CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello boys I am back!!! Did you people miss me. To get on topic, lets not start out this year with all the we are small, slow, and puny that junk is old. Yes we will be decent ,but will not know anything until I see us in action cause to be honest Bigreid and I are the only ones who will know if we be good or ok. We will compete for the Region title and Westmoreland is usually a good team cause they do what they and do it well. Like Bigreid I must agree I think we have as much speed as we had my senior year and we are ALWAYS GOOD ON THE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL!!!

825700663[/snapback]

I agree oldsc7 that ole cliche " small but slow" is wearing thin. But the truth is the truth !!! Smith Co. coaching staff has done a tremedous job of getting the most out of the talent they have had to work with. As you know Smith Co. has been very successful the past few yrs. And the reason is fairly simple. Because you win a lot of ballgames by being better prepared than your opponent and making adjustments during the game. Sc coaches do this better or as good as any staff in TN. And with the additions of Dyer and Harville the staff will be even stronger. Last yrs. team was one of the most exciting teams to come thru in a long time. They played on heart and guts all year. However I have a good feeling that you all can expect most of the same this yr and hopefully yrs. to come. This season could be very special for the " small but slow Owls". The Hole will be rockin again this year.

Edited by Rocking Chair

i would hardly call that a claim to fame, lol

825706492[/snapback]

Yeah, I would say that making it to the fourth round is a claim to fame for a small school in Baxter, TN that had only made the playoffs one time, the year before, in the school's history. I have told all my buddies at LA, if we would have played each other that year, it would be one time that Upperman would have beat LA. LOL

twan, as far as poundings go id say we've both delivered a few to the other. but in the last 8 meetings of carthage v. westmoreland. we're up 5-3. i do remember one horrible pounding around 94-95 that we gave you and i think you gave us one a few years earlier.

hey catalyst remember this line? TOUCHDOWN WESTMORELAND! Brown now has 250 yards, and 3 TD's at half time!lol. i bet twan does.

anyway guys, yeah SC prolly wins the region. and whatever moron said westmoreland wins it easily is smoking crack. i dont know, they may very well win it but they will have to earn it. as will any team in the region.including carthage.

and by the way, to the coacht goer's of carthage. please dont turn into MC, TC, and ant those ppl(i know we have some too). i get tired of hearing the trash talk before the game is played. nobody cares if you think your sack is bigger than somebody elses. all that matters is friday nights.if you want to post stats and poke fun at one another thats great. if you want to talk trash about how you won last night, go ahead if they deserve it. but dont be ignorant about it.

talk about your kids and brag on them, they deserve it they are the ones putting it on the line and working in the heat.

seasons almost a month away and im getting chills just thinking about the lights.

twan, as far as poundings go id say we've both delivered a few to the other. but in the last 8 meetings of carthage v. westmoreland. we're up 5-3. i do remember one horrible pounding around 94-95 that we gave you and i think you gave us one a few years earlier.

hey catalyst remember this line? TOUCHDOWN WESTMORELAND! Brown now has 250 yards, and 3 TD's at half time!lol. i bet twan does.

anyway guys, yeah SC prolly wins the region. and whatever moron said westmoreland wins it easily is smoking crack. i dont know, they may very well win it but they will have to earn it. as will any team in the region.including carthage.

and by the way, to the coacht goer's of carthage. please dont turn into MC, TC, and ant those ppl(i know we have some too). i get tired of hearing the trash talk before the game is played. nobody cares if you think your sack is bigger than somebody elses. all that matters is friday nights.if you want to post stats and poke fun at one another thats great. if you want to talk trash about how you won last night, go ahead if they deserve it. but dont be ignorant about it.

talk about your kids and brag on them, they deserve it they are the ones putting it on the line and working in the heat.

seasons almost a month away and im getting chills just thinking about the lights.

825706828[/snapback]

Nah...I choose not to remember Clint Brown. :lol: It will be a good region. Westmoland will be a tough game...as will the trip to YAI. We don't usually play well up there. Upperman could well be improved with a new coach. I'm looking forward to it.

Choose not to remember Clint Brown? Anyone who can spell Mr. Football remembers him. I think his best run ever came against Carthage. He tip-toed to the 3-yard line and jumped off one foot to the pylon. I'm pretty sure the ref called him out of bounds but it was a sweet run nevertheless.

Hello boys I am back!!! Did you people miss me. Yes we will be decent ,but will not know anything until I see us in action cause to be honest Bigreid and I are the only ones who will know if we be good or ok. Like Bigreid I must agree I think we have as much speed as we had my senior year

Man old#7 you seem to be forgetting people left and right. How big of boys you been hittin in Clarskville, or is it just all the volleyballs bouncing off your head. No I agree with you and Big Reid we will be descent and should hands down win the region. Also a pretty big bird landed on my shoulder and said this is one of the fastest teams they've had in a while. But as you all know speed is not everything. Defense they should be set as always. All's left is to see their aggression and how bad they want it.

Edited by Cheyenne