Who's the best player to come out of your school?

bhsOL

Ti-Ta,

I was looking at state records on the TSSAA website and here is what I found:

Ralph King holds the record for:

most rushing TD's in a season--43

most rushing TD's in a career--95 

Plus he's 2nd all time for TD's in a career--97

he's 2nd all time for TD's in a season--48

he's 3rd all time for rushing yards in a season--2,647

he's 4th all time for TD's in one game--8

he's 8th all time for rushing yards in a carrer--5,784

And Gerald Riggs isn't even listed in any of the lists.

825696285[/snapback]

Gerald Riggs carried the ball about half as many times as did Ralph " The Mouth King" if Gerald had touched the ball as often as Ralph did Gerald would have had better stats than Ralph. But, lets put all of that to the side and get to the real head to hesd issue. When Red Bank played Riverdale for the state title in 2000

Ralph did nothing, other than the one touchdown he had in the first half. He had less than 80 yards for the entire game. Riggs had over 200 yards for the game and was MVP and I know this because I was there. Second point, Ralph can barely cut it at MTSU and probably won't ever start. Riggs had over 1100 yards at UT last year and is everybody's preseason choice as 1st team all SEC this year, and is rated by almost every magazine as one of the top four backs in the entire

nation. Also, on top of all of this, will be a top draft choice in next years draft.

So, put it this way comparing Ralph The Mouth with Riggs is like comparing Mighty Mouse to Superman their is no comparison. Like I have already said time and time again Ralph King can't hold Gerald Riggs jock strap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Riggs is a better back, I was just listing some #'s for you. Ralph is one of the quietest people I know so why do you call him the "mouth?" One reason Ralph isn't starting right now is because he sat out of football for almost 3 years before deciding to play again. You need to get your mouth out of Gerald Riggs's jock strap and quit saying Ralph couldn't hold it. You're acting like a jerk by insulting Ralph behind his back for NO REASON AT ALL. You should really think about finding a new hobby other than getting on the internet and argueing with people who aren't even half your age. Maybe you should go play some Bingo or something.

By the way, I found out today that Riggs might not even be eligible this year. He has one chance to make up a class this summer or else he can't play.

Edited by bhsOL

I saw Gerald Riggs in the Semi-Finals game against Dobyns-Bennett in 2000 and he was the real deal even back then.... That was the worst mix of cold and wet that I have ever seen and DB had a really good back that year in Adonis Johnson who had run all over Oak Ridge the week before.... well the rain slowed Adonis down and didn't seem to phaze Riggs at all.... I was amazed at how good he was

Hey ya'll, King and Riggs may well be the respective best from their schools (HS). That's all this is about. I DO know who Gerald Riggs is but, sorry, I never heard of King. Even that doesn't make one better than the other.

They may well be the best from their schools. I posted that the BEST player from Huntingdon was Tim Priest even though I'm not from Huntingdon (I'm from just down the road and our BEST was George Abernathy). Someone from there might have a different opinion even though no-one has disputed that call yet.

No doubt, both King and Riggs were great backs in HS and They got the nod from their schools so that's it! End of story!

Just for the record, there is a kid playing at Huntingdon right now that has a shot at replacing Priest as their best ever. We will see!!!!!

I agree that Riggs is a better back, I was just listing some #'s for you.  Ralph is one of the quietest people I know so why do you call him the "mouth?"  One reason Ralph isn't starting right now is because he sat out of football for almost 3 years before deciding to play again.  You need to get your mouth out of Gerald Riggs's jock strap and quit saying Ralph couldn't hold it.  You're acting like a jerk by insulting Ralph behind his back for NO REASON AT ALL.  You should really think about finding a new hobby other than getting on the internet and argueing with people who aren't even half your age.  Maybe you should go play some Bingo or something.

By the way, I found out today that Riggs might not even be eligible this year.  He has one chance to make up a class this summer or else he can't play.

825696602[/snapback]

I've got your jock strap "ah" hanging. :P