WHO YOU THINK WILL BE THE BEST QB

HLHS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zack Helton is this year IMO. I remember playing against him in a 2002 scrimmage and not believing he was a freshman, he didn`t play like one. Jeff Co scrimmage Knox Central again last fall and Helton had only gotten better.

I`m hearing a lot about this kid at DB who is suppose to be a stud, can`t wait to see for myself when DB comes calling week 3.

For any doubters that Drew Hayes is one of the top...

http://memphis.Unapproved Website/content.asp?CID=421845

That should get rid of those doubts real quick. The kid is a hard worker with great work ethic and tremendous talent. He can throw the ball a country mile, and if the rest of his team forms this year, he should have an incredible senior season.

Drew Hayes and Joei Fiegler are the best, no doubt. Look on Rivals, how many QB's in the state have at least 5 offers like Fiegler or Hayes. They are the only pro- style QB's, besides T.C. Jennings, on the site from TN. Now most people are like "it's just a website, they're just rankings based on a few people's knowledge", well Rivals tends to know what they're talking about. I've seen both of these QB's plus many of the others people have named on here, and they've impressed me more than the rest.

What makes a good quarterback? Passing ability? Running ability? Strong arm? Smarts? Leadership? Does he have to be tall? Does he have to possess all of the mentioned traits? I know that even division three college teams recruit QBs who are over six feet tall.

I think some of the factors that make a good quarterback are a good offensive line in front of him, good running backs behind him and good receivers downfield.

Yeah, I am a firm believer that a quarterback must have all of the aforementioned traits above. When you reply to this topic, you need to take all those things in consideration, and if a qb lacks in one of those areas, he must be able to make up for it in another area.

Yeah, I am a firm believer that a quarterback must have all of the aforementioned traits above.  When you reply to this topic, you need to take all those things in consideration, and if a qb lacks in one of those areas, he must be able to make up for it in another area.

825688523[/snapback]

Think back to pee wee football, junior high, etc. Most of the coaches chose the best athlete on the team to be the quarterback. If I was a coach, I would want a good athlete who was smart at the position. I would want the best athlete on the team at either running back or receiver. Unless you are running the option, when the quarterback hands the ball off, he is out of the play.

I know that college coaches will recruit quarterbacks and make defensive backs or receivers out of them, because usually they have the physical and mental ability to play these positions. Example: Back in the 60s, Tim Priest played QB for Huntingdon. I bet Priest did not throw 50 passes during his career, as Huntingdon ran the ball 90% of the time. Priest was an effective runner, but when UT recruited him, he became a DB. I believe he still holds the SEC record for interceptions either in a game or a season---been too long to remember.