Who is the best QB in Knoxville area?

SS55

When are you all ever gonna learn, if you wanna know what the boys at MHS are doin, to just ask me, Stars, FBE or Ron? Sheeez...

Yes, the Burnette's are dug in deeper than an Alabama tick (aka bama fever). They'd better be Mur-vill-ans, or there's a housing contractor out their that has been mislead to the tune of several 100 thousand dollars!! :lol:

If HTV says he knows LL, it's golden. I, as a compitent mediator, know BOTH of you know much about football due to your day and evening jobs. HTV is closer to the subject...that will tend to cloud things in judgement though HTV... :)

I think between Zach and Cody, Zach is the better QB. I think Cody is the better athlete and the only one of the two that plays D1...if he does.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are you all ever gonna learn, if you wanna know what the boys at MHS are doin, to just ask me, Stars, FBE or Ron?  Sheeez...

Yes, the Burnette's are dug in deeper than an Alabama tick (aka bama fever).  They'd better be Mur-vill-ans, or there's a housing contractor out their that has been mislead to the tune of several 100 thousand dollars!! :lol:

If HTV says he knows LL, it's golden.  I, as a compitent mediator, know BOTH of you know much about football due to your day and evening jobs.  HTV is closer to the subject...that will tend to cloud things in judgement though HTV... :)

I think between Zach and Cody, Zach is the better QB.  I think Cody is the better athlete and the only one of the two that plays D1...if he does.

825688624[/snapback]

I appreciate the kind words, RN, but I never got into the Helton vs. Watts thing in this thread. My info was strictly on Watts.

Those two really can't be compared, anyway. What they are asked to do in their respective offensive schemes is very different. I tend to agree that Cody is a bit more "athletic" in the pure sense of the word, but that's not to say that Zach isn't an outstanding football player and athlete in his own right. Comparing them, however, is just an apple and bananas comparison.

Both are competitors, and both will do well once again this year.

I appreciate the kind words, RN, but I never got into the Helton vs. Watts thing in this thread.  My info was strictly on Watts. 

Those two really can't be compared, anyway.  What they are asked to do in their respective offensive schemes is very different.  I tend to agree that Cody is a bit more "athletic" in the pure sense of the word, but that's not to say that Zach isn't an outstanding football player and athlete in his own right.  Comparing them, however, is just an apple and bananas comparison. 

Both are competitors, and both will do well once again this year.

825688638[/snapback]

Ok...I have to ask...which is the banana? :lol:

Wild rooster,

You say you heard Burnette kid lives in Halls. Why you know he lives in Halls, man, who you kiddin? You have been on here and talked about Halls, Central Powell, Lee Smith, Barron Huber, Kevin Catlett, etc.

You must be trying to be incognito when you speak. How are the debils going to be this fall. I heard they have a new coach, new offense, new defense, etc. Do things look up for the debils? I heard Lockwood, Lucas are not playing football this fall. Any truth or is that just a rumor. Also the other QB, Myers came back but then quit again during spring practice. When I saw he during scrimmage last spring, he looked better than decent to me. What is the deal with these youngsters?

Burnette grew up in Halls and played there thru the 8th grade.  His family has moved to the Maryville zone.

825688459[/snapback]

True, where better to develop a D1 bound Q?. Few in TN can develop a young QB better than GQ. If my son had the tools I'd move to Maryville as well. I expect him to be the starter by year’s end not taking anything away from D Hunt. I like what I see from Burnette. Go Reb's.

My vote would have to go to Erik Ainge or Rick Clausen.  ok stupid joke.  From what i hear there are a lot of talented qbs(at the high school level) in the Knoxville area.

825688694[/snapback]

I wish it were true, but this year things look alittle lean. Powell, Central and Alcoa will have the best IMO, but not that strong of a class IMO.

I agree that you have all the inside information on Cody Watts. He is a talented kid. Just so you know, where I stand.

I too was invited to Alabama, Tennessee, Clemson, Kentucky, and several other Recruit camps when I played years ago. Those are a good sign, but also around 250 kids are invited, but only about 75 to 100 actually go to them. Good luck to Cody Watts, and the Powell Panthers.

True, where better to develop a D1 bound Q?.  Few in TN can develop a young QB better than GQ.  If my son had the tools I'd move to Maryville as well.  I expect him to be the starter by year’s end not taking anything away from D Hunt.  I like what I see from Burnette.  Go Reb's.

825688687[/snapback]

What grade is Burnett in this year??

I agree that you have all the inside information on Cody Watts.  He is a talented kid.  Just so you know, where I stand. 

I too was invited to Alabama, Tennessee, Clemson, Kentucky, and several other Recruit camps when I played years ago.  Those are a good sign, but also around 250 kids are invited, but only about 75 to 100 actually go to them.  Good luck to Cody Watts, and the Powell Panthers.

825688697[/snapback]

You obviously have trouble with reading comprehension. I said that he has been invited to those 4 prospect camps AND he is being actively recruited by Louisville and Ohio State.

But of course, you know it all, so why even bother? :lol: