Oldest and Longest Running Rivalries

THSVikings2004

• 2 weeks later...

Longest continuous rivalry in the U.S. is Norwich Free Academy & New London High School in SE Connecticut. I believe that they 1st played in either 1879 or 1889. I will check to verify the year. Its the Thanksgiving morning game so tons of alumni that are back home visiting are there to watch it. A lot of tailgating (Kegs & Eggs) goes on.

i would have to say that most of them r good some r great but NO one said anything about the USJ vs. bruceton. that has to be in the top 5 of all time. they play 2 times a yr. one is to see who will move to the next round in the playoffs and it is all ways a close game. i move to missouri and i was talking to the coach here and he said who do you think will win the USJ vs. bruceton game this yr. so what im tryin to say is if people in missouri know about this game it has to be one of the best!

825694430[/snapback]

Camden and Bruceton have been playing each other since 1948 with Bruceton dominating until the 1960's and early 70's then again in the early 80's when it was Camden's turn...but it never lasted long and Bruceton would dominate again like in the late 80's and throughout the 90's when Bruceton was a major powerhouse and it wasn't pretty for Camden....now into the 21st century Camden has become the dominate one and both teams have decided to move on to other competition...this coming season will mark the only season since 1947 that these two teams haven't met (except a couple years in the late 70's and if anyone remembers why we didn't play I'd be interested to know)...I for one will miss this very heated rivalry that no matter how far down the other was it was still the most looked forward to game of the season....good luck to the Tigers this season and maybe we will play again soon thumb

Edited by Lions4ever

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...