumb

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kent basile is gonna be the best male golfer in eastern tennessee

825707827[/snapback]

I still think Coughlin will be the best male golfer in East Tennessee, especially since I hear Basile transferred to Alcoa or Maryville and is not playing golf.

Not sure why? as I think he has alot of potential and would have to be right up there with Alex. Does anyone know where he went and what he is playing? I herd he might be playing football ?

Where did John Monor go and why is he not at Jeff? Alex if he keeps his head on

should be the class of the IMAC and East Tennessee.

Edited by ScoutOne4U

If this Cates kid is so good, why isn't he nationally ranked? He needs to get out there and show his stuff on one of the junior tours: SJGT, USJGT, AJGA, etc. They have events all year long, and especially the SJGT and USJGT are not too tough to get in to. If he's as good as you say, he'll have no problem getting a national ranking. HIGH SCHOOL GOLF ALONE WILL NOT EVEN GET YOU A LOOK BY ANY COLLEGE COACH, LET ALONE A COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP (and you can forget about the PGA). Regular 9-hole high school matches are essentially meaningless in the junior golf world. You gotta go up against some real competition, man!

Nathan Cates from Polk County will be the best golfer in the state by far. He is only a junior and is already driving the ball 350 yards on a consistent basis. I have only seen him make par on one hole.  He birdied and eagled on all of the other ones.  There is no doubt, if he keeps his body healthy, that he will be on the PGA when he is done with high school.

825690046[/snapback]

I hope you intended this as a joke. If not, you need some serious help.

Guest thedragon
I think TNExpress is talking about himself.......He's trying to make himself sound like a superstar

825694649[/snapback]

Why would someone wont to get on here and make joke of theirselves. but no joke if you play anywhere around Polk or Bradley County you will probably hear some noise from Cates. and also Polk hasnt had a golf team in almost 3 years or so, so let up he is going to dominate.

Several names are being left out big time, Jack Belote, Jason Millard, Lexus Keonith, Johnathan Fly, Kyle Cothron, are several that haven't been mentioned. Jack Belote and Jason Millard are two of the best. Belote just won a 54 hole tourney on USJGT at Wyndyke in Memphis by 17 strokes (he was also 17 under par after 3 days). And Jason won Westfield this year shooting a 36 hole total of 5 under par on the very tough layout at Legacy of Springfield. Keonith is also VERY good and will be great. I have to agree though that Tyler Cassetty is if not the one of the best players in this state, he hits the ball a mile, and his wedge game is second to none all thanks to his hard work ethic and teaching pro Johnny Warren who has helped him go from real good to great in past 2 years.

Why would someone wont to get on here and make joke of theirselves.  but no joke if you play anywhere around Polk or Bradley County you will probably hear some noise from Cates.  and also Polk hasnt had a golf team in almost 3 years or so, so let up he is going to dominate.

825716969[/snapback]

I'm sure he's good but I doubt he's PGA material..........

I still think Coughlin will be the best male golfer in East Tennessee, especially since I hear  Basile transferred to Alcoa or Maryville and is not playing golf.

Not sure why? as I think he has alot of potential  and would have to be right up there with Alex. Does anyone know where he went and what he is playing? I herd he might be playing football ?

Where did John Monor go and why is he not at Jeff? Alex if he keeps his head on

should be the class of the IMAC and East Tennessee.

825709943[/snapback]

Kent Basile is at Maryville and not even playing golf and John Minor is in Florida Both of them would be contenders otherwise