THE TOUGHEST DIVISION IS 5-5A who u think will win

HLHS

Okay, yeah, it may be the most competative within 5-5a, but no further than that. I agree that it will be hard to predict, but to say that Hendersonville and Gallatin will finish dead last is ludacris. Also to say that 5-5a teams could be in the top ten is another rediculous comment. MAYBE antioch in preseason polls, but at the end of the season, 5-5a teams will not be found in the top ten. HLHS, give me some names and some stats. When I read your comments, all you write about is RB RB RB QB QB QB RB RB QB QB...........and then I get lost. Everyone has a RB and a QB, but its about more than that.....OL DL DB's etc.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HLHS, I know metro schools have plenty of talent in the likes of Preston Brown, Crutcher, and so on, but let's not forget the talent that hendersonville and gallatin have as well. HHS has Sawyer at Rb, and he is one of the best in the midstate. GHS Rb is very good as well (name?). Both of these teams also have plenty of experience coming back this year. So for you to say that the metro teams will walk over hhs and ghs and that one of them won't even be in the playoffs is ridiculous. kinda funny actually. we know what happened in last year's games, so there's no point in bringing up last year's results because we all know how much things change each year. Just don't undermind the talent of HHS and GHS and say that metro is far superior because it's not true. I'd say the talent is equal.

p.s.- It also helps to use periods and capitalization when you type. When I read your posts, It gives me a headache.

Edited by Defense10

First of all, it is apparent that my old school has special ed and "HLHS", you must be riding the short bus to school. Man are you embarassing. You make the Warriors look bad. Seriously, stay off the computer and break out your Grammar book, or change your screen name, PLEASE! Also, to put Gallatin and Hendersonville down is ignorant. Both have quality programs.

As for 5-5A, the region will be very competitive, but probably not the best in the state. There are no weak teams. All 8 teams have a legit shot at the playoffs. The new teams to the region, Overton and Hillwood, are somewhat of a mystery. Both had good seasons last year, now how will they adjust to 5A? As for the returning teams, last year McGavock was first, followed by Gallatin, Hunters Lane, and Antioch. Hendersonville was probably the best team in the state not to make the playoffs, and Glencliff had a solid season and best team they've had in a while.

The only "automatic win" team last year was Beech, and they have moved down to 4A. The teams that are the most consistent every week will be the teams playing in the playoffs.

If I had to predict an order of finish, my guess is:

1. Hendersonville

2. Hunters Lane

3. Gallatin

4. McGavock

5. Antioch

6. Overton

7. Hillwood

8. Glencliff

first of all in in horors classes and i graduated to the next grade passing my grammar class and hunnalane can you even spell your school name .you make yourself look bad you need hooked on phonics you must have graduated with a special-ed diploma,but it is good that you think that HL will make the playoffs and im not hating its just you guys are stck on GHS AND HHS they are not the only teams in this region that are good and neither of them has won the region for the past 2 years ,and you need to check GHS players who knows they might do what they tried to do 2 years ago and get a ineligible player ,but once again all im saying is stop being stuck on just two teams and look at the rest

first of all in in horors classes and i graduated to the next grade passing my grammar class and hunnalane can you even spell your school name .you make yourself look bad you need hooked on phonics you must have graduated with a special-ed diploma,but it is good that you think that HL will make the playoffs and im not hating its just you guys are stck on GHS AND HHS they are not the only teams in this region that are good and neither of them has won the region for the past 2 years ,and you need to check GHS players who knows they might do what they tried to do 2 years ago and get a ineligible player ,but once again all im saying is stop being stuck on just two teams and look at the rest

825691047[/snapback]

Somebody please tell me what this says. I have never seen anyone stutter when they type. And HL offers HORROR classes? AWESOME!!!

Edited by Fuggly63

its just you guys are stck on GHS AND HHS they are not the only teams in this region that are good and neither of them has won the region for the past 2 years ,and you need to check GHS players who knows they might do what they tried to do 2 years ago and get a ineligible player ,but once again all im saying is stop being stuck on just two teams and look at the rest

825691047[/snapback]

I wouldn't say everyone here is stuck on Hendersonville and Gallatin. It's just that people (almost everyone except you) realize that they always have quality programs and are always in contention to win the region. We aren't overlooking any metro teams, it's just that we know our facts. Most people predict HHS and GHS in the playoffs b/c they know those 2 teams are always near the top.

Well HLHS I want to say as much as we are going to disagree on the outcome of the season, I have to applaud your passion for your team. I believe if more metro fans and players gave as much enthusiasm as you do for your team that many more metro teams would be a force to reckon with on the state level not just a region level. I still think a sumner co. team will win the region. Know that Gallatin doesn't expect any metro team to role over and play dead. We know we will get a game no matter which team we play. It will be a big year for 5-5A and 1-5A both semis will have to go thru those regions somewhere down the line.

825691047[/snapback]

WHOA WHOA WHOA my friend!!!!! I would suggest you keep your comments to yourself about any supposed infraction against Gallatin! That is in the past and we all have been in lengthy discussions about that way before you got your membership on here.

Now back to the subject at hand. HLHS you base all of your facts on one game 2 years ago that Crutcher was QB in. Due to them coming up to Gallatin (on a bad week) and beating Gallatin, you have made us all just worry nonstop. We shudder at the thought of ya'll coming up here to destroy us again. Please dude.

Fact: Hunters Lane beat Gallatin 2 years ago.

Fact: Hunters Lane then turned right around and lost their next 2 games

Fact: Hunters Lane and McGavock are the only teams in metro to beat Gallatin in 5-5A

Fact: Hunters Lane should be happy about that win because it was the first time a metro team had beaten Gallatin since 1984!!

Fact: If Gallatin hadn't had TSSAA issues that year we STILL would have won the region title

Fact: to answer your question HLHS we won the region title in 02' and was runnerup to Hendersonville in 01'

Fact: Gallatin has gone to the semifinals more times than Hunters Lane has won playoff games.

Fact: Gallatin is still the team to beat in this region!!!!

Now since we have some people from metro on here...lets give ya'll some hype. Hunters Lane with Crutcher should be a real tough team. He was very good a couple of years ago. Antioch still should be the class of Metro. Brown will be very tough. He is a good runner and like was stated before, he doesn't have to look over his shoulder this year. Brown will be right their with Sawyers as the best backs in the region. Hillwood will be good but with no spring practice and the move to 5A will be hard on them. McGavock running that shotgun wing-t will be hard to defend but they shouldn't surprise anyone this year. Broome looks to be getting some of the athletes out for football. Hence, they won't be a bottom feeder for awhile. Overton, well I hear that they have some talent returning but I know nothing officially. Like it or not 5-A is tougher than the 4-A region that they came from so I look for the going to be harder for them. Glencliff was better last year but they still can't compete with the big boys.

Personally I hope you stay on here HLHS. You are in for a huge reality check come Fall.

Keep putting Hillwood down near the end of the region, and you will be very dissapointed, to put Hillwood near the end of the region is crazy, with our monster line, we have 3 300 pounders on that line, includin a 6'5 315 lineman transfer from Georgia. And with Antonio Lewis running behind them, and don't worry we will have a very athletic QB back there, even if it turns out to be Jared Clodfelter. And if you are thinkin 4th quarter might become a problem with the big guys think again, the coaches at Hillwood are running the team like crazy this summer. You can keep putting this team down, but i guarantee you that Hillwood will be in the playoffs, its a promise.