Top RB's In TN

turf_master_s2s

How do you think Ricky Ladd will do now that he is playing in a lower classification?

Will he do better or do worse, because even though WH moves down, they lost a pretty dominating O-Line.

These are your top backs this year in my opinion(Not in order):

Miller, Ladd, Smith, Cooper, Weathers, Lindsey, and Brown

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well what about the kids from polk county fb and rb both are over 6 foot and between 210 and 240  and run 40 at 4.5 /4.6 maybe alittle slower not sure  and they also have a small back 5foot 8 and 170lbs around the same 40 times

o/l is also big

825695608[/snapback]

The backfield from polk is big and talented. They have a good tandem in the backfield and both of them are over 200 lbs. but as far as the 40 yd. dash a 4.8 would be pushing it for either of them. They are both big and powerful but niether are very fast

• 2 weeks later...

Last year i would have probably said that Chris Shiverdecker, formerly of Jeff County, now of ALCOA, was the best running back in the state. However, having put it in perspective, Shiverdecker's success last year was due to him getting the ball 30 - 40 times a game at a team who apparently forgot it was legal to throw the ball. He did have huge breaks and he is fast, but he is not as good as say Gulmire. Now that he is in ALCOA, he will receive far far less carries because he will be sharing time with another back and because ALCOA can pass. I just don't believe that shivey is as good as he or anyone else thinks he is and it will show this year.

Last year i would have probably said that Chris Shiverdecker, formerly of Jeff County, now of ALCOA, was the best running back in the state. However, having put it in perspective, Shiverdecker's success last year was due to him getting the ball 30 - 40 times a game at a team who apparently forgot it was legal to throw the ball. He did have huge breaks and he is fast, but he is not as good as say Gulmire. Now that he is in ALCOA, he will receive far far less carries because he will be sharing time with another back and because ALCOA can pass. I just don't believe that shivey is as good as he or anyone else thinks he is and it will show this year.

825704216[/snapback]

Less carries won`t hurt Chris, he's not the type of running that gains 5 yards every play and needs 30 carries just to reach 100yds. He is a homerun threat that can take it to the house every play, being a Jeff Co you should know that. Having a QB, and WR's around him will only make him better. Just think what kind of numbers Chris would have put up without having to deal with 9 in the box all game long. Chris with a passing game is a scary thought.

As Jefferson Co is about to find out, you can`t hand the ball to any RB and get 1700+yds and 20+TD's

Edited by JC4life

Interesting post Tom142, because of your statement that Shiverdecker is not a top 20 back in TN I can assume you haven`t seen him play. Now for a sophmore, 1700yds and 20 TD isn`t bad, and he can only get better. As of right now I wouldn`t call Shiverdecker the best RB in the state, but he is one of the best. In case you haven`t noticed, I-formation teams are suppose to run the ball a lot. If Shiverdecker has a half way decent line and any kind of passing threat he will go well over 1700yds and will have a much bigger ypc number (7yds a pop is nothing to look down on BTW)

825691186[/snapback]

Tom142

Also, Shiverdecker isn't the best RB in the state. He's a good RB, but not near the best in the state, probably not even top twenty. If a player like Graig Cooper, Dustin Lindsey, Gaston Miller, or Boo Weathers were on teams that handed it to them almost everytime then they'd have 3,000-4,000 yards.

If only you guys had known then what you know now! :lol:

Edited by mhs

Keep an eye on #5 Jeromy Ramsey at Lincoln County. A junior this year who didnt get much playing time last year since he was playing behind senior Josh Gregory who had a great season with QB Micheal Edmiston the year before. Hes got it all. Speed, power, quickness, and moves. Everytime he touches the ball it looks like hes gonna break a big play. 3 games into the season everyone will know what Im talking about. thumb

Edited by 93grad

825704216[/snapback]

Alright, i have heard many versions of this story. Is Shiverdercker officially at Alcoa now?