2. Riverside

3. Lewis Co.

4. Loretto

5. Richland

6. Adamsville

7. Stewart Co.

8. Houston Co.

9. Waverly

I think Lewis Co. could also sneak up there in the # 2 spot. I tossed a coin and got Riverside this time.

Four teams per region go into the playoffs, so it's probably gonna be my #1-#4, but you never know.

After Camden's performance last year on what many thought to be overachieving (not me) in a much tougher region with perennial State Contenders McKenzie and Huntingdon, they can take this region IF they play to their potential. But, with Coach Ward's work ethic really rubbing off on those boys, you may be looking at a State contender.

Lewis County adds another regional championship to the impressive program Coach Sharp has built. With the last 2 junior high football teams going undefeated, it looks like Coach Sharp will have Lewis County on top of their new region for many more years and could possibly make another run of 3 or more regional championships in a row, which Coach Sharp has done twice in his 15 year career at Lewis County. :angry:

Here are a few answers to some of the lingering questions.

Who is the Favorite?

If you havent heard Lewis Co. only lost 5 starters,and return with two groups of undefeated middle school teams added to their roster.Also, many people are seeing that this might be the year that a strong offensive line will finally be around to help the skilled Backs and recievers. Defensively the Panthers are lead by MLB Zach "Moe" Wright. 8 returning starters are in the mix on defense

Camden brings back a whole heap of talent from a remarkable team last year. Josh and Byron Boyd seem to be the leaders of a Once unstoppable offense.Although i see weakness in Offensive line and also the defensive side of the ball. Many teams in Region 6- bring a powerhouse offense: Lewis Co.,Riverside,Adamsville,Loretto,Richland,Waverly. These will be tests of talent seen every Friday. Seems to me that this region can be compared with the SEC anyone can be beat any game.

Parsons have a gem in back Hunter Smith,often underrated, he will certainly turn some heads this year. Parsons brings with them a load of offensive talent to the table and can be compared to be just as good as Camden or Lewis ,But I place them 3rd on my Favorites list because of a weak defense,this will be seen in weeks to come but with their offense they will still compete with anyone they play.

The Favorite will be decided on the three weeks of October 14 -28, when all of these teams have to face one another..................................................

If there is one thing to be guranteed in this Region, It is Far from picking a favorite,exspecially without alot of arguments to be brought up. thumb

(October 14) (October 21) (October 28)

Parsons@Lewis Camden@Parsons Lewis@Camden

Here are a few answers to some of the lingering questions.

Who is the Favorite?

If you havent heard Lewis Co. only lost 5 starters,and return with two groups of undefeated middle school teams added to their roster.Also, many people are seeing that this might be the year that a strong offensive line will finally be around to help the skilled Backs and recievers. Defensively the Panthers are lead by MLB Zach "Moe" Wright. 8 returning starters are in the mix on defense

Camden brings back a whole heap of talent from a remarkable team last year. Josh and Byron Boyd seem to be the leaders of a Once unstoppable offense.Although i see weakness in Offensive line and also the defensive side of the ball. Many teams in Region 6- bring a powerhouse offense: Lewis Co.,Riverside,Adamsville,Loretto,Richland,Waverly. These will be tests of talent seen every Friday. Seems to me that this region can be compared with the SEC anyone can be beat any game.

Parsons have a gem in back Hunter Smith,often underrated, he will certainly turn some heads this year. Parsons brings with them a load of offensive talent to the table and can be compared to be just as good as Camden or Lewis ,But I place them 3rd on my Favorites list because of a weak defense,this will be seen in weeks to come but with their offense they will still compete with anyone they play.

The Favorite will be decided on the three weeks of October 14 -28, when all of these teams have to face one another..................................................

If there is one thing to be guranteed in this Region, It is  Far from picking a favorite,exspecially without alot of arguments to be brought up. thumb

(October 14)                          (October 21)                      (October 28)

Parsons@Lewis                    Camden@Parsons                Lewis@Camden

825689757[/snapback]

Although the final three weeks of the season will be important and Lewis co and Riverside will be tough games, week 0 and 1 in Camden's schedule will predict not only the region 6aa winner but also the probable west contender at the 'Boro come December. If Camden lives up to their potential and performs well against Westview and Huntingdon they should be unstoppable for the rest of the season barring any major injuries...BTW LCHS why would you say that there are problems on Camden's o-line??...they lost 1 starter on the o-line and that line handled the big boys on your line with no problem....we were fast and strong last year and this year we will be fast, very strong and have more size so I hope your d-line has picked it up some or Josh and Byron will have a field day once again.....on defense we lost some key players but we are ready to reload not rebuild....our line will be solid and I look for Bryce Wilbanks to lead a very agressive LB crew and with the althetes available to cover in the secondary (the Boyds, Crawley and Horton) just to name a few we'll have that covered also....Good Luck to everyone in this region and I hope to see some very competitive smash mouth football games this season!

Even though I play for Riverside, it's hard to go against Camden with the way they played last year and the people they have coming back. I believe Lewis County will be a good team, but I don't think they will be a powerhouse until these middle school teams get some experience on the high school level. As for Riverside, I think we have a really good shot at this region. Last year we didn't play to our potential but everybody knows that this year we don't have a choice, because we have a weaker schedule. I really don't think our defense will be weak. We have a lot of speed in our secondary, and we have a great leader on defense, LB Sean McCormick 6'3 235 lbs. I think we have the potential to be really strong on defense. McCormick is a linebacker and i don't think anybody we play has any one man that can stop him. Our secondary will be led by Hunter Smith. He has some good experience so he should be able to handle his role at FS. Our offense should be solid since we have so much experience in the backfield. The line should be strong and we definitely have th size up front. I really believe this will just depend on who comes out fired up the most every Friday night. The teams are too close to say that any one team will dominate. It looks like a very competitive region is set up and I know everyone is ready to get it started. I'm going to just go ahead and say that I think the playoff teams will be(in no order):Riverside, Camden, Lewis Co, and Loretto.

LCHSgrinch,

Do you care to list your starter sizes by positions?

Riverside's defense will be something like this:

DE Brian Harralston 5'-10" 180 Junior

DT Andrew Sparks 6'-2" 265 Senior (returning starter)

NG Sean Peavahouse 5'-10" 235 Soph.

DT Josh Floyd 5'11" 245 Junior (returning starter)

DE Bryce Howell 6'-2" 210 Soph.

LB Jay Gilbert 5'-10" 205 Senior (returning starter) 6-2A All-Region

LB Sean McCormick 6'-3" 235 Senior (returning starter) 6-2A All-Region

SS Casey Sanders 6'-1" 195 Senior

CB John Brasher 5'-11" 170 Senior (returning starter)

CB Josh Quarles 6'-0" 175 Junior

FS Hunter Smith 6'-1" 190 Senior (returning starter) 6-2A All-Region

Riverside's Offense will be something like this:

T Josh Floyd 5'11" 245 Junior (returning starter)

G Andrew Sparks 6'-2" 265 Senior (returning starter)

C Blaine Pearcy 5'-11" 240 Senior

G Shannon Smith 6'-2" 285 Senior (returning starter)

T Sean Peavahouse 5'-10" 235 Soph. or

Brian Harralston 5'-10" 180 Junior

TE Ross Garrett 6'-2" 230 Junior  or

Bryce Howell 6'-2" 210 Soph.

WR John Brasher 5'-11" 170 Senior (returning starter)

RB Jay Gilbert 5'-10" 205 Senior (returning starter) 6-2A All-Region

FB Sean McCormick 6'-3" 235 Senior (returning starter) 6-2A All-Region

TB Hunter Smith 6'-1" 190 Senior (returning starter) 6-2A All-Region

QB Chase Brasher 6'-1" 165 Junior

825690132[/snapback]

:ph34r: ....looks like a weak defense to me ;) .....offense shouldn't be able to get anything done either from the looks of it ;):P