Top RB's In TN

turf_master_s2s

No the people eating shrooms are the people that cheer for a State University that doesn't even represent its own state. UT does a horrible job recruiting the state. I have a very good memory of the Peach Bowl against Maryland a couple of years ago. Maryland had like 20 of the 22 starters from the state of Maryland. From Maryland out of all places. There high school football does not compare to ours. That is not a talent rich state by no means. But those Maryland boys beat the living crap out of "National Power" UT from the kick-off until the final whistle. It always amazes me how Maryland can recruit Maryland and win but Tennessee can't recruit Tennessee and win. I'm not not saying every player. I'm saying well over 50% of the roster should be from Tennessee excluding walk-ons. That is fact. Ut is a state university and they should act like it. Not just UT but MTSU as well. Vandy is a private University but what better way to gain support than to recruit the good local talent that UT leaves for everyone to get like Jeff Jennings, Theo Horrocks, Lamar Divens, and Cassen Jackson. All that I'm saying is I am tired of seeing Ole Miss, Alabama, and Auburn getting great players from the state of Tennessee. UT here is a News Flash. You are a Tennessee state University. You are not a National Power or its own nation. You are a Tennessee state university. How about you recruit like it. 30 scholarship players from Tennessee does not cut it. Memphis represents the state not Ut-Knoxville.

Go Tigers!!!!

Edited by JimmyCash

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look....you people that keep complaining about how UT recruits have no idea what you're talking about. You might be upset that a certain player didn't get to play for UT, I can understand that. But how can you say that UT does a terrible job at recruiting? Thats insane...they always have one of the best recruiting classes in the country year in and year out. If you think the 2 RB's from Vandy are as good as Gerald Riggs...you are crazy. You talk about how ur going to smile when they cross the goal line. Well I'm sure there will be a lot of people smiling when Riggs crosses it a few times as well. Many things go into recruiting...not just where someone is from. You have to realize that before you can judge the decisions of the UT recruiting staff. As much as I don't like to admit it, Fulmer is a great recruiter. Maybe not the best coach, but he does load up with talent.

Let's flip the script. Since there are so many people out there saying that Tennessee should be recruiting more TN kids, could someone name me any TN kids that are making a big impact on the national level with any other school.

I saw someone say Jennings scored two touchdowns against TN, how many did he score the rest of the year? What all-american list is he on? What all SEC list is he on? Was he on the all SEC freshman team. I also saw a reference to Carl Stewart. I thought UT recruited him, but for defense. I know that he is young, but from what I saw in there televised spring game, he may not even be the starter for Auburn, this year. So to say that UT will regret not signing them is a bit premature.

You all have to take into account that the player also has a say so in this also, it may be hard for some UT fans to realize, but not everyone want's to go to UT. Even with all of their success, a lot of kids don't view them as a glamour school like Florida, Florida State, Miami, Southern Cal, etc.

Recruiting is not based on talent alone but also need. Different shools run different schemes, a player that is good for one program may not be good for another.

Let's flip the script.  Since there are so many people out there saying that Tennessee should be recruiting more TN kids, could someone name me any TN kids that are making a big impact on the national level with any other school. 

I saw someone say Jennings scored two touchdowns against TN, how many did he score the rest of the year?  What all-american list is he on?  What all SEC list is he on?  Was he on the all SEC freshman team.  I also saw a reference to Carl Stewart.  I thought UT recruited him, but for defense.  I know that he is young, but from what I saw in there televised spring game, he may not even be the starter for Auburn, this year.  So to say that UT will regret not signing them is a bit premature.

You all have to take into account that the player also has a say so in this also, it may be hard for some UT fans to realize, but not everyone want's to go to UT.  Even with all of their success, a lot of kids don't view them as a glamour school like Florida, Florida State, Miami, Southern Cal, etc.

Recruiting is not based on talent alone but also need.  Different shools run different schemes, a player that is good for one program may not be good for another.

825693119[/snapback]

That is exactly what I've been saying. There's been less than 5 players from this state in recent years that has gone to a big- time college, and made Tennessee fans actually wish they had them. Great post.

No the people eating shrooms are the people that cheer for a State University that doesn't even represent its own state. UT does a horrible job recruiting the state. I have a very good memory of the Peach Bowl against Maryland a couple of years ago. Maryland had like 20 of the 22 starters from the state of Maryland. From Maryland out of all places. There high school football does not compare to ours. That is not a talent rich state by no means. But those Maryland boys beat the living crap out of "National Power" UT from the kick-off until the final whistle. It always amazes me how Maryland can recruit Maryland and win but Tennessee can't recruit Tennessee and win. I'm not not saying every player. I'm saying well over 50% of the roster should be from Tennessee excluding walk-ons. That is fact. Ut is a state university and they should act like it. Not just UT but MTSU as well. Vandy is a private University but what better way to gain support than to recruit the good local talent that UT leaves for everyone to get like Jeff Jennings, Theo Horrocks, Lamar Divens, and Cassen Jackson. All that I'm saying is I am tired of seeing Ole Miss, Alabama, and Auburn getting great players from the state of Tennessee. UT here is a News Flash. You are a Tennessee state University. You are not a National Power or its own nation. You are a Tennessee state university. How about you recruit like it. 30 scholarship players from Tennessee does not cut it. Memphis represents the state not Ut-Knoxville.

Go Tigers!!!!

825693026[/snapback]

And look at Memphis's record compared to UT's. It's a big difference. If you are mad at UT, then give Fulmer a call yourself. All you have to do is call the football office and ask to talk to him. You should really keep your whining down and quit acting like such a cry baby. Don't hate UT just because they are better than Memphis and can get better talent than Memphis can.

And look at Memphis's record compared to UT's.  It's a big difference.  If you are mad at UT, then give Fulmer a call yourself.  All you have to do is call the football office and ask to talk to him.  You should really keep your whining down and quit acting like such a cry baby.  Don't hate UT just because they are better than Memphis and can get better talent than Memphis can.

825693222[/snapback]

While that is true, i believe the man makes a valid point. Me, I'm a big MTSU fan and it goes to show that records aren't everything cause I like MTSU much more than I like UT. Thats just how it is for me. I'll support MTSU and have season tickets as long as I live in Murfreesboro.

I haven't paid too much attention to Memphis in the past, but once Dave Thomas steps out on the field i could become their #1 fan thumb