Top RB's In TN

turf_master_s2s

i'm really shocked that phillip weathers isnt being mentioned much.

he's 5'8" 175 (i think he's putting on quite a few pounds over the summer though)

really stout.. i saw his picture in the paper for squating 500+.. and his bench press is 320..

all that strength plus a blazing 4.37 40 yard dash time. if you believe that time is a lie.. it's not.. it was actually recorded at a speed camp at bethel college.. i'm not sure what his 40 time was at UTK's football camp, but i heard he was the fastest at the camp.

i can't wait to see what this year brings for this guy, i just hope huntingdon has a decent o-line to help him out.

825695789[/snapback]

Of course Lindsey is at the top of my list, but I would put Boo Weathers on here also!! He was exciting to watch against my boys, but I don't know about a 4.37 40!!Maybe mid/high 4.4, but that was in December!! :P

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would UT want to take a 3-star player from Tennessee when they can go to another state and get a 5-star player.  Point is, UT recruits the best kids in the NATION.

825691969[/snapback]

I'd rather have a player a tenth of a second slower in the 40, 290 pounds instead of 320, who will play hard every game-including bowls-and represent the state school with class, not these thugs that have been brought in the last few years.

I'd rather have a player a tenth of a second slower in the 40, 290 pounds instead of 320, who will play hard every game-including bowls-and represent the state school with class, not these thugs that have been brought in the last few years.

825695959[/snapback]

I agree that UT has a problem with thugs. UT has had problems over the years with people like Leonard Little, Dewayne Goodrich, etc... Since Feb. '04, they've have 13 players to get cited or arrested. But I do like the fact that the program is good enough that kids from California are willing to come all the way across the nation just to play for UT. That speaks a lot about the program.

825695959[/snapback]

Very good point, Woody Hayes position on recruiting was to always get more instate recruits than anyone else. He felt that they would play harder, and not get into as much trouble because they actually cared about the reputation of the school. Somehow he mangaged to be successful with mostly instate players, and this was at a time when high school football in ohio was not like it is now. What good in bringing in 5 star kids who get kicked out the next year?

Edited by JC4life

What good in bringing in 5 star kids who get kicked out the next year?

The problem with that is, you mainly only hear about the 5 Star kid. If it's a walk-on or non-starter you may get a sentence or two.

Just look at the latest for TN with the furniture deal. If it had involved only the walk-on and not Jesse Mahelona and Arron Sears we probably would have heard little about it.

All colleges have there problems. As far as home state kids having pride, I'm sure there are some who do, but for a lot players today, the only pride they have is which team can give them a championship now.

Just look at the latest for TN with the furniture deal.  If it had involved only the walk-on and not Jesse Mahelona and Arron Sears we probably would have heard little about it.

825696110[/snapback]

They shouldn't have accepted the furniture, but they lost their stuff in a fire so I can see why they tried to keep the furniture.

everyone talks about miller, but i think any back could run with the line that he had. not only did he have a good line but a lot of other weapons on his team to distract people off of him.

everyone look out for edward sawyer from hendersonville this year. he ran track this year and is alot faster. no one forget that he ran for 1500 yards in 10 games with about an 11 yard average. his best game was the first of the year so wilson central look out. it was against smyrna and he had 337 yards and 5 td's.

everyone talks about miller, but i think any back could run with the line that he had. not only did he have a good line but a lot of other weapons on his team to distract people off of him.

everyone look out for edward sawyer from hendersonville this year. he ran track this year and is alot faster. no one forget that he ran for 1500 yards in 10 games with about an 11 yard average. his best game was the first of the year so wilson central look out. it was against smyrna and he had 337 yards and 5 td's.

825697850[/snapback]

If anyone could've done it why did'nt those type stats get posted the previous 2 seasons that Gaston wasn't the starter. The O-line in my opinion was 2- 3 times better with the likes of Kenyon Buford and Cortez Lawrence. True, there were other weapons on the team. But that also cut out of Gaston's carries. While he ranked at the top of the list in tennessee for yards, he loomed towards the middle of the list in carries. Through the majority of the season he averaged 9 carries a game.

Edward Sawyer is an excellent back but I have talked to him and he has expressed interest in playing defense at the college level.

I agree with you warrioralumni. The lines that RHS had in 2001 and 2002 were a lot better, and bigger, than 2003 and 2004. Gaston is just THAT GOOD. I remember watching him in Mustangs and he scored just about every time he touched the ball. I didn't think last year's line was all that great. They were good when they had to be, but I saw a lot of their linemen getting knocked off the ball. Point is, Gaston is as good as his stats.