• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knoxville area coverage:

WNML (formerly WNOX) does a game of the week on AM 990, FM 99.1 and FM 99.3

WRJZ covers Powell High at AM 620

FM 93.5 has a Blount County Game of the Week

AM 1470 covers primarily Maryville and Alcoa

AM 1290 has been the station for Oak Ridge sports for years, but that is in jeopardy pending a sale/non-sale of the station

AM 1400 covered William Blount last year. Not sure if they will this year or not. They are in the same situation as 1290, same ownership group trying to sell the stations.

AM 730 covers Lenior City High

Fulton has a non-comm station that broadcasts it's games. I believe it is at 90 point something, FM

Campbell County has a station that broadcasts their games at 104.9 FM

Clinton is on AM 1380, WYSH

WSEV covers Sevier County High, I believe it is at AM 930

There are others, but those are the stations that come to mind.

In the Knoxville area:

WKCS 91.1 FM in Knoxville will again carry all Fulton High games. I hope to have a Internet stream in the future. (Maybe in July we will re-air some classic Fulton football and basketball games from the last 10 years. Stay Tuned.)

WLIL AM-730 in Lenoir City will carry all the Lenoir City games with Glenn McNish. Glenn has broadcast LC football for well over 35 years. We think that this is the longest that anyone has broadcast for just one team in the state!

WLNT 96.1 FM in Loudon carries all of the Loudon High games. They have a website that plays all their games live then as a loop. I believe it is www.redskinradio.com

I think WKZX 93.5 in Maryville will carry Blount Co. games again this year. They might also have their "Thursday Night Football Forecast" show.

The "Sports Animal" 990AM, 99.1, 99.3 FM carries the Knoxville game of the week with John Wilkerson.

There are several other great stations that carry games in this area. Make sure that you support them by tuning in this fall. I believe that radio broadcasts are an important part of the High School football experience.

In Charlotte, home of the Creek Wood Red Hawks, Radio coverage is provided by WQSE AM1030 or online at www.tngospel.com. They use a variety of announcers and also cover boy's and girl's hoops and selected baseball and softball games. They also host a weekly coaches show or two during the school year at McDonald's in White Bluff and Carl"s Perfect Pig. We at CW thank them for everything they do for our fine school. Peace-OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that Oak Ridge has an awsome job of covering HS sports on WATO 1290 AM. Clinton is covered by WYSH 1380 AM.

Does anyone else have any radio stations that provide coverage to HS Football?

825687246[/snapback]

mustanglogob3.jpg

David Lipscomb High School Football is carried on WAMB AM 1160 in Nashville. The Mustangfanpage.com carries the radio feed live over the internet. Pregame shows starts 30 minutes before kickoff. WAMB also carries "This Week in Mustang Football". A 15 minute spotlight on Monday evenings.

Edited by vandy1

Vandy1 stated it before I could. The Lipscomb Radio Network does an awesome job of covering the Mustangs as well as their region counterparts each week. New faces to cover this year with the move to 3A. From pre-game to post-game as well as the Weekly "This Week in Mustang Football," the crew does exceptional work!