Class AA: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I am now going to change my predictions because it seems that Humboldt's best offensive threat (that of course is Donald) is transferring to Liberty.  Here are my new predictions:

1.) Huntingdon

2.) Westview

3.) Milan

4.) USJ

5.) Dresden

6.) Humboldt

7.) Peabody

8.) Gibson Co.

825695872[/snapback]

If Donald is indeed transfering to Liberty, it will be a MAJOR blow to Humboldt. I think that they only had 2 returning starters back from last year, now that leaves only 1. This region is going to be really exciting every Friday night. Obviously the favorites are Huntingdon, Milan and Westview, but there are some other teams that will be very good and could win many regions throughout the state. Can't wait for the season to start!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who can put 9 in the box on defense and shut down somebodys game plan for 4 quarters....thats basically the preview of 7-2A this year...

Some people look at this post and will laugh or whatever ..probably east tennesseans..but putting 9 in the box on a west tennessee running game will hardly do it. We will stick with the bread and butter and eventually break your back.

Edited by westtn2004state

This region is definetly a hard nosed region up the middle but you need the line and running backs to do that. The most suprising thing to me is watching Boo and Markei Guy run is they are some of the smallest yet they will charge in the middle like a 250 pound fullback. Everyone speaks of them being one hit away from being put out of the game but ive seen them both take one of those licks and get right back up. I have more respect for these 2 RB's than probably anyone else in this region. I saythese are 2 Mr.Football candidates and mauy the best man win

I think people are assuming way too much about Milan. I look for them to be down this year. My early upset prediction for the season: USJ 21 Milan 14. Its never too early to get something started! :)

825694034[/snapback]

USJ won't beat Milan,Westview, or Huntingdon. You're right it is never too late to get something started! Milan 28 USJ 7. thumb

Well let's look at this for a second. Last year MY Riverside Panthers went 2-8. We played tough teams each week. Your team went what 12-1? You played tough teams every other week. Yes we are 2A but we were definitely not a consistent and strong team. There is a BIG difference between our team last year and what you are going to face each week this year. Might I add USJ will have to do this without Ross, Garrett, Pappis, Long, and Dement. Those guys played MAJOR roles in your success last year. Just take my advice.....you'll see once you get thrown in the middle of Huntingdon, Westview, Milan, and Humboldt. They will show you how much of a difference there is in 1A and 2A football.

825693856[/snapback]

Dement is a Senior this year.

• 2 weeks later...

No, Adrian Donald from Humboldt isn't going anywhere...he was over at Liberty one day w/ his dad for his dad's t-shirt business...he is in Humboldt to stay and is greatly improved...if that was even possible...after putting up 30 td's last year and 1600 yards, he's gotten stronger, put on lbs, gotten faster, and probably most importantly...he's matured and hasn't gotten the big head, which is easy to do w/ all the hype given to West Tn football...Humboldt may have lost a lot of starters, but ppl forget how deep they were last year...ppl will step in and produce immediately...Oh, and just something to think abt...if Donald put up the numbers he did last year w/ everyone knowin he was gettin the ball and absolutely no passing game present due to the injured qb, what will he do this year when teams have to respect the passing game and not put 9 or even 10 in the box...Just an observation from a fan of high school football