Tennessee-Georgia All-Star Game

Pioneerman

I will also try to be as careful as possible-

I agree mostly with SR35. Not sure about the Skogen thing, they threw one to him in the endzone that a Kentucky signee would have caught. Maybe thats why he will play basketball at Mercer.

Skogen looked like a tooth pick in his uniform. Don't get me wrong, I do think he is a good player especially on the hard court. I would have liked to see him play with the big boys this year. I went to the game to see him play with superior talent. They did not throw to him therefor I didnt get what I paid for.

You are correct, Akins had no business throwing and playing 8 positions. (a bit of an exageration)

I also agree with BNL, there was alot of Temple bias in that post.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, there was Temple Bias in my post, I admit that with no strings attached.

SEcond, I talked to some guys who went to every practice and stick man or not, he destroyed them, even one of the coaches Fant I think his name is said Skogan was the best there and they couldn't cover him, but then again they couldn't cover anyone from Ga either.

Third, I did not say that Boyd's coaches are bad play callers IN THE SEASON I am saying for an all star game it was bad...really bad. But then again, if you are going to play the Aikens kid at QB then you are not going to be able to throw. Many teams get away with being one dimensional during season but at this level there usually needs to be some balance and there wasn't. The Boyd Coaches are A+ people and A+ coaches, that is why a C job from them on Saturday night stood out.

First, as coaches we will always take the heat...it is our job. The kids worked hard and gave their best. I was one of the secondary coaches. We had some breakdowns and I take full responsibility for them. I'm sure all the other coaches would say the same thing.

Second, it always amazes me that people who are in the stands are so much smarter than the coaches...especially when there is a loss. I have often campaigned for headphones for the fans so they can let us know the 'obvious' stuff we are missing...

Third, after the game one of the Georgia coaches came up to us and said that he was surprised that number 11 hadn't been in more. Talked about how tough and good he was. Coach Akins thanked him and then said that 11 was his son. The coach hadn't known.

Fourth, the recievers were in a rotation. I dunno who threw to whom, but I can say that they all rotated in and out. If one didn't catch many or any balls, well, that happens sometimes. These were all allstars...on both sides of the ball.

Finally, the score at half was 16 to 7. We had 2 turnovers in the first half to their 0. They put together 1 scoring drive in the second half. We had 3 turnovers to their 1. The last score was late in the 4th on a desperation pass (22 to 7 Game at the time) that they intercepted...final 29 to 7. It was a much closer game than the score indicated. Turnovers were the primary difference, although to give GA their due they were crunching us pretty good in the line and causing them. In an allstar game the team that takes care of the ball usually wins.

Kudos to the Tennessee players who never quit. Kudos to the Georgia players and coaches who won.

Baldcoach is exactly right. And that is what makes a good coach, he is willing to take the heat and willing to deflect the praise to his kids. Leadership knows that, accepts it and is not bitter nor found making excuses. That is why Boyd is a class program and will be as long as the current leadership is in place. Temple fans, of which I am one, like anyone else, wants to see their kids do well. This might be more important for a program like ours for a couple of reasons: A. We are so young. B. Very few people have much good to say about us and most posts are negative about our individual talent. It is always "they don't play anyone" Or, if they were on a REAL team those kids would be average", etc. etc. So the kids, understandably want to do something about it and want to defend their buds. Caleb had a great year playing football and they couldn't or didn't get the ball to him Saturday, fine...its over. The game's purpose goes beyond the game...and coaches that understand that are the kind of coaches you want your sons playing for.

Call the game what ever. Stump Martin started the game to give kids that may not go to college an all-star game. Yet Greg Smith of Tyner played last year, the Va. Tech signee played this year . Players are already talking about it for next year. No one is talking about the East West game.They have had a bigger attendence than the TN East-West game. You have to live in this area to understand this game. Vision is what started this game. Also the kid from Polk County was great.

Caleb is not good enough to play receiver at Kentucky

he is good, but that is pushing it

825691050[/snapback]

Well your wrong. They said they would offer him a scholarship after his first year in which he would redshirt. And the next year he would have one. The only reason he didnt get to have one goin into this year was bc they already signed there 25 signees.

I love it how people talk and dont know what the freak their talking about.

Edited by bigbody1220

As a Tyner fan, glad to see Josef Rutley scored. Also as a Tyner fan sorry the TN team only put 7 points on the board. Was the running game shut down, or was the passing just that bad? That much talent on a team, seems we should have scored more. Yes I know we were playing the best defense from GA. Just seems like the offense didn't show up