Who is the best QB in Knoxville area?

SS55

Cody is a good little QB, but he is not D-1 material.  HTV you probably already know that don't You?  There is no way he can play DB or WR at a D-1 school.  He would probably be able to do that at Eastern Ky, maybe.    Matt Lowe was a very Physical type player.  He signed with MTSU before they became D-1.  He did make the change to WR, and had 3 great years there.  I think he still holds many records there.  But Cody is no Matt Lowe.  Although he is a good player.  I do wish him muck luck this year though.

825688005[/snapback]

I appreciate your opinion, but D1-A coaches simply don't agree with you. Cody has been invited to prospect camps at Bama, UT, Louisville, and Ohio State. Louisville and Ohio State are actively recruiting Cody. I guess those coaches forgot to consult you, right? ;)

Cody's not in Matt's league? That's not what Matt has told me several times. Cody broke a couple of Matt's Powell records last year.

Again, read what I posted: Watts isn't a D-1A prospect as a quarterback. He is being recruited as an "athlete". Do you know what that means?

Edited by HTV

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MM, he knows he's wrong  B)  .  C'mon FBE...it won't hurt to admit Helton is the best in KNOXVILLE....Knoxville don't include MARYVILLE.  We all know the best QB in E. TN is whoever is being coached by GQ  B)

In all seriousness, I ride Zach hard, but he is, without doubt, the best QB in Knoxville.  Cody is a very close second.  Cody is a MUCH better scrambler.  Zach is a better all around product and that's why he get's my vote.

825688087[/snapback]

OK, OK Helton is the best in Knoxville, there I said it. But really I think Watts from Powell is the better QB. What got me going is some saying ZH was the best in the state! I think not! Good luck to him but I think this will be his last year of football as a player.

Burnette grew up in Halls and played there thru the 8th grade.  His family has moved to the Maryville zone.

825688459[/snapback]

Have they moved yet? I know that was the plan, but they still lived in Halls during Brent's freshman year. They paid the tuition required for him to attend Maryville last year.

Edited by HTV

I still find it hard to believe that Watts would be looked at over a 6'2" Athlete that runs a 4.3 or 4.4. Especially at Louisville, and The Ohio State. He is a geat kid, and a good athlete. The difference in Matt and Cody-- Matt would pick a fight with a 6'4" 240 lb. man, and have the guy scared before he kicked his butt. We are not the guys that make the choices on who goes where. I hope I am wrong and that he gets that kind of offer. I am just trying to be realistic. Good luck to Powell and especially Cody Watts. He is a great kid and a Good football player.

He had not moved to Maryville, and probably will not. Unless he gets the starting job. I don't think the parents will make the committment until they know for sure. But that is only my opinion.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

I still find it hard to believe that Watts would be looked at over a 6'2" Athlete that runs a 4.3 or 4.4. Especially at Louisville, and The Ohio State.  He is a geat kid, and a good athlete. The difference in Matt and Cody-- Matt would pick a fight with a 6'4" 240 lb. man, and have the guy scared before he kicked his butt.  We are not the guys that make the choices on who goes where.  I hope I am wrong and that he gets that kind of offer.  I am just trying to be realistic.  Good luck to Powell and especially Cody Watts.  He is a great kid and a Good football player.

He had not moved to Maryville, and probably will not. Unless he gets the starting job.  I don't think the parents will make the committment until they know for sure.  But that is only my opinion.

825688515[/snapback]

What do you know though?

I still find it hard to believe that Watts would be looked at over a 6'2" Athlete that runs a 4.3 or 4.4. Especially at Louisville, and The Ohio State.  He is a geat kid, and a good athlete. The difference in Matt and Cody-- Matt would pick a fight with a 6'4" 240 lb. man, and have the guy scared before he kicked his butt.  We are not the guys that make the choices on who goes where.  I hope I am wrong and that he gets that kind of offer.  I am just trying to be realistic.  Good luck to Powell and especially Cody Watts.  He is a great kid and a Good football player.

He had not moved to Maryville, and probably will not. Unless he gets the starting job.  I don't think the parents will make the committment until they know for sure.  But that is only my opinion.

825688515[/snapback]

Who is Cody being "looked over" in favor of? I'm just not following what you are saying. This is about Cody Watts, and nobody else.

Evidentially you don't know much about Cody. Cody is one tough kid, and a fierce competitor. He is very much like Matt in that light.

I'm not trying to get into a spitting contest, but my information is rock solid. I'm close to that particular situation.

He had not moved to Maryville, and probably will not. Unless he gets the starting job. I don't think the parents will make the committment until they know for sure. But that is only my opinion.

825688515[/snapback]

Just so you boys will know, the Burnette's are making quite a committtment. You should see the size of the house (trailer) they are building in Maryville. 'Bout as big as Fil Phulmer's.

Go Rebs.